Skip to main content

Topic: Hello world thread. Come and say hi! (Read 4272 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Hello world thread. Come and say hi!
Reply #15
Hey all, looking forward to playing DnD when it is finally out.  I've played a lot of MMOs of various types and Darkfall was by far the best one to date, as most of us will probably agree (tried hard to get into UO, but it just didn't keep my attention from starting it too late probably.)

I remember the first moment I played DF, made a human and was just roaming around the starting area, saw a mount just chilling on the side of a road by a bush with its probable owner just a bit farther away.  Too excited for the prospect of my first devilish act, I ran, hopped up on the mount and took off thinking I was the best villain in the game for about that minute endeavor.  Banked the mount and pretty sure I was ganked by someone shortly after that lol, but had a blast and was already more fun than anything else I played.  I think I was on some sort of trial at the time of doing this or just a quick subscription to test it out.

I started seriously playing when I told my wife how much fun it was and we both made Alfars and joined up with a noob guild called GOLD, then later partnered/allianced up with a military gamers clan.  Did quite a few kraken runs with them, little bit of ship skirmishing with the Junk and eventually had acquired a town somewhere in the north with some help of another clan, built my first ships and was quite happy.  I stopped playing due to military obligations and then saw the game go to UW and things were just never the same.

So glad this will be back out and will love it.  Hoping all changes just make it that much greater, but even if I don't like a few here or there it will still kick more ass than just about any other game out there right now.  I'll probably spend more time this go around crafting, doing more naval combat, and probably focus on archery for my main combat style. 
  • Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 09:38:35 am by Moriens

• Nat
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #16
Hello everyone. I'm Nat. Some of you may know me from the last year of the game on NA, but I'm probably known just as a forum warrior. I love Darkfall and no game has ever come close to giving me that feeling of accomplishment and thrill that Darkfall did. I'm so glad to see such a huge interest in bringing it back because Darkfall is a game that deserves a second chance because it's unique and fills a niche most people don't even know about but would love it if given a taste.

Hopefully I'll see you guys on the battlefield in whatever version that makes it!

Reply #17
Hi.
My name in DFO was.
Eagleglow Stuberbs.   
Ghost mouse.
Captain Cornflake.
Thor Northheart.
I played in Nadirian Hordes, A few good men.

Started playing in the end of 2009 and all the way to the game got shut down.
I love all of darkfall.
But what was the most appealing to me in darkfall was pve and character progression, most fun i ever had in a game, did not have a counter but i think that i spend about 5k hrs in DFO.

Darkfall was my secound mmo (Archlord was my first) and after it got shut down i started to try other mmorpgs and still to this day i have not found one mmo that have got me hooked and im up to 200+ mmorpgs to day.

Im watching both RoA and DnD but i will play RoA first because of my friends will go there but i will play DnD when it gets some meat on its legs, maybe 1 year after release.

I hope both projekts get successful we need new freesh blood on the mmorpg market, the eara of WoW clones need to stop.
Eagleglow Stuberbs, The Farmer, Badass PVE skills, useless PvP skills

Reply #18
You wish you didn't know me!

Reply #19
😎

Reply #20
Just so you know im the alpha male around here. Just trying to clear up any confusion.

Reply #21
Hello Darkfall New Dawn developers and community.

I first heard of Darkfall about a year before its actual release during the great 'is it vaporware ?' wars on MMO forums.  I was getting tired of Theme park MMO's, so I decided to join the F5 wars to buy a copy upon release, which I manged to do during one of the waves when the store opened. 

As you can tell by my name, I was a wolf, and it was the description about the four legged run mode which made me choose the wolf race, but the feature was never put in.  My computer wasn't that good for the game, and my connection was a 2mb DSL; so I was pretty much a juicy loot player mob most of the time. 

• Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 04:42:29 pm by Dead Wolf Walking

Reply #22
Well, it seems like I may have to postpone my gaming retirement after all.
d3ron|βaxter

Reply #23
Well, it seems like I may have to postpone my gaming retirement after all.
Story of my life.

Reply #24
Hi!

I waited for Darkfall to be released for three, almost four years. I was lucky enough to get beta access and I had a blast playing with Orks  R Us. But private reasons affected the amount of time I had pretty much in that very moment the game was released. So I only played a few months on and off during the games lifetime. 

Because of the limited amount of time to play I always hoped for some miracle patches to make the game more casual and solo friendly, not in the meaning of watering it down but allowing me to have a meaningful impact in a world with more casual friendly specializations and activities as fishing, farming, cooking etc.
A little dream I had during that time was that a whole lot of Mortal Onlines mechanics meets Spenefett. But there weren't patches that adressed the issues I had with the game and until the end everybody did everything.  So it wasn't that hard for me to leave the pvp arena that darkfall had become "forever".

Still, even with all the flaws the first iteration of darkfall spoiled me for every other game I played since that time. Without a doubt the best memories of all my gaming experience are from playing darkfall.

Fast forward. Things settled for me and I had more time to spend just arround UW's release I played it alot, but for me it was an overall weaker darkfall, the core issues I had with DFO weren't fixed and the world felt small, strange and not unique anymore.  So I left.

Now, almost ten years after I began my waiting for a niche game called Darkfall Online I'm waiting. I'm waiting to live and die in Agon again!

Thanks for your attention.

PS: bank often

Reply #25
Heya Folks! Been Watching This and Age of Agon and really hope for the best for both projects :)

Oh General Background .... Right,
I got into Darkfall with videos like this .... hook, line and sinker ... I bought into the player hype only to well .... get badly burned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4SDfHeM0_g

I spent about two - three years playing DFO? (Barely remember how long I played for now but most of the stuff I kinda have repressed due to how much in game drama I got myself into >_< )

I wound up quitting because I felt the game was effectively unpolished, and the general community was so toxic and discouraging that it pretty much affected my will to play and, sometimes I felt I was about as Toxic as them when it came down to it.

DFO was effectively my first ever MMORPG and for better or worse it still is, even the grimy parts I remember seem a bit brighter when I remembered those moments when the game "comes together".

Again wish the best of luck!
  • Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:30:07 pm by A Fire Marshall

Reply #26
Hi there, Kaputtmachaa here.

Creator of the once famous Tasos Signatures and horribly bad participant of pvp tournaments.

For the sake of nostalgica with the slight hope of seeing improvements to the original game, I am following DF:ND.

See you on Agon, maybe.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
Hi there, Kaputtmachaa here.

Creator of the once famous Tasos Signatures and horribly bad participant of pvp tournaments.

For the sake of nostalgica with the slight hope of seeing improvements to the original game, I am following DF:ND.

See you on Agon, maybe.

Ehi Kaputt, believe u didn't want to play a DF iteration again, but welcome aboard. :)
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #28
Agent Psychosis from Covert Operations.

I started playing on Darkfall release, loved the game until the exploited hero characters started to appear. First 3 months with the Hyperion wars was the best fun I have had in a video game. Sadly the grind and macro requirements just killed me. I played on and off throughout the years, but AV just completely missed the potential of the game.

I really hope you guys can succeed where they failed!

Reply #29
Hi,

Kozzion Mozz here, I'm a 08er and played DF since launch on EU.
Fulltime trader as HappyTraders Inc was my founded clan.
Never really into PVP as I didnt wanted to participate in macroing, bloodwalling afk swimming etc... .
This is why this ND interest me, they hopefully gonna add a lot of sand!

The thing with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln