Skip to main content

Topic: Mounts disappearing if logged off or away (Read 209 times) previous topic - next topic

Mounts disappearing if logged off or away
Hello, just had a general question as a couple friends of mine, as well as myself have noticed that mounts tend to disappear if you logged out without unspawning them. We are not in populated areas and there are no monsters around to kill them, so I'm doubting if it was stolen / killed. Just curious if anyone knows, until then we'll have to unspawn all the time!
- Keraehl TaKier

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Mounts disappearing if logged off or away
Reply #1
yes you have to unspawn all the time. mounts despawn after some time. don't know the exact time though.
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #2
Hello, just had a general question as a couple friends of mine, as well as myself have noticed that mounts tend to disappear if you logged out without unspawning them. We are not in populated areas and there are no monsters around to kill them, so I'm doubting if it was stolen / killed. Just curious if anyone knows, until then we'll have to unspawn all the time!
it will give you a warning when the Mount will return to nature, im not sure if the timer changed but it used to be around 45m- 1 hour with No interaction i believe they do this to not clutter the server maybe @ubergam3s can explain new mechanics

Reply #3
Thanks for the info, I'll pass it along to my friends who now are 2 mounts less, ha!
- Keraehl TaKier

Reply #4
Thanks for the info, I'll pass it along to my friends who now are 2 mounts less, ha!
Hehe welcome to darkfall, if anything you learned nothing lasts forever here :)

Reply #5
Yeah, while crafting last night I had a mount nearby, but attached.  After what could have been an hour, I got a msg that it was being attacked.  Nothing/no one was attacking it but it's health was down to 75%.  I tried healing it, but the health would HOT up and then drop back down to 75%.  I think that's the first warning you get that the mount has been idle for too long and the server clean up routine starts eating it.
Old Timers Guild
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
I wonder if attached mounts shouldn't act like this or at least increase the timer before it happens

Reply #7
I wonder if attached mounts shouldn't act like this or at least increase the timer before it happens
Yeah i thought this was to attach it to the world atleast until server restart ?

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
no it is meant to make it harder for a thief to hop on it and ride away with it if you are using it to store loot in it.