Skip to main content

Topic: New player here. (Read 632 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: New player here.
Reply #30
haaa skibba,

The imbalance and possible exploits are probably a good reason...i have to admit this. Was really looking how we can start to play on indev and then to tranfert when ready. Tactically it was a good path to do so. but indeed if we have such possible issue, I can understand your logic
Great HOPES

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without HOPE and confidence. Helen Keller

Reply #31
I am expecting a sizable population jump when the Ship/Sea Tower patch hits.
@Ub3rgames, any ETA on this yet?
Just bought the game today but I am eagerly waiting for the ship changes and local banking as well.
Keep me in mind when you wish to purchase a Ship.
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,5531.0.html

Reply #32
haaa skibba,

The imbalance and possible exploits are probably a good reason...i have to admit this. Was really looking how we can start to play on indev and then to tranfert when ready. Tactically it was a good path to do so. but indeed if we have such possible issue, I can understand your logic

Don't forget that there already *are* additional small incentives to play InDev (as well as learning the game).

You will carry over any unused meditation points (up to a max of 100k). And you will carry over any crafting and harvesting masteries that you've achieved (NB the mastery itself, ie you save yourself the 10k cost of buying it again - you still have to work your way up to it :) ).

And please ignore @Mycke when he starts on one of his rants. He mostly means well but doesn't know when to pull out.

Reply #33
haaa skibba,

Don't forget that there already *are* additional small incentives to play InDev (as well as learning the game).

You will carry over any unused meditation points (up to a max of 100k). And you will carry over any crafting and harvesting masteries that you've achieved (NB the mastery itself, ie you save yourself the 10k cost of buying it again - you still have to work your way up to it :) ).

And please ignore @Mycke when he starts on one of his rants. He mostly means well but doesn't know when to pull out.

Ha voila!!
Thanks Mae good to know!!! i was not aware about this kind of nice bonus...

so lets jump and be nasty on an other post :)
Great HOPES

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without HOPE and confidence. Helen Keller

Reply #34
haaa skibba,

Ha voila!!

just wait for LIVE its only 2 months away. Darkfall is a time consuming pure tons of effort to play type of MMO save yur energy for LIVE.

Reply #35
haaa skibba,

Ha voila!!

just wait for LIVE its only 2 months away. Darkfall is a time consuming pure tons of effort to play type of MMO save yur energy for LIVE.

As of now, the release date is pending decision from the recently hired marketing team.
For full disclosure: our bastille day inside joke isn't such a good idea apparently, and a marketing push needs to be better thought out.

Reply #36
@Dragonx Ivanzypher Launch is not in July. They have a new marketing team who advised against launching at same time as big games coming out that month. People are hoping/guessing September/October.

Reply #37
haaa skibba,

Yeah when I see someone talk about 10 people playing, i find it hard to take them seriously...silly me.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #38
@Dragonx Ivanzypher Launch is not in July. They have a new marketing team who advised against launching at same time as big games coming out that month. People are hoping/guessing September/October.

Well thats even better means i dont need to play for more months i can focus on the gym and NEW DAWN will be feature complete with another 2 months of INDEV :D I havent played in since December and i havent missed anyhting.

Reply #39
Yeah I hope they take their time and do this right. Its Darkfall's last chance lol.

I think @Dragonx Ivanzypher is right to say that RoA could have a niche as an arena, but yup you're right @ironkid  - Darkfall:New Dawn is the last hope we have of a Darkfall MMORPG. Very happily, though, we've got a professional development team with a clear set of goals and a large number of great results already in @Ub3rgames.

And welcome on board, to the OP :)

And to think titles arent even in yet and control towers, so yea that and those are the real meat of the DND content and features for the endgame and what did ROA release LIVE EXACTLY? What changes did they make to release LIVE? Seriously wtf did they release lol
Those idiots shoulda did alot less work trimmed down the game faster and make it an FPS ARENA big bucks and isntant darkfall pvp fun and ill even play it once in a while to get some instant pvp kicks in verus the elites knowing i wont lose my epic gear and can farm and enjoy the deep pvp.

Bro you have no idea.... RoA's launch is nothing more than a quick grab at the Darkfall Population.  They released a half working game.  Between mobs/loot/dupes/lies/cover ups and so on and so forth it's evident that it's being developed and run by amateurs.  I give credit for their passion, but misplaced passion is no excuse to falsely advertise.  I mean hell they have Umberto Finito associated with them and for all the vets here we all remember him... There are still videos floating around that show him hacking/exploiting.

Reply #40
Yeah I hope they take their time and do this right. Its Darkfall's last chance lol.

I think @Dragonx Ivanzypher is right to say that RoA could have a niche as an arena, but yup you're right @ironkid  - Darkfall:New Dawn is the last hope we have of a Darkfall MMORPG. Very happily, though, we've got a professional development team with a clear set of goals and a large number of great results already in @Ub3rgames.

And to think titles arent even in yet and control towers, so yea that and those are the real meat of the DND content and features for the endgame and what did ROA release LIVE EXACTLY? What changes did they make to release LIVE? Seriously wtf did they release lol
Those idiots shoulda did alot less work trimmed down the game faster and make it an FPS ARENA big bucks and isntant darkfall pvp fun and ill even play it once in a while to get some instant pvp kicks in verus the elites knowing i wont lose my epic gear and can farm and enjoy the deep pvp.

Bro you have no idea.... RoA's launch is nothing more than a quick grab at the Darkfall Population.  They released a half working game.  Between mobs/loot/dupes/lies/cover ups and so on and so forth it's evident that it's being developed and run by amateurs.  I give credit for their passion, but misplaced passion is no excuse to falsely advertise.  I mean hell they have Umberto Finito associated with them and for all the vets here we all remember him... There are still videos floating around that show him hacking/exploiting.

Bro i got the idea since ROA entered Alpha if you search for my posts here regarding ROA i been screaming top of my lungs for a year ' DO NOT TRUST THOSE 15 kids HIGH SCHOOL wannabe developers trying to steal your fan money for love of Darkfall2009. "
Ohhhh i have every idea what those little kids are up to and so do you lol i can only giggle at the adults who are giving them over $100 for founders packages.
  • Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:00:14 pm by Dragonx Ivanzypher

Reply #41

Bro i got the idea since ROA entered Alpha if you search for my posts here regarding ROA i been screaming top of my lungs for a year ' DO NOT TRUST THOSE 15 kids HIGH SCHOOL wannabe developers trying to steal your fan money for love of Darkfall2009. "
Ohhhh i have every idea what those little kids are up to and so do you lol i can only giggle at the adults who are giving them over $100 for founders packages.

I made my account here first but went to RoA when I heard they would be live first...  Just honestly wish I could get all that time back but you live and you learn namsayin?  Oh I never gave them anything on their "starter" packages.  My bud did and he has yet to receive what he payed for lol.

Reply #42

I made my account here first but went to RoA when I heard they would be live first...  Just honestly wish I could get all that time back but you live and you learn namsayin?  Oh I never gave them anything on their "starter" packages.  My bud did and he has yet to receive what he payed for lol.

i give DND 3 accounts in indev i dont even play indev since i dislike wipes and wasting hard work and finger strain that is better used rubbing my man meat until LIVE you know whaddimean?
But yea i got no issues supporitng indev paying for 3 accounts so far.