Skip to main content

Recent Posts

General Discussion / Re: SHIELD DISCUSSION
Last post by gosti -
Timed parry with 2h isn't as viable as with 1handers because:
- less dmg reduction with perfect block
- slower weapons, meaning can't timed block every 1hander swing and still hit your enemy. You can block every 2hander swing and still hit with 1hander+shield. (we're talking 1h vs 2h here, right?)

I agree 1handers are MUCH worse vs any mage. Actually when i saw 1hander user as a mage i intentionally pushed him very close range so he changed from bow to 1hander trying to land that 1 hit and still failing because of knockups and his weak range/arc.

I also agree fighting 1hander users as a 2hander user sucks big time...

Rock-paper-scissors.
Last post by MKH -
@MKH that's not right. Seeing that we tested it. Having the same gear, same slashing enchant same titles, and you will see near the same damage. Making out 1h does double the damage is just retardedly funny. If Ub3games wasn't fucking useless or bankrupt, that could have added Rings and Necklace back into game by now which would make the shield enchant slot, undesirable! 

I have no plans to log on to this dead game, but I welcome vids showing the same setup where 1h does double damage?????

Have to test again tonight if I get clanies to test with. But numbers were just like that but it could be cause they were using clubs. But then again I doubt it since I didn't have slahinh enchant on my gear. They enchants were piercing encumbrance and slahsing on shield. And damage were what I wrote but as said they were wearing more heavy pieces than me. But anyways in any fight I could not go into melee at all since they hit 10 more per swing.

And gear were shredder with mostly FP some thickleather on them. And q4 slashing enchant.
Last post by Giant -
@MKH that's not right. Seeing that we tested it. Having the same gear, same slashing enchant same titles, and you will see near the same damage. Making out 1h does double the damage is just retardedly funny. 

So with 1h and shield vs 2h, you get timed parry option and 1 more enchantable slot losing reach, right? Dps is the same when trading hits

Arc, range and DPS vs anyone not having shield out. (Even 1h shield get caught with a bow or staff out) Vs Mages 2h is far superior.
You can time parry with a 2h lol HELLLOOOOOOOO have you played this game?????
Last post by sileno80 -
@MKH that's not right. Seeing that we tested it. Having the same gear, same slashing enchant same titles, and you will see near the same damage. Making out 1h does double the damage is just retardedly funny. 

So with 1h and shield vs 2h, you get timed parry option and 1 more enchantable slot loosing reach, right? Dps is the same when trading hits

Last post by Giant -
@MKH that's not right. Seeing that we tested it. Having the same gear, same slashing enchant same titles, and you will see near the same damage. Making out 1h does double the damage is just retardedly funny. If Ub3games wasn't fucking useless or bankrupt, that could have added Rings and Necklace back into game by now which would make the shield enchant slot, undesirable! 

I have no plans to log on to this dead game, but I welcome vids showing the same setup where 1h does double damage?????
Last post by sileno80 -
1h+shield auto-wins against all other melee types, even if you are a mage

reach is irrelevant after reach was changed

either change how shield/resistances/blocking works, or buff 2h dps

Arent you using daggers? If so, isnt trading hits still in your favour against a 1h and shield user? It should be, right? 
Clan Recruitment / Re: THE TAUSIAN DOMINION RETURNS!!!
Last post by Dunnin -
Im looking for a clan but im a alfar is there any of your allies that will accept me
No unfortunately there is not, you'll have to race change to join our clan/alliance
Last post by memes -
I consider myself a true Leftclick Hero, but if I see a guy using a 1h+shield I will not engage in 1v1 with that person until I get him lower on health via archery, as my Greatsword will lose that fight, hard.

You might be able to beat a 1h/shield with a Greataxe if you land the Power Attack, but Greatclubs, Greatswords, and Polearms, are too shit in the ND meta and and can rarely stand on their own without archery to soften up the target first.

Plenty of room for balancing here, and it'd help if the formerly mentioned 2h weapons had a Power Attack worth a damn. Maybe they'll do it in the patch early next week.

Then you simply dont master the dance, why not capitalize on your reach advantage? Its many 2h users that manage to trade hit for hit and a hit for hit trade the 1h lose. If you stand spinning into their hitbox, the 1h stand a chance due to speed.
Nothing to dance if the 1h/shield guy can be almost stationary and attack and block via animation cancelling.

The step-in-step-out only works against people who literally never move and don't know to hold their attacks to improve their sync.

The range difference is not as big as you claim. It's only about 0.25 meters.

Then that is a timed parrying issue and not the passive protections. The reach difference is significant and very noticeable and carried by the arc. The point is with proper movement, the 1h cant utilize the advantage of higer swing speed, cause you will move out of reach loading up ur next swing

Less reach, less arc, lower damage what is the benefits of going 1h?
You know the DPS is only similar to 2h GS due to swing speed and the help of the shields passives, people seems to forget that.

I really liked to know where have you done your testings? Damage is similar you say? I fight our clans 1 hander users (which by the way all starting to switch clubs) and they hit me in thickkleather Fp head boots gloves combo for around 25-29 damage depending on what level wep and enchant they have. Now on the same time I'm hitting them in mostly FPset with some thickleather for 15 damage with JB Q4 enchant. For me to win them relies sololy on the fact that I avoid melee completely and try to get hit in every now and then but mostly just using ranged. And against good 1handers when they time block I make 2 damage when they hit 25 to 29 damage.

