Skip to main content

Topic: Getting rare mats for the physical playstle  (Read 561 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Getting rare mats for the physical playstle
Reply #15
you can't

You can thanks to OP knock-up effect

Reply #16
And if you actually think melee/archery is overall nerfed you're just delusional. Not gonna say it's balanced, but that's just crazy.

LOL OK, in DF2012 You had Destroyer, Mage Killer (Mage Hunter, Indestructible) at the cost of Elemental Magic, now You dont have that burst at the cost of all magic. You go figure...

Also now it seems, even after last patch, that we have a heavier load on our Stamina pool and in current gameplay Stam pool get tripple dipped on physical playstyles.

Stam pool drains:
1. Your own actions
2. Most potent heal in DF aka Stam to Health (frequency/HPS)
3. Mage utility especially water/air.

• Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 06:23:30 pm by Nataz

Reply #17
And if you actually think melee/archery is overall nerfed you're just delusional. Not gonna say it's balanced, but that's just crazy.

LOL OK, in DF2012 You had Destroyer, Mage Killer (Mage Hunter, Indestructible) at the cost of Elemental Magic, now You dont have that burst at the cost of all magic. You go figure...

Also now it seems, even after last patch, that we have a heavier load on our Stamina pool and in current gameplay Stam pool get tripple dipped on physical playstyles.

Stam pool drains:
1. Your own actions
2. Most potent heal in DF aka Stam to Health (frequency/HPS)
3. Mage utility especially water/air.

Eh what? I just tried out and run naked half an island before my stam pool got depleted without food. With food, I actually gain stamina slowly. To me this seems a major improvement in the right direction.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #18
Eh what? I just tried out and run naked half an island before my stam pool got depleted without food. With food, I actually gain stamina slowly. To me this seems a major improvement in the right direction.

It is a major improvement and I address that, but still seems more tolling than DF2012

Reply #19
Let's stay on course. Did Uber reply yet, how melee/archery playstyle should feel when farming mobs?
1. Depression?
2. Wanna quit?
3. Why am I not a mage?
4. Why do I die all the time in best protections that I can't upkeep?
5. I like melee and I don't care about others, I do what I want and how I want because this is sandbox! I will farm a lot of stuff noone else bothers to, and trade it on market for what I want! (So the yes-men have a valid choice too)

In UW the best way of farming was melee, except on really high tier mobs and it was also the most dangerous. Was fun to kill those Duneshapers ending up with 50 hp left, or having to quickly get out and back to restat.
  • Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 06:38:08 pm by Eilistraee
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
you can't

You can thanks to OP knock-up effect

You can't do it solo, so...

...in before nataz cries he can't melee fire dragon.

Reply #21
There is indeed an issue with monsters being too strong in melee.
We'll be toning it down once when the current tasks are completed. It will be patch 6 at the earliest.

Archery and melee transmutes are too weak.
They have already slightly been buffed with the new damage formula, but they need a bit more. We'll take a second look when we'll be looking at enchanting.
The end goal is that magic should not be needed to PvE, and transmutes are the tools that will enable that.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #22
They have already slightly been buffed with the new damage formula, but they need a bit more. We'll take a second look when we'll be looking at enchanting.
The end goal is that magic should not be needed to PvE, and transmutes are the tools that will enable that.

Transmuted Bow and Melee is not week at all, atleast in PvP. THe dealing same dmg like r60 even abit more. But, yes, xmute is expsnive than regular r60...

Just few data:
Acid arrow against Theyrill Golem in Archmage + race staff = 35-41 dmg
Acid bow + golem slayer(q3) = 10-15+15-20 dmg in front with 70 dex, not maxed archery and thick leather

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
Transmuted Bow and Melee is not week at all, atleast in PvP. THe dealing same dmg like r60 even abit more. But, yes, xmute is expsnive than regular r60...

Maybe against robe.

Reply #24
Maybe against robe.

