Skip to main content

Topic: Are you guys decide if the server will be in New York? South americans waiting.. (Read 1844 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Are you guys decide if the server will be in New York? South americans waiting..
Reply #30
i wont buy until the location is fix. let us pay before we know is erm...derp?!
i wont buy until the location is fix. let us pay before we know is erm...derp?!

DF is good at launch, if you don't join then, u miss out. Period.

Its literally 20E for all of indev and a couple months of launch. how can you go wrong?
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Re: Are you guys decide if the server will be in New York? South americans waiting..
Reply #31
Fact 1 - Darkfall is a european Product
Fact 2 - The current server environment can't be bought a second time, somewhere
Fact 3 - Money doesn't count
Fact 4 - Server environments and energy-stability are way worse west of the Atlantic
Fact 5 - Yes the majority of sold versions came from america, this has just to do with the different culture, Europeans dont buy unfinished products, they dont buy it just for betas and not for early access status.
Fact 6 - the US community is way more toxic (you know it yourself)
Fact 7 - UK is out, nearly no technical advantages compare to now, Brexit gives more disadvantages on the business side (compare to now)
Fact 8 - In 3-4 years Iceland get to both sides ( east and west) high speed light-wave cable and can become the new cluster.
Fact 9 - There was/is already a Darkfall - Server the Population dropped within 3 Month by nearly 80% (desicions need to be for a long term, not for a short shot - mmorpg in the US is going down, while growing in eu and Russia and asia)
Fact 10 - if you count 1 and 1 together, you have it

The first mid and longtime usable data's are just avaible 4-5 weeks or 2  months after the hard release of the Darkfall New Dawn Brand.

And no, the game is not ready for a release, RoA gave a very good example why it needs more time to implement the core features first, and not afterwards.
  • Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:00:06 am by Prometheus
Come at me!!
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005

- Ub3rgames "We never saw RoA as competition."

Reply #32
Fact 1 - Darkfall is a european Product
Fact 2 - The current server environment can't be bought a second time, somewhere
Fact 3 - Money doesn't count
Fact 4 - Server environments and energy-stability are way worse east of the Atlantic
Fact 5 - Yes the majority of sold versions came from america, this has just to do with the different culture, Europeans dont buy unfinished products, they dont buy it just for betas and not for early access status.
Fact 6 - the US community is way more toxic (you know it yourself)
Fact 7 - UK is out, nearly no technical advantages compare to now, Brexit gives more disadvantages on the business side (compare to now)
Fact 8 - In 3-4 years Iceland get to both sides ( east and west) high speed light-wave cable and can become the new cluster.
Fact 9 - There was/is already a Darkfall - Server the Population dropped within 3 Month by nearly 80% (desicions need to be for a long term, not for a short shot - mmorpg in the US is going down, while growing in eu and Russia and asia)
Fact 10 - if you count 1 and 1 together, you have it

The first mid and longtime usable data's are just avaible 4-5 weeks or 2  months after the hard release of the Darkfall New Dawn Brand.

And no, the game is not ready for a release, RoA gave a very good example why it needs more time to implement the core features first, and not afterwards.

ofc not.
Rorschach MiM

Retired:  Rorschach Greyhead / Marquez VonHinten

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #33
Fact 4 - Server environments and energy-stability are way worse east of the Atlantic

With Germans being so good at geography no wonder hitler started with Poland instead of France...
(Sarcasm inside, amiright?)

Reply #34
The fact is several people will still play regardless of where the server is based.

These reverse psychology posts are rather entertaining.

• Semu
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #35
It seems more players want Paris, so I guess that will win. Sandbox local banking seems more suited to the European market!

Paris is the best option

Reply #36
It seems more players want Paris, so I guess that will win. Sandbox local banking seems more suited to the European market!

Paris is the best option
The fact is several people will still play regardless of where the server is based.

These reverse psychology posts are rather entertaining.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #37
At this point I would actually be ok with a NY server.. I prefer Paris ofc but ROA is playable with 100 ish ping and DND is gonna be smoother than that. So I dont really mind and tbh cant wait to get started this late autumn when it releases.
I think business wise its retarded to have two companies working on the same niche game and having them host it at the same place too, so thats a plus for EU servers in my book..
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

Reply #38
At this point I would actually be ok with a NY server.. I prefer Paris ofc but ROA is playable with 100 ish ping and DND is gonna be smoother than that. So I dont really mind and tbh cant wait to get started this late autumn when it releases.
I think business wise its retarded to have two companies working on the same niche game and having them host it at the same place too, so thats a plus for EU servers in my book..
They may be the same "niche" game, but the development is almost a polar opposite.

Reply #39
Elite players, log on from  NA and let us know what you think with the changes Uber has made to the code...

Reply #40
INSERT MEANINGLESS BATTLE HERE!

Reply #41
Elite players, log on from  NA and let us know what you think with the changes Uber has made to the code...
Fuck 'elite players'. What such a tiny percentage of players think is irrelevant to server location, the game itself or the game's success. For more info, see DFO2012 and RoA.

Reply #42
the less Vets playing this game the better
Rorschach MiM

Retired:  Rorschach Greyhead / Marquez VonHinten

Reply #43

will be boring to kick everyone's ass, don't you think?
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #44

will be boring to kick everyone's ass, don't you think?

Not More boring than loosing 5v1 as a noob to someone who played the game for 8 years.