Skip to main content

Recent Posts

General Discussion / Re: Atlas - who's trying it?
Last post by Nataz -
Of all the biggest LOLs in life, Atlas is certainly up there. Seems the DF threatment has lowered the expectations so much that TURD = CHOCOLATE
General Discussion / Re: Anniversary
Last post by Eilistraee -
Launch was acceptable, and by that I mean the process, the bugs, the hotfixes, the downtime, etc. The design was and is still shit. Only thing that kept game floating was DF combat and that you still can't find anything remotely close to it. Everything else supposed to be flabour, but they made it core concept, to prevent players griefing each other, while basically griefing all players themselves. Would have flopped with good monetary management as well.
Last post by Valar -
i didnt see much of the design ideas presented on paper actually making it into the game. Launch should have never occurred, but I guess they were desperate for funds?? 

what funds. they never charged a subcription

People still had to buy the game at launch if they sold 5k~ that's 50k revenue they got at least at that point.
ah didnt know they sold that much. thought its mostly InDev players

Just an estimate but launch was pretty busy.
Last post by Niburu -
i didnt see much of the design ideas presented on paper actually making it into the game. Launch should have never occurred, but I guess they were desperate for funds?? 

People still had to buy the game at launch if they sold 5k~ that's 50k revenue they got at least at that point.
ah didnt know they sold that much. thought its mostly InDev players
Last post by Valar -

Last post by Niburu -

Last post by VoQeles -
I would hate to think that it's the end, but by this point we've become the equivalent of spirits wandering the afterlife, stuck in a loop of a past that happened a life time ago.
Last post by TimothyJB -
while part of me wants to have sympathy for Marc, i struggle.

I felt the same way initially, but the arrogant silence makes him seem more childish and disillusioned with the direction of the game and his company than ever before. It's been months since we got any real honesty about the state of the game and company that many of us supported through significant extents of both time and money. Seems pretty disrespectful to all New Dawn players: past, present, and potential - because let's not forget they're still selling this shit... https://darkfallnewdawn.com/store/
Last post by Pallist Horror -
I think the rumors that stirred 2 months after launch were true or close to the truth
Ub3r failing to pay bills
Failing to pay employees

Several months later liquidation public records hit the web.

After that more rumors of the same source stirred about bankruptcy, all employees let go, servers running until contact is up.

Meanwhile Marc said October patch, early next week, soon, then absolute silence.

Seems Marc never found a way out of the hole he dug from business mistakes.

while part of me wants to have sympathy for Marc, i struggle.

No Jesus patch could save New Dawn.
It would take Marc being funded by a rich Uncle and have a full development team to completely redo the game into the vision they originally sold with nothing less of features. Along with graphic overhaul, dynamic lighting, weather, etc.
Anything less, and most people wouldnt touch it. Ub3r has ruined their reputation.

But that is a fairy tale. So move on. New Dawn is dead because ub3r's arrogance. They chose what to "work" on. They chose to develop a lengthy and delayed npe while end game content was stale and boring. Allowing the entire game to stagnate.
Last post by Sorrow Avaritia -

I think they just set a launch date and underestimated how much time it would take to implement things.