Skip to main content

Topic: [MAP] Darkfallmap.com - Interactive & Up-to-date (Read 3396 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [MAP] Darkfallmap.com - Interactive & Up-to-date
Reply #15
Dayer

• LRM
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
Dont remember the SDK holdings @Brutal Noodle
LRM

Reply #17
Note: The up-to-date part is a WIP ;)

Hello, hello!
Me and my old friend and DF vet Lillis Slowfoot have started working on an updated version of the old classic Darkfall Map made by Geckzilla.

It can be found at:

http://www.darkfallmap.com/ Is a work in progress and it aims to be an up-to-date version of one of the most popular maps for Darkfall Online. The previous map is still accessible but has some vastly outdated info (notes of village house owners from several years ago to name one example) and with this version I aim to, with the help of our community, keep it up to date and a nice go-to resource when you're out of the game.

I'm well aware of Ub3rs work on making the in-game map so nice that eventually these online maps will be pretty much obsolete. However, for me personally I would still utilize a map that is available on the web even when the in-game one is great and since there may be people that are the same as me when it comes to this I figured I'd make it public rather than keep it to myself.

The upside of going public is that if someone wants to they can help out by posting in this thread if something is wrong or if they have found something that hasn't been added to the map but exists in the game world.

There is a lot of things that I'd like to do such as:
Correct GPH (Gold Per Hour) for all villages
Adding icons for the trade routes
Sea Tower icons
Correct mob data. This is the hardest thing since a lot of mob spawns have incorrect numbers but Ub3r has hinted at the in-game map getting this information soon which would mean that it's just a matter of punching in all the info on the website too. I do not look forward to that :P
Better notes all around for mobs and poi's.
Adding more mob info to most mobs such as known weaknesses and resists.
Some flavor stuff like giving selentine, leenspar etc chests their own icon.
Adding info about which clan owns which holding when hovering over cities and hamlets.

If you have any other suggestions on what you'd like to see added to the map then please post in the thread!
Note: Please use the coordinate system at the top right of the map when posting about something, thanks! 

Making this map double as a political map would be really sweet so for that I'll try and contact leaders for a start but if anyone knows some owners already of various holdings feel free to post that too! This is not a huge priority until the game goes live and by then it might already exist in-game which would make it easy to keep updated :)
Nice job man thx
SG: Breath of Death
Death is not the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Ie13cuzes

Reply #18
@naturezz Thanks, that's a lot of holdings! Just pushed the update. Should be visible soon or instantly if you clear your cache :)

Reply #19
7th February Changelog

* Villages
- Fixed typo for the Quarendel village

* Holdings
- Additional updates on current city & hamlet owners

* Mobs
Added missing spawns / removed faulty spawns for the following mobs:
- Achrid/Blood Achrid
- Air Elemental
- Akathar

Reply #20
Nice work! Kudos to Ninogan and team

Reply #21
Ninogan now that DND has double or triple mobs spawns do you want to know the numbers of mobs spawning at each site?  I,.e the map currently says 4 but its now 8?

Reply #22
Orthok hamlet is Black Ork Assassins.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #23
Ninogan now that DND has double or triple mobs spawns do you want to know the numbers of mobs spawning at each site?  I,.e the map currently says 4 but its now 8?

Yeah, the number of mobs at spawns is now outdated across the board but ub3r has hinted at this information possibly being available in the coming patch so for now I'm holding off with updating that and if they add it I'll update it all in one go, kind of.

Reply #24

Yeah, the number of mobs at spawns is now outdated across the board but ub3r has hinted at this information possibly being available in the coming patch so for now I'm holding off with updating that and if they add it I'll update it all in one go, kind of.

Great!

Reply #25
Crystal Coast was simiran last time i visited a while ago. Doubt that anything has changed... anyone can confirm?
Dunnin Dainstaff - Lux Arcana

Reply #26
@Ninogan thanks for doing this. We got burned twice now with this type of project.  Could you please put the entire src code on github including the map data dump as you update?  This way it will be a true open community ]project and if you guys ever decide to quit then someone can continue. 

Reply #27
@Ninogan thanks for doing this. We got burned twice now with this type of project.  Could you please put the entire src code on github including the map data dump as you update?  This way it will be a true open community ]project and if you guys ever decide to quit then someone can continue. 

What we work with is what was available at geckzillas site (the xml's) and can be accessed at anytime by visiting the xml's like so: www.darkfallmap.com/mobs.xml

We don't have the source code and since either of us don't work with flash we haven't started reverse engineering that stuff yet but once the map is updated and we wanna add new features etc we'll have to get working on that.

Reply #28
If it helps, here the files i used for darkfalltv.com: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By5jCxX3J8iLSzBmcHc4ODFRcFU?usp=sharing
Reverse engineering the flash part is almost impossible and you would most likely have to rewrite it from scratch.
However wish you all the best for this project :)

Reply #29
Tughri - Rastalfarians
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.