Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Population spread and server location factors (Read 33635 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Discussion: Population spread and server location factors
Reply #570
I see what you did there.

Reply #571
@Ub3rgames so is it EU or NA?

They not gonna tell as they want the money from customers that dont really want their end product, due to location. Setting themselves up for chargebacks

• Guy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #572
We can already tell where the server will be and it is all bad news   :(  

If the release is in next few months then server will be in France.  The reason is simple.  It is a lot of work to migrate the application to a new infrastructure (I doubt Darkfall has been dockerized) .  A lot of fine tuning and testing needed specially around performance and latency.  There is not enough time for this.

If the release is so far off that dev are not thinking about final location than it could be in NY.  That means release won't be on 2017.

I am not a fanboy so here is how I see it.

@Ub3rgames is not being sincere to their customers. They even admitted they dragged this thing for too long.  I don't buy this whole "market share" will determine the destiny. 

There will be huge disappointment either way if it is on EU or on NA.  We know there are players who will simply not play if DF is not in their region.  So Why not get this over with early on?  Have the whole community on board on the finalized location.  What exactly do you gain (actually risk a lot negative PR) by keeping such a disruptive decision towards the end?

How many times do you people need to be told? Ub3rgames are the ones with the data on who and how many are playing and from where. Your job as a tester is to give input and feedback, and pretty much everything has been said already. You people literally make the same baboonish mistakes over and over and over again, it's like talking to walls, and y'all wonder why DF had failed like 4 times now or w/e the count is. Either play... or don't, simple as that at this point. Nobody cares how important you nerds think you are because you played on an empty server far longer than you should have. This isn't Me-fall, not Your-fall, this isn't Burger King, you can't have it your way so get to the back of the line noob.

The only thing you can do, and what y'all should have been doing all along is not give everyone around you a reason to stop playing. Nothing is going to change someone's mind about Darkfall more than having a bad social experience, because studies have shown that MMOs are really just another form of social networks. This isn't 1997, people have a zillion choices of games, and y'all didn't exact give them a reason why Darkfall is more appealing than those other choices.

Reply #573
Final decision about where the servers are gonna be located should have been made clear months ago already

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #574
As much as i want to know their decision.
It really shouldnt matter.

1. Its going to be the only darkfall you can play in about a month or two
2. There's been massive work in making the client more response, making playstyles less ping based possible.
3. The entire point of this iteration is to move away from having PvP as the only reason to play the game.
Your ping doesnt matter for trading, crafting, PvE, politics, ect...ect..
If the game doesnt offer this, with enough of a focus on them to fill your time, its going to fail anyway. Doesnt matter if its Eu or Na server.

Having said that, they should announce and set up their server so launch doesnt get fucked.
It also helps players get used to what its going to remain like, which is good because swapping from 40 ping to 140 (or vice versa) fucks you up a lot for a few weeks.

Reply #575
As much as i want to know their decision.
It really shouldnt matter.

1. Its going to be the only darkfall you can play in about a month or two
2. There's been massive work in making the client more response, making playstyles less ping based possible.
3. The entire point of this iteration is to move away from having PvP as the only reason to play the game.
Your ping doesnt matter for trading, crafting, PvE, politics, ect...ect..
If the game doesnt offer this, with enough of a focus on them to fill your time, its going to fail anyway. Doesnt matter if its Eu or Na server.

Having said that, they should announce and set up their server so launch doesnt get fucked.
It also helps players get used to what its going to remain like, which is good because swapping from 40 ping to 140 (or vice versa) fucks you up a lot for a few weeks.
QFT
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #576
Final decision about where the servers are gonna be located should have been made clear months ago already

@Sup Dude Why
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #577
@Ub3rgames so is it EU or NA?

They not gonna tell as they want the money from customers that dont really want their end product, due to location. Setting themselves up for chargebacks

What kind of piece of shit would charge back because they went from 30 to 115 ping (which conversely allowed thousands of players to go from 170-400 down to a playable 100-240?)

I'm glad you're not in charge

Reply #578
obviously, it will be in NYC.

thanks everyone for participating.

Reply #579
shure they did

Reply #580
obviously, it will be in NYC.

thanks everyone for participating.

It's EU, they confirmed it on Discord!

they already know, theres no chance for this game being on EU..

it will be in NYC, boy. Dont fight against that.

Reply #581
Our guys are all NA and they are happy with an EU server. Honestly the game vision is likely to cater more to an EU than an NA crowd. We'll play wherever it is.

Reply #582
Our guys are all NA and they are happy with an EU server. Honestly the game vision is likely to cater more to an EU than an NA crowd. We'll play wherever it is.

For many of us its not about us its just looking at the numbers, the west coast of the US has got to be one of the wealthiest and gamiest regions of the world and not putting that over the far less so E EU and Russia, even though far more generally populated, makes no sense when discussing a subscription game.

Reply #583

For many of us its not about us its just looking at the numbers, the west coast of the US has got to be one of the wealthiest and gamiest regions of the world and not putting that over the far less so E EU and Russia, even though far more generally populated, makes no sense when discussing a subscription game.

I think East Coast has more gamers than West, tbh.
As a rule of thumb, the more cornfields a state has, the more gamers per capita.

Reply #584
Honestly the game vision is likely to cater more to an EU than an NA crowd.
I keep hearing this.  Can someone elaborate for me?