Skip to main content

Topic: Shader Change with Patch 4.0 (Read 1647 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Shader Change with Patch 4.0
Reply #75
Is it really that absurd?

Yeah maybe...
Absurd? What are you referring to? If it's about the money then here's some numbers:
Basic salary up to 25y: 420 euros/month and 480 for older people.
Unemployment: 50% for young people, 23% for the entire pop.
Cost of living: 500 euros to survive (no shopping, no travelling, no nothing), +200 euros if you need a car.
I'd say upgrading a pc isn't an easy task from a numerical perspective...
Thank goodness we're an innovating bunch of people and we can live somewhat comfortable even with those numbers!!
Dunnin Dainstaff - Lux Arcana

Reply #76
I have to agree with @Kenman here. Making a game worse because some people don't have good computers shouldn't be a top reason to not improve the game.

I completely understand that life is harder in some areas of the world, and good computers or parts are hard to come by. But not allowing the game get better for these reasons is not fair to the game itself.

Obviously, in the end, it's all about financial decisions. So if this means more players = more money = full server, then you can't force shadows, grass etc.

But if you really are a true gamer, then you should do anything you can to get a better PC. 6 years ago, I had to sacrifice going out, eating out, buying things, all to build me a good computer. I had 3 (kinda shitty) jobs at the time to make it all happen. If you are a true gamer and care about how your game looks and performs, you'll find a way to make it happen. Don't tell me you simply can't (unless you're not old enough to work). You didn't try hard enough.
  • Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:30:23 pm by PENETRATOR
All my opinions and suggestions for game design are based on expectation of 10000 players per server.

Reply #77
if you really are a true gamer, then you should do anything you can to get a better PC. 6 years ago, I had to sacrifice going out, eating out, buying things, all to build me a good computer.
Saving this for possible future signature use

Reply #78

Yeah maybe...
Absurd? What are you referring to? If it's about the money then here's some numbers:
Cost of living: 500 euros to survive (no shopping, no travelling, no nothing), +200 euros if you need a car.
Thank goodness we're an innovating bunch of people and we can live somewhat comfortable even with those numbers!!

Here's an Idea if you want to employ more of your citizens and raise minimum wages in Europe how about you STOP letting in millions of illiterate low skill/ unemployable people who do the shit jobs for pennies on the dollar OR (and this is more likely) leech off your tax dollers and bankrupt the country?

Granted in Greece in addition to all that your government gives out higher benefits (that they couldn't afford for decades), your people work far fewer hours on average, AND your millinieals  are lazy and entitled as fuck

Greece is doomed so is the EU at large its just going to happen in some countries faster than others

You can thank mother Merkel and Germany for a lot of this shit

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #79
Gtfo with the politics

Reply #80
if you really are a true gamer, then you should do anything you can to get a better PC. 6 years ago, I had to sacrifice going out, eating out, buying things, all to build me a good computer.
Saving this for possible future signature use

Haha ya fuck him for being economical, having priorities, and not going into debt right? What a loser that guy!

Reply #81

Yeah maybe...

Here's an Idea if you want to employ more of your citizens and raise minimum wages in Europe how about you STOP letting in millions of illiterate low skill/ unemployable people who do the shit jobs for pennies on the dollar OR (and this is more likely) leech off your tax dollers and bankrupt the country?

Granted in Greece in addition to all that your government gives out higher benefits (that they couldn't afford for decades), your people work far fewer hours on average, AND your millinieals  are lazy and entitled as fuck

Greece is doomed so is the EU at large its just going to happen in some countries faster than others

You can thank mother Merkel and Germany for a lot of this shit

First of all: They're only 0,5% of the pop (~50000), not many tbh
Second: They're not working, so they're not stealing any jobs for now, in fact they may be providing us with some jobs for now.
Third: EU pays for most of their expenses. We pay some but many Greeks also get hired to aid these people. So overall, not many losses there (we may even be on the positive, I don't know). There are lots of other more important issues to solve from an economical pov.
Fourth: Greeks run high on the workhours/month list
Fifth: If EU got out of the last crisis, that means it came to stay for a long time.

We do indeed blame some German politicians, alongside Americans, other EU politicians and our own idiots for the enormous corruption they created during the last 35 years, for pushing us into an arms race with Turkey instead of helping us to the opposite direction (We're one of the few countries that spend more than 2% on defense). But it doesn't really matter, reality calls and we have to respond.

THE END

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #82
Basic salary for a 25yr old is 500 euros a month? What the actual fuck?

Reply #83

Only for the 50%, the other 50% kisses Merkel's ass

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #84

Only for the 50%, the other 50% kisses Merkel's ass

Had no idea, Ty for the education. Shit sucks dude. Is that egen minimum wage?

Reply #85
I cannot run most of the current popular games on my 2009 PC. How does all these companies make money? Who are these millions of people that are buying these latest games?

Reply #86
Forced shadows kills the game for many laptop players.  Would be a bad move.
I hate to seem cold, if you have a REAL old system I understand but forced shadows, or finding some other way to allow for using them as a "stealth" feature has always been something I hoped to see in Darkfall.  It would be a net gain for the majority that play it imo.
@Xeris Ta'Kier
I'm using an Inter core I5, 1st gen at 2.67 and turbo mode at 3.2 max. 8gb of ddr3 ram and an ssd. I bought this at 2010, 7 years old system (except the ssd). I can tell you that I couldn't play pvp, have shader 3 AND shadows on and feel the game run smooth. And that's because DF only uses 1 fucking core only!! If they made it so that it can use all my cores, then sure, it'd be a piece of cake! But until then many people like me would quit...
I am using an i5 2500 released in q1 2011, i have a 970 gpu and 16 gig of ram, so I have upgraded, as able over the years. I see now that this thread has covered most of my thoughts, but suffice it to say that with the system I have, and most likely have better, it would be near zero impact.
  • Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:56:33 am by Xeris Ta'Kier
The Mirdain are back!

Reply #87
I cannot run most of the current popular games on my 2009 PC. How does all these companies make money? Who are these millions of people that are buying these latest games?

Times are changing, it's time to change with the times.

Most popular PC game in the world right now has these system requirements.

PUBG minimum system requirements:

Processor: Intel Core i3-4340 / AMD FX-6300
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
Storage: 30 GB available space

PUBG recommended system requirements:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5-1600 / Intel Core i5-7600K
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB or better

And I'll tell you what, if you don't have at least an i5 + GTX 980 + 16GB, your PUBG will have performance problems.

Verdict: if the game is fun, people will play with low frames.
All my opinions and suggestions for game design are based on expectation of 10000 players per server.

Reply #88
The new shaders look worse and less realistic.
PLEASE INSERT 1 BREAD TO CONTINUE PLAYING

Reply #89
The new shaders look worse and less realistic.

disagree