Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Patch 3.13 - The Great Magic Overhaul (Read 3202 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Discussion: Patch 3.13 - The Great Magic Overhaul
Reply #195
It's just a temporary fuck up. I bet the fix it a month or so. They promised faster patch rate after all.

OK, so 3 months of Q&A and "we're taking our time" wasnt enough.

Don't worry, there is plenty of time until October, it's just the middle of August.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• Fuh Q
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #196
I know Im a little late to the party. But I am fresh back from ROA. The new magic magnitude/ encumbrance system makes Mage the only viable play style.

Heavy, with destroyer removed and movement spells broken, your only team fight role is to soak up damage and die. Forget begoning and healing, trying to escape and survive. Maybe you kept some damage off your mages and they took out some of their mages, then your death isn't completely in vain.

Hybrid, also gone due to no movement spells and many other spells, WOF for example, being nerfed into the ground with any encumbrance.

So I have retired my heavy gear and am playing mage. I should have worked up tailoring mastery not armor mastery. Oh well.

sigh. Play for a while. The 'only viable play style' thing is a commentary on not enough play time
+1 for dong a good impersonation of a Mycke comment. Lets start off wit the sigh, typical Mycke tactic that establishes his imagined superiority. The next part just says "keep smashing your head against the wall some day it might you will get a different result", but really isnt constructive.
arianaramou know evrything about pizza he is the boy who delever them and now pizza are berned 50cents tips

Reply #197
I know Im a little late to the party. But I am fresh back from ROA. The new magic magnitude/ encumbrance system makes Mage the only viable play style.

Heavy, with destroyer removed and movement spells broken, your only team fight role is to soak up damage and die. Forget begoning and healing, trying to escape and survive. Maybe you kept some damage off your mages and they took out some of their mages, then your death isn't completely in vain.

Hybrid, also gone due to no movement spells and many other spells, WOF for example, being nerfed into the ground with any encumbrance.

So I have retired my heavy gear and am playing mage. I should have worked up tailoring mastery not armor mastery. Oh well.

sigh. Play for a while. The 'only viable play style' thing is a commentary on not enough play time
+1 for dong a good impersonation of a Mycke comment. Lets start off wit the sigh, typical Mycke tactic that establishes his imagined superiority. The next part just says "keep smashing your head against the wall some day it might you will get a different result", but really isnt constructive.

To be fair, you are being a whiny bitch :)

Play the game.

Learn a new meta.

:o

• Fuh Q
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #198

To be fair, you are being a whiny bitch :)

Play the game.

Learn a new meta.

:o

To be fair this line in my original statement shows I have done that. Played the game and figured out full heavy was worthless in 99% of the scenarios now. Learned a new meta. Here is a hint, thats why I have quit wearing metal and now wear bone armor.

But that does not mean I have to like the new meta, and I do not like it.
arianaramou know evrything about pizza he is the boy who delever them and now pizza are berned 50cents tips

Reply #199

Very true.

Thanks for letting everyone know.

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #200

Very true.

Thanks for letting everyone know.

I'm an amateur GFX Artist. I created the RoA logo, BPG logo, many of the forum buttons, and edited their swirl.

But don't misunderstand: I hold no bias. I play both. Great devs on both sides- good, passionate people.

If you'd like GFX work message me.

Grim ReapiN
Proven mongoloid

Reply #201
ERRATUM:
The initial patch notes had a mistake.
The prime time windows are actually split in the following fashion:
- Invulnerability: 16h
- Vulnerability: 5h
- Soft-Vulnerability: 3h

The initial windows were meant as a more hardcore test, to gauge reaction, but a tweak got published ahead of time once the patch notes were already written.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #202
ERRATUM:

The initial windows were meant as a more hardcore test, to gauge reaction, but a tweak got published ahead of time once the patch notes were already written.

You are welcome.

We still need you to confirm about the mechanic where if you get war deced, can you change your invulnerability window before the 1 hour takes effect, to escape the first siege? We believe that happened last night as well.

Is there a way to know what the vulnerability window of a clan is, without trying to drop a siege on them? I mean, it sucks to wardec into the unknown, and find out their vulnerability window is when all of you are at work or sleeping.

Edit: Lol at @Raap , he spent 800k and 1k black powder to get a Snowhide set :)))

"Things just got worse."

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #203
ERRATUM:

Follow up question: Did you remove protection shards from the game? If not, how do they play into these vulnerability windows?

Edit: Please clarify how these windows are lined up? Say if I put my primetime on 12:00 PM, from where to when are the windows spread?
  • Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 01:10:34 pm by Raap

Raap - Uprising

Reply #204
@Eilistraee
No, there are no other ways to see what a clan's prime time window is.
We want people to scout for these info, and down the line sieges and wars no longer being correlated means it wouldn't be such a risk.

For being able to change a prime time window as a war is being declared, this may be something that needs to be looked into.
In theory people should have decided their prime time prior to being in any wars, so perhaps a limitation can be set with getting a war declaration triggering the cooldown for prime time windows.
We want a defender's advantage, but not so much as to make them unsiegable.

@Raap
Yes, protection shards have been removed from the game.
You can sell them at their former purchase price at any NPC vendor if you had any stocked up.

The windows are still starting from the time set in the interface:
- Set time is the start of the vulnerability window.
- Once vulnerability ends, soft vulnerability starts, as a buffer before the two other periods.
- Then comes invulnerability, lasting until the set prime time starts.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #205
@Eilistraee
No, there are no other ways to see what a clan's prime time window is.
We want people to scout for these info, and down the line sieges and wars no longer being correlated means it wouldn't be such a risk.

So we ended up in a situation where we still have to wardec for a lot of gold to get this basic info. If not for the village gold changes (probably unintended gold flood on economy via villages) we would be very pissed now. What does the game offer to scout for vulnerability windows? It seems sieging is broken this way, needs a fix.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #206
In addition to many siege problem - there is also one major issue (for me at least).
Sieges are boring as fuck.

PvP around villages is often more fun than standing around for an hour defending siege stones, destroying walls for hours... etc etc

Shardholder sieges in old Darkfall were lots of fun for the chase & fights. Of course, those were exploitable (pay the shardholder to intentially disconnect; server lag -> DC, or just a simple crash). But at least they were fun.

I hope @Ub3rgames have something in store, at least for after the launch, on how to tweak mechanics of sieges to make them more epic and/or more fun.
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

• MKH
  • [*][*]
Reply #207
In addition to many siege problem - there is also one major issue (for me at least).

PvP around villages is often more fun than standing around for an hour defending siege stones, destroying walls for hours... etc etc

Shardholder sieges in old Darkfall were lots of fun for the chase & fights. Of course, those were exploitable (pay the shardholder to intentially disconnect; server lag -> DC, or just a simple crash). But at least they were fun.

I hope @Ub3rgames have something in store, at least for after the launch, on how to tweak mechanics of sieges to make them more epic and/or more fun.

Well if I remember correctly they are revamping the whole siege thing so it's more like week on going fight that climates at the very siege of the city in the end.
Viil Taja - GIANTS

Reply #208

Well if I remember correctly they are revamping the whole siege thing so it's more like week on going fight that climates at the very siege of the city in the end.

The siege system absolutely needs work