Skip to main content

Topic: Population IS RISING UP! (Read 3031 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Population IS RISING UP!
Reply #45
7 straight uncontested mid map villages last night NA time... :(

Maybe a one time thing except we ended up naked running and alt to aldendau after we noticed it was live for 40 minutes tonight at 8pm EST.

I'm all for this game succeeding, just wanted to share my recent experience.

What is stopping people from going to villages lately?

Number of players left or stop playing didn't get replaced by fresh blood in equal numbers.

Reply #46
7 straight uncontested mid map villages last night NA time... :(

Maybe a one time thing except we ended up naked running and alt to aldendau after we noticed it was live for 40 minutes tonight at 8pm EST.

I'm all for this game succeeding, just wanted to share my recent experience.

What is stopping people from going to villages lately?
Honestly, I've come to usually forget to even check if villages nearby will go live.  I only play 3-4 hours on a good night, which means that 85% of the time, the villages will be worthless to me.  So I've fallen out of the habit of even bothering to check.

Very much looking forward to some PvP incentives that are better-executed.

Reply #47
WTB non-timer based content
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #48

just add real casual content for this sandbox for everyone to enjoy like
Real house fertile ground gardens, cairn desparately needs potatoes and onions and carrots grown.
Real livestock rising via barn or livestock pen type add on.
animal Taming, dont be afraid devs to let players have animal taming title so we can tame brown bears to fight for us.
all these features added will add at least 100,000 subs.

Devs spending next 2 years adding more magic spells related to pvp so magefall can happen again and or waste time balancing pvp will onyl net them less or more -/+2,000 players. Learn from Darkfalls multiple histories.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

• Khor
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #49
This is good news.
Not really news. I'd say fake news. Game's in stagnation. Around 100 same people paying. Maybe a little bit more. It's really bad.

Being miserable about anything never helps.

You're not from Hull by any chance ?

Reply #50

Real house fertile ground gardens, cairn desparately needs potatoes and onions and carrots grown.
animal Taming, dont be afraid devs to let players have animal taming title so we can tame brown bears to fight for us.

Devs spending next 2 years adding more magic spells related to pvp so magefall can happen again and or waste time balancing pvp will onyl net them less or more -/+2,000 players. Learn from Darkfalls multiple histories.

What a shit idea.

Also if you're lucky, in 2 years time you will still have 100 players, it will probably be worse than that though.

+2k people haha

Reply #51

What a shit idea.

Also if you're lucky, in 2 years time you will still have 100 players, it will probably be worse than that though.

+2k people haha

you have zero clue.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #52
there was also usable and amazing unholy flames,inferno,virtous wrath. But they kill magic and now they cry "air r100 is too op" lol,unhoy flames was same good in dfo.
and water debuffs was usable.

Reply #53
just wipe the game in 6 months and launch with the features you actually promised during inDev.

If you really want population, convert the client to run through Steam and bite the 30% sales cut. Thousands of people will play any cheap PvP MMO (look at Bless 30k in the first week concurrently, Darkfall would kill for those numbers). Convert subscription to some kind of "premium" with faster skill gains, faster title gain, and the ability to own a house/town/hamlet.

Frankly, this launch was a scam. I don't know how to put it any better than that. If you didn't follow inDev and the forums constantly leading up to release you'd have thought this version was in a way different state.

Reply #54
just wipe the game in 6 months and launch with the features you actually promised during inDev.

If you really want population, convert the client to run through Steam and bite the 30% sales cut. Thousands of people will play any cheap PvP MMO (look at Bless 30k in the first week concurrently, Darkfall would kill for those numbers). Convert subscription to some kind of "premium" with faster skill gains, faster title gain, and the ability to own a house/town/hamlet.

Frankly, this launch was a scam. I don't know how to put it any better than that. If you didn't follow inDev and the forums constantly leading up to release you'd have thought this version was in a way different state.

I think the mechanics of this are more complicated than people think, this game cant handle 30k concurrent no one would get anything done because non stop conflict, so they would need more servers, but we all know those numbers drop fast after launch and those extra servers cost money but people playing for free generate none.

