Skip to main content

Topic: Remove crafting and harvesting tools from NPC shops (Read 167 times) previous topic - next topic

Remove crafting and harvesting tools from NPC shops
Remove crafting and harvesting tools from NPC shops

.. And introduce them into the economy by making them monster drops. Perhaps the NPC could sell 5 durability tools or basic versions of the tools that are inferior to those dropped by monsters.

Apart from superior durability, tools dropped by monsters could give advantages to their profession.

PLEASE INSERT 1 BREAD TO CONTINUE PLAYING

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Remove crafting and harvesting tools from NPC shops
Reply #1
what would the benefit of that change be?
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #2
Devs have said they're bringing in tiered tools for crafters to make. Don't think we need to make getting the basic tools difficult/RNG based.

Reply #3
Bad idea, the basic tools should be NPC purchasable, but ONLY the basics, with everything higher being dropped or preferably crafted.
  • Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:49:42 pm by ImpalerWrG
Lodrig Valinson - Supreme General of the Steel Bones - The ONLY ALL Dwarf Clan in New Dawn, recruiting new and old alike

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Yeah, lets screw up ppl who don't want to pve/pvp even more.

Reply #5
Bad idea, the basic tools should be NPC purchasable, but ONLY the basics, with everything higher being dropped or preferably crafted.

Right now it is nothing but a 20 gold nuisance that adds no much to the game.

I don't know what OP is thinking, but I like the system in Ark where you create a primitive tools and slowly create more powerful tools that are needed for advance crafting. 

• OmegaLibra
  • [*][*]
Reply #6
what would the benefit of that change be?
One small benefit would be that tool chests would actually become worth the while to go 30seconds outta your way to grab a chest.
a line of thought that still needs to be addressed within DFO
none rare chests have been traditionally overlooked and forgotten about.
If there was a reason to visit them again, I think it would pull together better, the content that is already here, made more meaningful.
I would like to see weapon and Armor chests, drop more than a single piece of cloth elbow pads.
maybe full chain set + leather gloves&boots? with a box reopen cooldown of 1hour?
for a full suit, drop rates = 40% leather, 30% chain, 20%banded, 10%scale
and weapons drop rate = 40% R20, 30% R30, 20% R40s, with a rare 10% chance of R50s?
RISE OF AGON IS GARBAGE
LETS HOPE NEW DAWN TAKES OUT THE TRASH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4hO2651w4Q

Reply #7
What about just raising their price?

• OmegaLibra
  • [*][*]
Reply #8
What about just raising their price?
I rather like better the idea of lowering the cost to ZERO. not purchasable at all.

in RoA, "sailcloth" was purchasable from NPC but not standard cloth....
this seems like a "LAZY UPDATE" they had a idea half hatches with very little effect or meaning.

I think personally NPCs should sell EVERYTHING as a back wall, suggested price @ double the market value to make it costly!
that way a real players market can be devised around the set prices of the store, instead of a false market fluctuations premise.
this would skip out on the "NEED" for harvesting, (but harvesting could still give better yields?) keeping people doing more PvP
I remember DFO, single ingot prices would go from 10-40, depending on who you pissed off that week. LOL
but if ingots could be purchased from NPC at say.... a rate that rivaled the crafting costs.
($2000 price of a scale suit from vender: with some math you can extract the unit price, with slightly opinionated variances.)
400-gold  =$400,  1 per
20-leather =$200,  10 per
70-ingots  =$1400,  20 per
Without greater DND "launch values," at hand to pinpoint exact figures, this roughly shows the past market prices.

ingots have in the past been more expensive, Id be fine with that in the future to.
I would also be fine with all materials being sold for the same cost as one another...
say, 15 gold each, making all materials trade value with one another a 1 for 1 swap.

thoe I think VETS would have a hard time wrapping their minds around a fair trade barter system?

In short I think there ought to be more control over resource cost, other than because players say so. something more fair.
If all mob drop rates were equalized, to a standard, and given the time spent on them is the same,
all that matters then is what mob you farm,  and to a point where you farm them.

I don't see this thoe being anything DND will assimilate. TBH, just brain storming out loud.
  • Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:18:23 pm by OmegaLibra
RISE OF AGON IS GARBAGE
LETS HOPE NEW DAWN TAKES OUT THE TRASH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4hO2651w4Q