Skip to main content

Topic: Hello world thread. Come and say hi! (Read 4271 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello world thread. Come and say hi!
Greetings all.
You may introduce yourself in this thread as you join the forums and share a bit on how you came to Darkfall Online.
Perhaps you'll meet old acquaintances or enemies in New Dawn.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Re: Hello world thread. Come and say hi!
Reply #1
Hello i am Dragonx. Leader of BEEFCAKES!!!
I love pvp mmos since 1995 Lord of the Red Dragon BBS.
I ve been following playing DFO since its Beta and 9 months of its release and lurking their forums ever since.
We will be playing New Dawn exclusively and will want casual players to join us and have fun.

Reply #2
Here in my garage... just bought this new Lamborgini here...
  • Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 05:56:14 pm by Bloodymurderer

Reply #3
I've sat in the background since EU transfers to NA as Merenan Skydew, it's funny recognising so many names I've come across but have such a generated name never rings a bell haha! most knew me as zunder zolots' cousin.

are there many aussies out there waiting for the release of this bad boy?

Reply #4
Hello,

in 2005 i have heared the first time about Darkfall as a Game. It was the time when i started to study industrial engineering. My homie who studied with me, brought me to Darkfall (we played Ultima Online together and EvE Online).

I was not much hyped about the game.. but after 2-3 weeks till more i have read about it and about the devs (Claus, Henning, Ricki etc.) i was convinced that this vision could be revolutionize the MMORPG-Market (after Ultima Online, Everquest EvE online wasnt much arround).

So we started later in 2006 our fanpage in german language (www.darkfallonline.eu). Very fast, we had an enormous income on REAL! MMORPG-Players, who came from all games who were out there in this time.

The highest peak on active forumaccounts were arround ~8000. Anything what happened arround Darkfall in german language happened on our page and forum (http://www.darkfallonline.eu/forum/). With DF UW we closed the old forum (Darkfall 1.0 forum (only readable) and made a new for UW and players had to register again).

The project was formed as a Darkfall-Community Project. All Admins/Mods played in different Clans and Races. (Admins/Mods came from Bewahrer der Welten, SUN, Dreadlords, Gesandte der Einherjar, Gilde Gothic, Sociatas Demonica, and later Pandora etc.)

We were invited by AV to play the game before Beta Times, got keys for the Betakeys ofc. Aventurine had announced an open sell-button with 20%cash-benefits when players bought the game over the buttons. We had a button-cycle (every part of our team had its own linked tho his game account, when 3-4 new players bought the client the played for free ö.Ö-or the money went to our paypal account) all in all over 2000 players (my specific link) bought the game through the link!!

We were the first on the server when it was released (i had the 3rd oldest character .. it took so long to create the right face for my alfar :P)

yea ... and then ... thanks to Audiovisual S.A for that release-fiasco/crash/impact/what ever....

anyway...

We started in Dreadlords as pure-pk-Clan - later we were invited to the SUN-Alliance and took Anjir (Island Hamlet northwest of Cairn) as Mainbase.
Later, we took Gulghat from the Hyperion Mega Alliance (alot of RPG Players left the game in these game because they saw that Aventurine wont go the way the need to fill the server(we warned them to go this way, i had alot of conversations with the razorwax guys.. but they said its not their decision: tasos,zad,spyros were the executives)...

next impact was to open everything and with a less and less population to start a 2nd server.. end of the story on the EU server we didnt saw more than 2000-3000thousand in all the following years.

it was ok to play...but so much content, possiblities we missed. It wasnt the game what hyped us. On the end 2012 just 400actives played on EU maybe 800 on NA. 

learn from the past!
keep the eyes wide open

Edit :  "..Hi"- with sharpened daggers and a big big smile :P
  • Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:28:53 am by Godking Melek
Come at me!!
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005

- Ub3rgames "We never saw RoA as competition."

Reply #5
Played Darkfall Online for 6 months at beginning of 2010, 20 hours a day 24/7.
Mostly I ganked afk swimmers around elf lands.
Wish I'd known about the game at release.
  • Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:34:03 pm by AngryAngryAngry
Bringing VISUALS to the forums.
Ktorr: "When Darkfall New Dawn servers launch, I am expecting a massive server load that crashes half the internet."

• Cam
  • [*]
Reply #6
Hello everyone! I'm back from the dead because I heard Darkfall is coming back not once, but twice! I'm really excited to see how this will go. happy to be here for the adventure.

Reply #7
Best game ever coming back for a 2nd round. Hell yes!

Reply #8
Everyone knows me already.  There's really no getting rid of me.

Reply #9
Looking forward to seeing how this game progresses!
Lux

Reply #10
Looking forward to seeing how this game progresses!

Hulk hogan says hi from the grave :)

Reply #11
I am Avent Urine and when you combine it you get Aventurine.
INSERT MEANINGLESS BATTLE HERE!

Reply #12
I am Bradtide.  I will argue with anyone.  Im very anti localized banking. Nice to meat you all

• Juice
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #13
Im the best cant way to lay these hands upon you kids

Reply #14
I hate you all for making me Hyped again for this game ...............

Memories............................. LOOK its a Chaos chest.......................... I will get Large Treasure Map............................................ 2 Gold  :'(