Every time ive seen a hard core MMO steam launch its always been a mess, the steam crowd are game locusts who eat content and move on where this is a game that appeals to more long term type play plus steam adds lag, so those the steam charts drop fast from both people quitting and closing steam while playing and in the end little is gained. and the game ends up just looking dead with a bunch of bad reviews from the carebears.

Reply #55

I think the mechanics of this are more complicated than people think, this game cant handle 30k concurrent no one would get anything done because non stop conflict, so they would need more servers, but we all know those numbers drop fast after launch and those extra servers cost money but people playing for free generate none.

Every time ive seen a hard core MMO steam launch its always been a mess, the steam crowd are game locusts who eat content and move on where this is a game that appeals to more long term type play plus steam adds lag, so those the steam charts drop fast from both people quitting and closing steam while playing and in the end little is gained. and the game ends up just looking dead with a bunch of bad reviews from the carebears.

During DFUW steam launch it was less than 1000. We will never see anything close to 30k.

See it  here http://steamcharts.com/app/227400

Reply #56

During DFUW steam launch it was less than 1000. We will never see anything close to 30k.

See it  here http://steamcharts.com/app/227400

Oh yeah I remember and Jet Boom griefed many of those out of the game the day they started.

Reply #57
I think the steam ecosystem is way different now compared to when DFUW released (keep in mind that was 5+ years ago). The way steam curates and promotes its games under particular tags makes it a lot easier now to find a new title in a given area you're interested in (and I'm telling you lots of people hunt those MMORPG etc. tags for new shit) and stuff like steamcharts makes it a lot easier for a game to ride the wave of popularity (people will scroll down steamcharts top 100 looking for new shit to play).

Tale of Toast is a shit free full loot PvP mmo on steam with no real mechanics, was broken on launch with a 100~ player server cap, and yet still has a 150-200 player community with 800~ player peak (and that peak was when the servers were borked, imagine if they worked good enough to handle 1000 players).

https://store.steampowered.com/app/640150/Tale_of_Toast/

If Tale of Toast can do better than New Dawn by being on Steam, than how could ND lose?

You think if this version of the game as it is right now had reviews they wouldn't be negative? Being on steam with negative reviews "would make the game look dead" compared to what? A website nobody knows exists and a forum 60% filled with people who just want to laugh at the other 40%? That's not "looking dead" to you?
  • Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:12:53 pm by MyspaceForever

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #58
Putting game on steam would result in similar to marketing the game in current state - waste of money.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #59
I see a lot forum activity, especialy in suggestion. Also, we have many new players in Rus discord chanel. Its need some time to saw more ppl in game, just wait a bit.  And Mantra every f#ucking day link in discord pvp video, what he record.

Also, last changes was wonderfull and as i think @Ub3rgames got a lot of trust from ppl. Ppl saw, what game move in right direction and will be brillliant in future.
I see a lot of love to DarkFall from former players, what make Ub3rgames. That love i see in changes, what they do in game. You know, some days ago i translated all changes on russian and it was about 8 pages in Word!

I know, some whinners will come and they will say what game is dead, but just ignore they. And i say to them - backoff! If you love this game, why you writing on forum (what see ppl who come to play) what game will dead? What world is empty? Its not good to server, you very doing bad job. As for me - I bought two accounts and think about tihrd. And spend a lot of time in Darkfall, what show how i trust in future of DarkFall.

The only thing that excites me - thats developers dont get money for their great work from players. I respect decision not to pay a subscription fee for some time. I think, that good decision to not lost playerbase before they make more content. But i would think about some service, what can give money to developers before they turn on subscription fee back.
It can be race change for money (like 20-30$) or namechange for big money (100-150$?). I know, namechange is not good - but this can support a game and not will affect on game balance. As player i support this.

Thx, @Ub3rgames for great games! I trust you and belive in futre of DarkFall.

wbr, Dolly Monk

PaperDolly is back :)