Skip to main content

Topic: A guide to an easier Darkfall existence! (Read 2090 times) previous topic - next topic

• Guy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
A guide to an easier Darkfall existence!
Greetings  8) ,

I would like to share some of the resources I have garnered through my Darkfall New Dawn travels, along with the help of the interweb. I also encourage others to share their arcane secrets so that new players feel more welcome when entering Agon. Please keep all posts related to the subject matter.

External DF resources:

Interactive Darkfall Map & Loot Table - (http://darkfallmap.com/) A great tool which will make your life much easier.

Darkfall Wiki - (http://darkfallinfo.wikifoundry.com/) Here you can find most basic information on Darkfall ranging from housing, chaos chests, lore, and how to siege an enemy holding. Keep in mind that this information is outdated and might not be entirely accurate due to Darkfall New Dawn patches and so forth. Nonetheless it is a great resource and can be trusted for the most part.

These are the basic resources that I use and find essential when playing Darkfall, I hope they help others as well. Lastly I would like to add my own personal guide that I have been working on although it is incomplete, there seems to be no information on it elsewhere.

Elf Guy's Village Yield guide:

When capturing a village VCP(Village Control Point) you will need either a Siege Hammer(Crafted with 75+ weaponsmithing) or Battlespikes(Crafted with 25+ alchemy). To take a village you must be in a clan. When you take a village, the system will announce to the server that you(and which clan you belong to) have done so, which makes it dangerous but very rewarding if you escape. At the point of capture there is a chance that you will get up to 4 rare ore, but only 2 of any specific type: i.e 2 Selentine ore and 2 Neithal ore. A village(VCP) can be captured every 12 hours, and whichever player/clan owns that village will get a sum of gold once every hour for those 12 hours. The numbers stated below represent how much gold a village gives out to both a player and the clan's vault for each of those 12 hours. For example: Player(Billy Bob) of Clan(XYZ) takes Aldenfau, each hour Billy Bob will get 450 gold directly deposited to his backpack and 450 gold deposited to Clan XYZ's vault for a total of 10,800 gold over the course of those 12 hours.

Aldenfau - 450(2)
Anshar - 200(2)
Baslan's Escape - 100(2)
Bjonlmir - 500(2)
Blackwood - 300(2)
Caxul - 200(2)
Chillbourne - 500(2)
Darkmouth - 250(2)
Duke's Landing - 300(2)
Ehetil - 400(2)
Elish - 300(2)
Eltaria - 200(2)
Eyrkla's Shadow - 400(2)
Geodin's Song - 300(2)
Gul Jarnath - 450(2)
Gunseran - 400(2)
Harjik - 350(2)
Huelhucan - 250(2)
Hundvin - 150(2)
Jamukar's Fall - 200(2)
Khalbun - 250(2)
Kuldnak - 250(2)
Lainstone - 350(2)
Lake Garnadar - 400(2)
Orthok - 500(2)
Osdnak - 500(2)
Outer Cranwyn Bay -150(2)
Owayhan - 450(2)
Quica - 500(2)
Rhodenar - 500(2)
Snowfort - 500(2)
Three Pirates - 150(2)
Trinwood - 450(2)
Vokrah - 500(2)
Water Gem - 250(2)
Xirdak - 350(2)

I understand that this is NOT a COMPLETE list of villages and I will be finishing and revising the information at some point before the official launch. It is however all accurate and checked by me personally in-game.

• Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:34:21 pm by Guy

Re: A guide to an easier Darkfall existence!
Reply #1
Very kind of you to share the list of village gold with others. Nice guide.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Ehetil is 400 not 200 btw. This list and the whole set amount for each village is stupid. It should be a random capture amount ranging from 100-550 per hour just as random as the rare ores are for capturing. This would at least make Hundvin and Bastan's Escape worth capturing

• Guy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Ahh good catch, thanks. I input the data wrong there hehe =). Yeah the village system needs work...

• L4Mf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
You should mention the newly added PowerHour  ;)

Also @Ub3rgames can we get this thread pinned? It's got some good resources  :D
Kjaetlan Bjornsen of Uprising

• Guy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
You should mention the newly added PowerHour  ;)

Also @Ub3rgames can we get this thread pinned? It's got some good resources  :D

I have not done villages since the village patch and I'm not sure how accurate the information is anymore, and I'm sure Ub3r will continue updating the game to make it less so.

Ub3r does plan to host their own wiki though, which will have all the information one could need.

Reply #6
Nice guide! This will be a good InDev guide as things currently shift and change during beta. Very handy for the new player to at least get a good idea on things.

Reply #7

Villages give 3000 meditation points to everyone involved capturing and 3500 to the last hitter.
Only source of meditation on the islands.
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

Reply #8
Only source of meditation on the islands.
And keys.

Reply #9
Anyone involved that wasn't in the wining clan also gets 1000 mp.
And the thread is now uptop. ;)
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #10
worthless thread tbh
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

• Guy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Well since it's been revived I'll finish it and add more information.

Fitteslim, this isn't the PvP section, move along.
  • Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:34:16 pm by Guy