Skip to main content

Topic: Woodworking knife (Read 228 times) previous topic - next topic

Woodworking knife
I'm in Monkfield and cannot seem to find any NPC that sells it.  Am I missing someone or do I need to go to a different town?

Thanks all.

-Dez

Re: Woodworking knife
Reply #1
It's the saw that you need for woodcutting.

Reply #2

Pretty sure woodworking knife is for bowyery. Should be under tools in the merchant vendor one of the two tabs

Reply #3

Pretty sure woodworking knife is for bowyery. Should be under tools in the merchant vendor one of the two tabs

My misunderstanding about the question then.

Reply #4

My misunderstanding about the question then.
guy asks where could he buy woodworking knife, Maejohl tells him to cut some wood with a saw instead.

Maejohl, you aren't even aware that there is a tool named woodworking knife? Please remember this thread next time you will feel confident about your game "knowledge". And not post at all. Read instead.
Have Ub3r considered servers at the center of the Earth? That would be the fairest for everyone
would not be fair...Wildnothing would have a big ping advantage playing from Hell

Reply #5
Hi Thrush.

Reply #6
The only two tools I saw at the vendor near the bench were tongs and something else that wasn't the knife.  Not sure if a different vendor has the knife or not typically.  Yes, it's for bowyer crafting.  Any other ideas? 

I do see Mort's mention of two tabs under tools, which I don't recall so perhaps that's what I missed.  I will check when I can log in again.

This game does tend to make some things harder than they seem like they need to be.  I suppose it adds to the charm...
  • Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:38:29 pm by Dezreth

Reply #7
The only two tools I saw at the vendor near the bench were tongs and something else that wasn't the knife.  Not sure if a different vendor has the knife or not typically.  Yes, it's for bowyer crafting.  Any other ideas? 

I do see Mort's mention of two tabs under tools, which I don't recall so perhaps that's what I missed.  I will check when I can log in again.

This game does tend to make some things harder than they seem like they need to be.  I suppose it adds to the charm...

If there were only two tools, one of them being tongs it was a blacksmith NPC. Search for merchant.
Have Ub3r considered servers at the center of the Earth? That would be the fairest for everyone
would not be fair...Wildnothing would have a big ping advantage playing from Hell

• Bunny
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #8
You are probably next to the Smith who only sells tongs/hammers.  You'll need to find the NPC Merchant, click on tools 2 options appear 1st option is for harvesting tools and 2nd crafting tools - I think the knife costs 40g.

Reply #9
You are probably next to the Smith who only sells tongs/hammers.  You'll need to find the NPC Merchant, click on tools 2 options appear 1st option is for harvesting tools and 2nd crafting tools - I think the knife costs 40g.

Thanks, Bunny! 

Reply #10

This should change - it is just an annoying AV 'feature'.

Reply #11
Get rid of crafting tools and just say that all the tools are already at the crafting stations.

• Morad
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Get rid of crafting tools and just say that all the tools are already at the crafting stations.

Well all of the tools, both harvesting and crafting is a gold sink, albeit not huge.
Besides all tools have durability.

I kind of like it the way it is.

Reply #13

Well all of the tools, both harvesting and crafting is a gold sink, albeit not huge.
Besides all tools have durability.

I kind of like it the way it is.
Ub3rgames wants to make a hierarchy of harvesting tools and tie it all together with titles.  Crafting tools, however, probably won't get any buffs, so I just see them as unnecessary middlemen.