Skip to main content

Topic: Guide to Weapons bar and Hotbar - How to set them up. (Read 812 times) previous topic - next topic

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Guide to Weapons bar and Hotbar - How to set them up.
Reply #15
if you select combo mode as your selection mode then it will always select the next spell.
for example you have fireball in the first slot and inferno in the second slot. that hotbar multislot is bound to F.
if you press F once it is at fireball. and no matter if you cast fireball or not as long as you don't select another hotbar slot your next F press will select your inferno.

if you want something like in RoA where it takes the cooldown into account and ignores fireball if it's on cooldown then no, such a thing doesn't exist.

for your problem with weapon contextual bindings:
let's take your R for rays and disabling as an example:
let's say you choose hotbar 1 as your melee/archery weapon hotbar and hotbar 2 as your main magic hotbar.
put disabling shot/bow in hotbar 1 multislot 1 slot 1.
put ray in hotbar 2 multislot 1 slot 1
default key binding for multislot 1 is the "1" key. bind that one to "R"
put your melee weapon in weaponsbar slot 1
click on the button on the bottom right corner of that slot and select 1 (which will switch to hotbar 1 if you activate that weaponsbar slot)
do the same for your bow in weaponsbar slot 2
put your staff in weaponsbar slot 3 and select 2 for this one.
bind weaponsbar slot 1 at ESC -> Options  -> Input Bindings -> Gui -> Gui Weaponsbar Col1 to whatever button your melee weapon should be
do the same for Weaponsbar slot 2 and 3 for your bow and your staff.

PS:
DND accepts any disabling blow/shot skill no matter for what weapon for any weapon. so you can use the GS disabling blow skill to activate disabling shot with your bow for example.
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #16
The Key bind option looks like this in the input binding menu

Gui Hotbar Row 1
etc

You could set

Gui Hotbar Row 6 - TAB
Gui Hotbar Row 7 - Q
Gui Hotbar Row 8 -E
Gui Hotbar Row 9 - R
Gui Hotbar Row 0 - T

That way anytime you swap to a hotbar (using a weaponbar slot bound to a hotbar column) all the keys 1-5 and TAB to T would be contextual and you would be able to see the cooldowns of all abilties and have them all within reach of your left hand.

Reply #17
I am still testing the suggestion you guys gave me but i found a weird thing again ;-).

I have my heal other and sacrifice bound to my mouse, if i select that hotkey on my mouse i can cycle through the spells without having to double click, but if i bind the same spells to F R or C then i have to double click to cycle through spells. Why is that set up like that and where can i set up those options?

gonna test nubnax suggestion but i think the same problem remains with the double tap thing but if i understand correctly that set up  allows for me to switch between melee weapons without the need of inserting those skills in my hotbar since it is allready on my hotbar. For the rest it will function exactly the same as putting a melee skill on a ray cycle option in terms of amount a clicks, switching hotbars i will not do or use since i avoid using 12345 keys at all times.

Reply #18
Getting even more weird....

Q and E set as hotkey in cycle is one click to cycle.
F R and C is double click to cycle through spells.
Mouse Hotkeys is also one click cycle.

Tested nubnax system and it works as i thought it allows more then one melee weapon set up but i still need to double click to get the skill up. The more simple approach for one melee weapon set up as i used gives the exact  same problem. So the Bug in hotbar system is caused by the game and not by my hotbarsettings.

I think i gonna switch to scripts again since DND hotbarsystem does not work as intended.
  • Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 04:45:10 pm by Beoreturns

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
i'm starting to think you would need a voice com session to figure out what's going on with your settings

Reply #20
Can you use R F and C for single click cycle nubnax? That is the only issue i have atm, getting rid of double clicking for my preffered hotkey settings.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
the keys don't have anything to do with the cycle behaviour. when you click on the bottom right button of the first slot in a multislot you'll see the options:
combo mode
multi-tap mode
cycle mode.

those define the selection behaviour.

Reply #22
Narrowed it down even further, the reason why i had to double click to change my spells was the fact that my melee skills were with my ray or r50 spells. After i removed them the double click was gone and now able to freely cycle through my spells. So that issue is solved, forgot to take them out  8)  :))  >:(  O:) .....

Reply #23
@Ub3rgames  Might be usefull to look into this, having double bind options (Magic/Melee) without loosing multislot 1...10 should be possible. @nubnax thx for the support mate appreciated.

Reply #24
Is it possible to have multiple weapons on same slot in a weapon bar/spell?  I want to bind R60 bow and R40.  Use case is if my R60 breaks it then will use the R40.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
Not yet but it's planned to pick the closest fit to what's in it

Reply #26
gj bala will be sending noobs here ! including myself.....

I'm one of nature's gentlemen, but I need polish, my good man. If I'm to improve myself...  "Capt. William Kidd"

Reply #27
Is it possible to put shield weapon swap and parry action on the same key?

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
Not right now. There is actually still an annoying animation delay. If you press block too early after swapping to melee you have to wait out the whole weapon swap animation. The devs told me they want to get rid of this lockout though