Skip to main content

Topic: Can someone give me a quik update on encumberance (Read 1361 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Can someone give me a quik update on encumberance
Reply #15
If you charge up your ray, you will still do 60-70 backhit damage in full infernal. It's the secondary effects, way more than the raw damage that gets nerfed with a higher encumberance.
As for movement, you are screwed in heavy armor. Mages can bounce around, you are stuck with pressing W.

This is because that damn bunny hopping should be trashed altogether. :)
Yes, i know the system is not complete, they have to add grappling hook to non-magic users and more utilities with titles but still is something i'm not able to digest even if they heavy nerfed it, because i still think that mounts should be the first and only movement tool for everyone.

So get rid of all the mobility spells, and give heavies that have all the protections a grab utility stronger than seize already is? Please stop...

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
I don't see anything wrong with mages being able to bunny hop better than heavies or leathers. They're glass cannons. I do think that a potion title allowing you to have cooldowns on multiple potions should be allowed and lock out magic that way heavies can manage stats better since they can't have the utility to get around and fast as mages

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
What if you could only bunnyhop if you had the title?

New meta, gg wp

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
What if you could only bunnyhop if you had the title?

New meta, gg wp
Isn't that what people did with the flip move in UW? You basically had to have it to compete, right?
Never played UW but watched it in pvp videos

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
So get rid of all the mobility spells, and give heavies that have all the protections a grab utility stronger than seize already is? Please stop...

Mounts for everyone, super fast mounts on public roads. Easy and simple.

Actually mages have a huge advantage even with BH penalties, they can get away pretty fast from close combat while metal users are fucked up because they are still dependant on magic to do the same with a high encoumbrance.

We lacks damage with archery from range and we lack movements to catch up. Game is not balanced in this aspect atm.

Have you ever tried to BH using begone with a full metal set? You aren't even able to bypass a city wall.
  • Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:33:55 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #20
Movement has allways been a very sensitive area in PvP. For good reason hard cc is a no go and everyone took up all moveent skills there are. Therefore i also think that movement options should be nearly the same for everyone.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
except if you give a heavy the same movement options as a squishy the squishy won't live long.
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
except if you give a heavy the same movement options as a squishy the squishy won't live long.
Or everyone would just avoid playing squishy, lol. Wasn't UW like that in the sense that everyone picked the same skills for the most part?

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
Wasn't UW like that in the sense that everyone picked the same skills for the most part?

Half the skill were the same for everyone, so yeah, basically it was like that.

Reply #24
There are blinds and knockbacks atleast, wof etc. But leaving heavies with no means to catch up is not going to work. In every iteration so far movement skills where evenly spread and there is a reason for this.
  • Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 08:29:57 pm by elektrofux

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
There are blinds and knockbacks atleast, wof etc. But leaving heavies with no means to catch up is not going to work. In every iteration so far movement skills where evenly spread and there is a reason for this.
Spawn a mount, that's what I do most of the time anyways. Heavies have awesome protections and the reason why movement was previously evenly spread out is because you could juggle them. You can't do that here so the next option is to "juggle" yourself away from them

Reply #26
Spawn a mount, that's what I do most of the time anyways. Heavies have awesome protections and the reason why movement was previously evenly spread out is because you could juggle them. You can't do that here so the next option is to "juggle" yourself away from them

This doesnt work so well. The robe guy just got a stormblast and begone between him and you and also spawns a mount. How do you catch him?

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #27

This doesnt work so well. The robe guy just got a stormblast and begone between him and you and also spawns a mount. How do you catch him?
Specialize into the OP Rider Title and run that coward down.  Also being able to out manage your mounts stamina with carrots should be easy son.  Or just follow closely with grappling hook and grenade his mount down. Hell maybe you can land a bola
  • Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 12:58:14 am by Otis

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28

Battle spike hop once, summon a mount, double click your extravagant robe, continue to sprint until you come up on a nice fairway, dismount, begone, battle spike hop once, stormblast and either gun the mount down or summon another mount.

If you fail at it or get killed in the process because you can't manage your stats, get a bit more practice in.

There are certain playstyles that can be weak in some terrain yet vastly superior in other terrain. There's nothing wrong with someone escaping and you not being able to catch him. You can always send a rage tell to make yourself feel better

Reply #29

Battle spike hop once, summon a mount, double click your extravagant robe, continue to sprint until you come up on a nice fairway, dismount, begone, battle spike hop once, stormblast and either gun the mount down or summon another mount.

If you fail at it or get killed in the process because you can't manage your stats, get a bit more practice in.

There are certain playstyles that can be weak in some terrain yet vastly superior in other terrain. There's nothing wrong with someone escaping and you not being able to catch him. You can always send a rage tell to make yourself feel better

Just FYI battlespike hopping was removed.