Skip to main content

Topic: Opinions on fast travel after playing. (Read 8615 times) previous topic - next topic

Opinions on fast travel after playing.
I just spent an hour traveling to yssam, now an hour traveling back to our city.

Best running simulator yet.
  • Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:50:33 pm by Blackmeat Bonekiller

Re: Opinions on fast travel after playing.
Reply #1
I think DayZ wins on that point.

Reply #2
Yea, no idea why they decided to remove return to city on death.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #3
This is a valid point.

Reply #4
You never played Mortal Online, I see. Would like to see some unsafe afk travelling mechanic though.

Reply #5
economy is the answer - and zerg limitations by logistics.. but yea..what should i say .. you'll get the answer over time (maybe).
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #6
You never played Mortal Online, I see. Would like to see some unsafe afk travelling mechanic though.

roads that you auto run on would be nice.

Reply #7
economy is the answer - and zerg limitations by logistics.. but yea..what should i say .. you'll get the answer over time (maybe).

How would it benefit the economy ? what is the vision behind this ?

There's not going to be much of an economy if a lot of people leave because of this. Its a chore to travel long distance and it needs to be made easier, there's a reason why 90% of games include fast travel and why both original games did.

Reply #8

There's not going to be much of an economy if a lot of people leave because of this. Its a chore to travel long distance and it needs to be made easier, there's a reason why 90% of games include fast travel and why both original games did.

Oh boy. You are about to get hounded. Batten down the hatches and prepare for impact.

ND fanboys are incapable of seeing the game past their immediate vicinity and crafting window. They're the type of people that actually enjoy killing the EXACT same mob for HOURS, and the type of people that enjoy activities like: Hiking across agon to fill a market with cloth armour for that awesome 500 gold profit. You'll be able to spot them rather quickly.

Ub3r has had nothing but an echochamber of the same minority of players steer the game for the past year of beta, and it's a bit worrisome, especially since they show competency when it comes to actually making things in game.

Mind you I think local banking can work, but this iteration is a bit extreme.

• Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 12:45:32 am by Seronys

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #9

if people are able to teleport fast (instant) from city to city - there cant grow an economy. economy in the wide is stable when there are on different areas different prices.. aka price caps. these caps motivate people (in combination with other benefits) to make these travels.

What exactly will happen when areas known as a populated areas where people are constantly drive/ride by?

What does an instant teleport means ? right, you gimp yourself on pvp. because you take a flyby ticket.. so does the other people, too. This means people dont cross each other.. and no pvp will happen.. exept in some minor areas and some limited spawns.

but it seems, you know it better  ;)  :D
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #10

if people are able to teleport fast (instant) from city to city - there cant grow an economy. economy in the wide is stable when there are on different areas different prices.. aka price caps. these caps motivate people (in combination with other benefits) to make these travels.

What exactly will happen when areas known as a populated areas where people are constantly drive/ride by?

What does an instant teleport means ? right, you gimp yourself on pvp. because you take a flyby ticket.. so does the other people, too. This means people dont cross each other.. and no pvp will happen.. exept in some minor areas and some limited spawns.

LMFAO. Stopped reading after: "if people are able to teleport fast (instant) from city to city - there cant grow an economy."

Being able to instantly access markets doesn't mean your economy can't grow genius, it means quite the opposite actually. Why do you think Auction Houses are a thing in this iteration?

• Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 12:57:18 am by Seronys

Reply #11
"if you have nothing to say exept negative things - just try to be silent" - Dalai Lama 1933

Reply #12
"if you have nothing to say exept negative things - just try to be silent" - Dalai Lama 1933

Sounds like the precursor to Hitler's rise to power.

Obeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey.

Reply #13

Here's the thing, you're basing this on the real world too much, this is a game. There is no way im spending two hours to make a trade, thats insanity. You can't even recall for god sake.

And to say that instant travel means you cant grow an economy is ridiculous.

Reply #14

Here's the thing, you're basing this on the real world too much, this is a game. There is no way im spending two hours to make a trade, thats insanity. You can't even recall for god sake.

And to say that instant travel means you cant grow an economy is ridiculous.

Honestly the whole locality/regionalization rationality is based around attempting to limit elite players from controlling the flow of the game and give less skilled/qualified players the illusion of being useful while the elite players just dominate whichever region they locate in until someone gets bored and quits.

The game is based around territory/conquest/pvp but people here are under the delusion that if they add in local banking that will change. It's sad really.

• Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 01:10:52 am by Seronys