Personally I think 1handers would be fine if they removed the enchant slot but with good enchant it's just way too absorbing. Focus should be more on timed blocking and not just rewarding mindless swinging with such a high damage absorbing.

But as you can see, every one saying everything is fine or even asking for boost with 1handers are the ones using them and those that say it's not are 2handers since it's basically counter build to them. Mages don't care since they don't melee and clearly it's easier to avoid melee against one handers and mage damage is unchanged wetter it's 1hander or two hander they are facing since both try to block some of the spells and range fights with bows.

But as a two hander you make just the same damage ranged but you are almost completely refuted to go for melee and you just have to try to kite. Only good thing is there still very few that utilized timed blocking well with 1hander.

1hander is so broken op nobody bothers with timed block because they autowin melee anyway lol

Last 5 vcps I went to I only saw airarcane boneset mages with r60 1handers

Whole alfar clans use that same shit because it takes no skill to use
Last post by MKH -
I consider myself a true Leftclick Hero, but if I see a guy using a 1h+shield I will not engage in 1v1 with that person until I get him lower on health via archery, as my Greatsword will lose that fight, hard.

You might be able to beat a 1h/shield with a Greataxe if you land the Power Attack, but Greatclubs, Greatswords, and Polearms, are too shit in the ND meta and and can rarely stand on their own without archery to soften up the target first.

Plenty of room for balancing here, and it'd help if the formerly mentioned 2h weapons had a Power Attack worth a damn. Maybe they'll do it in the patch early next week.

Then you simply dont master the dance, why not capitalize on your reach advantage? Its many 2h users that manage to trade hit for hit and a hit for hit trade the 1h lose. If you stand spinning into their hitbox, the 1h stand a chance due to speed.
Nothing to dance if the 1h/shield guy can be almost stationary and attack and block via animation cancelling.

The step-in-step-out only works against people who literally never move and don't know to hold their attacks to improve their sync.

The range difference is not as big as you claim. It's only about 0.25 meters.

Then that is a timed parrying issue and not the passive protections. The reach difference is significant and very noticeable and carried by the arc. The point is with proper movement, the 1h cant utilize the advantage of higer swing speed, cause you will move out of reach loading up ur next swing

Less reach, less arc, lower damage what is the benefits of going 1h?
You know the DPS is only similar to 2h GS due to swing speed and the help of the shields passives, people seems to forget that.

I really liked to know where have you done your testings? Damage is similar you say? I fight our clans 1 hander users (which by the way all starting to switch clubs) and they hit me in thickkleather Fp head boots gloves combo for around 25-29 damage depending on what level wep and enchant they have. Now on the same time I'm hitting them in mostly FPset with some thickleather for 15 damage with JB Q4 enchant. For me to win them relies sololy on the fact that I avoid melee completely and try to get hit in every now and then but mostly just using ranged. And against good 1handers when they time block I make 2 damage when they hit 25 to 29 damage.

Personally I think 1handers would be fine if they removed the enchant slot but with good enchant it's just way too absorbing. Focus should be more on timed blocking and not just rewarding mindless swinging with such a high damage absorbing.

But as you can see, every one saying everything is fine or even asking for boost with 1handers are the ones using them and those that say it's not are 2handers since it's basically counter build to them. Mages don't care since they don't melee and clearly it's easier to avoid melee against one handers and mage damage is unchanged wetter it's 1hander or two hander they are facing since both try to block some of the spells and range fights with bows.

But as a two hander you make just the same damage ranged but you are almost completely refuted to go for melee and you just have to try to kite. Only good thing is there still very few that utilized timed blocking well with 1hander.
General Discussion / Re: Still best game on the MMO market
Last post by makaveli -
Not sure if I agree with OP not, but I guess actions speak louder than words. ND is the only game I've actually put in any "serious" time for the last 6-7 years. I've played other games and the sum of those is probably greater than ND, but that is mostly games like Jurassic World Evolution, Factorio and a small amount of Ghost Recon etc.

While on the action speak louder than words track, I'm not sure when the last time I logged in was but it was at least one month ago. I assume it was at the same time I started being more outspoken here.

I absolutely agree with the OP.  Its a great game and I am enjoying it.  Its better than anything out there.  Like anything else it could be better but as the game stands today, its a great game.  The hand full of people on here posting QQs on every single thread(yes every single thread) are the outspoken minority of this player base. 
I'd def say that this is true, for a very very sad reason. Most of the people that share the same sentiment as us "QQers" quit silently. This is something undisputed. Would you rather have a much bigger player base with more invested QQing on the forums (that you can easily ignore by playing the game) or people just quitting cause they see no hope that the game will change and that the current state has no future (opinion, I am not a prophet so don't treat and respond to my opinions as such)?

QQing is a issue for people not yet playing as it might scare them away. If the complaining is true though I consider that we do them a favor helping them with what ever decision they make. I wish I would have seen post like this before investing my time, because really, if you are an adult time is what it is about. I can tell you right now, I wouldn't have started and I would silently have read the forums until the situation improved. I deal with enough unprofessional, nonchalant time thief at work to allow them to steal time in my free time.

Man why is anyone reading the forums if they have nothing specific to discuss. When I was playing and I didn't have anything specific to say, I didn't open up the forums for days. When I had a suggestion or needed to find some info, I wasn't in the general section. Could I ask why the hell anyone that is playing is reading the general forums? This is a serious question because I know that most of the people I played with didn't hang around in this section.