Skip to main content

Topic: Reckful streamed RoA for hours (Read 1623 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Reckful streamed RoA for hours
Reply #30
@CeliahAiley   To be fair, most new players that get into a clan early on will be pampered just as much as Reckful is.

Not saying it's a good thing, just saying it's pretty common.

Reply #31
Dread Og asking for a free account for him so they don't "blow this chance" to entice a popular streamer, when said streamer can't login.

Multiple people going to his shitty starter zone?
Fire dragon trip organized for him to join without any waiting time when he arrives?
Clan leader of a clan with 15+ online, who sits and talks to him for ages?
Clan leader promising to drop a siege, so the guy can join the siege on the following day because he wants to sleep and can't join the siege they have already planned and offering him to join?
Many different people talking to him and putting him in to the center of attention like he's important (because he has 8K viewers)?
Developers of the game standing in front of him and running around with him?
A group of 20 players killing a PKer and waiting specifically for the guy to come and gank him?

... No. I wasn't talking about the stuff he got. I was talking about the attention.

The guy was practically carried like a feather by the wind...
  • Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 02:03:39 am by CeliahAiley
PLEASE INSERT 1 BREAD TO CONTINUE PLAYING

Reply #32
Hm, I didn't know the extent of it.  That's pretty extreme.

I wonder if he gets the Red Carpet in most games he visits?

Reply #33
the hunch back of nerdredam has saved the dorkfall franchise from collapse with his thousands of windowlicking 12 year old throwing there mammies cred deets to fdollow him around lkiek a lost fucking dog LKMAO
"If there is a supreme being, he's crazy."

My IQ is too high for you all.

Reply #34
the hunch back of nerdredam

Did you coin that? Be honest!

Reply #35
this thread is a call to action

go grief and exploit while 8000 people are watching/trying the game for the first time

Reply #36
this thread is a call to action

go grief and exploit while 8000 people are watching/trying the game for the first time
::)

Reply #37
Who the fuck watches other ppl playing games? Get a life...

Amen, if any of you UK dorks are sitting inside this week during this heatwave then you really are a miserable hopeless cretin
Weather so peng recently, so glad I quit gaming like a month back, such a waste of time and I regret it so bad.

Reply #38
the hunch back of nerdredam

Did you coin that? Be honest!
yeah i was high, i impress myself

Who the fuck watches other ppl playing games? Get a life...

Amen, if any of you UK dorks are sitting inside this week during this heatwave then you really are a miserable hopeless cretin
Weather so peng recently, so glad I quit gaming like a month back, such a waste of time and I regret it so bad.
thank god bonii you've found the light (literally) atlast! praise be to god, have a good summer bro
"If there is a supreme being, he's crazy."

My IQ is too high for you all.

Reply #39
Dread Og asking for a free account for him so they don't "blow this chance" to entice a popular streamer, when said streamer can't login.

Multiple people going to his shitty starter zone?
Fire dragon trip organized for him to join without any waiting time when he arrives?
Clan leader of a clan with 15+ online, who sits and talks to him for ages?
Clan leader promising to drop a siege, so the guy can join the siege on the following day because he wants to sleep and can't join the siege they have already planned and offering him to join?
Many different people talking to him and putting him in to the center of attention like he's important (because he has 8K viewers)?
Developers of the game standing in front of him and running around with him?
A group of 20 players killing a PKer and waiting specifically for the guy to come and gank him?

... No. I wasn't talking about the stuff he got. I was talking about the attention.

The guy was practically carried like a feather by the wind...

It's called marketing. And good to see that the RoA community is getting behind this so positively.

Looks like it's something you wouldn't want to see happen in DND for some reason. Perhaps because it'd mean people weren't paying you attention?

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #40
"Fuck me, i'm famous."

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #41
Well, the real issue is when the honeymoon time ends and people get fed up with the puppetshow of keeping the streamer happy.
Depending on how bitchy he is, that might be day one for me...

Even the most patient people will stop holding his hand and coming along for every pointless endeavor he has thought of eventually.
When that time comes, heĀ“ll have to get his own gear, find his own things to do, join up with others like any normal player would.
Which is usually when people struggle to stick with the game, at least historically.

It might go too far to say he is misrepresenting the game on his stream...but its certaintly not an honest view into the daily lives of the average player. And that may turn away players that try after watching, or maybe they simply believe the streamer is so good at the game stuff works out?

From the few minutes i watched, he's a typical noob that wouldnt contribute anything meaningfull to anything (aside from scaling up spawns). He could ofcourse get good, but that will be weeks of playtime minimum.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #42
A good game is just good from the start. The RoA community went through an effort to make him skip what everyone considers "the bad part"; He skipped half the game, meaning half the game is shit, and most of it is encountered early on.

It's just more red flags for developers to wake up to.

Edit: That's not to say the RoA community did anything wrong, they made a decent effort to help promote their game in a positive light. It's these development directions and priorities I have issues with.
  • Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 03:55:52 pm by Raap

Raap - Uprising

Reply #43
The reason why I get triggered and respond to this entire thing is because it's messed up. Why should it be neccesary?
I want new players to join the game and stick to it because of the game. The game must drive them and motivate them. THE GAME. Not players. Not because fellow players go out of their way to welcome them or because clan leaders come up with elaborate motivation schemes to keep people in the game.

I want sustainability and a steady stream of new recruits. We can't continue to operate in these stale waters.

Football is a competitive sport and every year there are new recruits. In wars, people die and you replace them with new soldiers and new leaders.
In Darkfall, you can't replace shit. You start with a bang, you recruit a bunch of your friends. If you are successful, you get some more to join, but then things go down until you either play alone or have very few people. What's the point? How can we be competitive and fight wars if we have no new soldiers? We can't...

The attrition is too big, recruitment is non-existent and the end-game is toxic.

So really, I'm not mad at the streamer being treated well. I'm mad about the state of the game, the players that join and the market of games out there with lots of easy and fun action. Darkfall in it's current state, New Dawn or Rise of Agon, is not fun for new players. It's not easy lobby fun. It's not even hard fun.. It's just dead/inactive or it's super active and you get raped all the time by vets that grief noobs in starter areas because they think it's fun to PvP. Awesome.. Real awesome.

Then the game dies.. R.I.P Darkfall.

How can you fix these problems?
  • Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 06:39:18 pm by CeliahAiley
PLEASE INSERT 1 BREAD TO CONTINUE PLAYING

Reply #44
Have clan leaders who don't treat their members as virtual slaves?

As for it having to be necessary - Darkfall is a niche game with a tiny following. It needs as much marketing oxygen as it can get.