Skip to main content

Topic: Proof of concept - Skinning removes icon from grave. (Read 372 times) previous topic - next topic

Proof of concept - Skinning removes icon from grave.
Can you do at least that much for next patch? Can't be that hard, and it would make testing much easier us, + restoring some lost faith. Right now I think you got 0 progress regarding 3d models/texture alteration, and we are in beta for a year now.
'
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Re: Proof of concept - Skinning removes icon from grave.
Reply #1
This would be a good addition (if I'm remembering correctly, I believe UW had an analogous visual glow that signified loot on a grave, yes?). Ideally, I'd like two separate indicators for loot and skin, which could occur in combination to visually represent the 4 possible grave states at a glance, but either alone is an improvement.

Reply #2
This would be a good addition (if I'm remembering correctly, I believe UW had an analogous visual glow that signified loot on a grave, yes?). Ideally, I'd like two separate indicators for loot and skin, which could occur in combination to visually represent the 4 possible grave states at a glance, but either alone is an improvement.

You are correct, if a grave was looted it would loose the glow, but it did not have this skinning addition that we talk about. This is much more important, because if you want to make sure you skinned every grave of mobs that drop stone, it takes ages to loot and delete the stone on the graves. If the mobs are leveled, and drop for like 70-80 stone, it takes ages to do the labor.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #3
Was this something promised on the road map for launch?

Reply #4
they were talking about AOE skinning no?

Reply #5
they were talking about AOE skinning no?

Yup, but not what's being proposed in the OP. And the - I think sensible - point the devs have made before is that there's often no point in half-changing a system. Because the amount of time taken to do that (and then check it works etc) is nearly always coming close to what it would take to make the full change.

The devs have their internal change-route planned. It#s frustrating for us as players, hungry for the next patch. But I'd rather @Ub3rgames made the changes in their own, planned time.

That way we can blame them fully if things go wrong later on :)

Reply #6
why not just remove skinning and put those items in the grave

i dont get why watching your character wave their arm at a piece of rock for a few seconds is so great
  • Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 10:39:00 pm by trashsmasher

Reply #7
Actually, this feature is coming in 3.13, as a surprise, and it wasn't as easy as it sounds.
Changing assets is and was easy, but grave updates were on a system we had to rework in order to synchronize for all players without a delay.
The graves will show if they are empty or skinned independently and death of monsters should now be handled much more smoothly.

For more details:
There has been a consistent issue we noticed when filming new players trying out the game: they would follow the body of monsters when they died and slid on the ground. The graves took a while to appear and then disappear. One even rage quitted over this.

Our initial quick change on the grave to show a status was plagued by the same issue.
So we had to polish the whole handling of death, which has been quite the deep dive. Now monsters should die and disappear instantly, graves should update instantly and will show if they are empty or skinned.
While we're trying to cut feature creep as much as we can, this one seemed like necessary polishing and it fit in the extra time we've got.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #8
You spoiled the surprise :(

Reply #9
Surprise is making tornado more fast casting spell! And fixing fucking old WW bug...But visual for skinned\not skinned...is not a surprise at all

Reply #10
i hope you still have a surprise left....i love surprises
Rorschach MiM

Retired:  Rorschach Greyhead / Marquez VonHinten

Reply #11
Thanks.
"Things just got worse."