No, test it, atleast q3-q4 from r60 is really good even against heavy armor

Reply #25

Just few data:
Acid arrow against Theyrill Golem in Archmage + race staff = 35-41 dmg
Acid bow + golem slayer(q3) = 10-15+15-20 dmg in front with 70 dex, not maxed archery and thick leather

Banes are only good because they count twice, once for physical and once for magical portions of damage. However, problem is - which I spoke to @Ub3rgames around a year ago - not all mobs have bane. It's good when you can use it, most mobs don't have one.

Reply #26
Its a lot harder as a a physical player (melee/archer) to get the rare mats you need for your weapons/armour than as a mage.

Rare Ores - Golems - A Q3 R50 acid tranmuted bow does 20 or so damage where a acid bolt does 38-40 damage
Snow Hide - Ice Jarl - A Q3 R50 fire bow does 30 or so damage where a acid bolt does 38-40 damage.
Exarch Scales - Sun Exarch - A Q3 R50 acid bow does 15 damage where a holy bolt does 40.

The healing & regen of these high end mobs making getting the materials you need alot harder as a physical player than as a mage.

Can something be done to balance this out?

I dont want to play as a mage to get the mats I need to play as a physical player

there is no mob regen currently,  and you don't even mention debuffing....? or daggers which is a must for heavy-archer.  It sounds like you just don't know how to play.

Even if you farm in physical/heavy gear you will be flopped like a bitch at the spawns if population picks up. Ub3rgames think its nothing wrong with heavy vs mage, so best option is to just forget about that playstyle and whoever want to play heavy can shine in sieges, bigger groups etc.. but need to roll in light gear for everything else.

This is the definition of balance in baguetteland. The only hope we have is for Ub3rgames to have a drug free day.

There are alot of clowns that now will tell us that we can do this and this and all fine. Clowns that cant tell the difference between "can", "can't" and "can, but won't".

However as a contribution to the topic, they might want to start looking into the transmutes again, but I dont think any physical playstyle is on their radar in the forseeable future.

In before they claim we got sidestep and active blocking....

Don't feel like pointing out all the idiots in this thread so I'm just going to pick one, this guy.  and point out what you are apparently missing OP.

-You can out hp regen a cairn giants rock throwing attack in a set of  plate now.

- with a 118 magic encumbrance I can still heal for 8-9 per tick on the heals , Because they adjusted it.

-  Sidestep, if  used properly- will get you out of melee range from any of the larger mobs who can sticky back you now

-   If you're not using rend for the piercing debuff,  pole arm power attack for the piercing debuff,  Axe with a shield for the amazing melee protection debuff,  a player made r50 bow-at least or above since the mats are super easy to get

- the fact that snow hide is only 1.5 a full suit better than the heavy leather,  And you're not wearing a full suit of leather anyway it's absolutely not needed even at the high end PvP

/ this is just shit off the top of my head from playing a heavy Archer most of my DF play time going back to DF1. Heavy melee/Archer is more viable now than it's ever been and that includes df1 and Roa

edit-  People like @Eilistraee  need to stop posting because they don't know wtf they are talking about.

edit 2- I out HP regened somebody on a village control point and they gave up and left as a heavy.  The other guy I drug into the water, which is everwhere in this game with a q1 water breathing item.  He couldn't kill me, because he had a robed archery and mana missile.

Learn to work the problem
  • Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 06:16:33 am by mezferic

Reply #27
Clown alert

Reply #28
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #29
The only problem with transmutes is that they should do more of the elemental damage and LESS arrow damage

Remember though it takes less stats to shoot an arrow, you shoot faster and scale better with buddies (haste ect), and in general your armor is more beneficial defensively and argueably offensively than a mages when it comes to farming mobs

Aside from that your not SUPPOSE to be able to solo everything especially when you want to use/ raise certain skills rather than choosing the most effective method

You think mages want to spam bolts when they could be leveling a better pvp spell? OP You need to seperate grinding from farming and soloing from making max profit.