Skip to main content

Topic: Release date incoming! (Read 1811 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Release date incoming!
Reply #15
US East coast server

Dec 17' Free-period

JAN/FEB '18 launch

Local banking, loot redistribution patch pre-launch, titles and everything else on the roadmap post-launch.

/ thread I'll get the lights

Reply #16
US East coast server

Dec 17' Free-period

JAN/FEB '18 launch

Local banking, loot redistribution patch pre-launch, titles and everything else on the roadmap post-launch.

If titles, even in their most basic form, get pushed to post-launch, someone needs a good slap...

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Feb 30, server in N.Korea

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
US East coast server

Dec 17' Free-period

JAN/FEB '18 launch

If titles, even in their most basic form, get pushed to post-launch, someone needs a good slap...

Lol yeahhh..... I agree.

Reply #19
D O A
[20:22:42] (Carbon Stampede): king weanker mad he has no friends to help siege so he sit in bush like a gay camera man

Reply #20

Reply #21
US East coast server

Dec 17' Free-period

JAN/FEB '18 launch

Lol yeahhh..... I agree.
I can see why they want an unsolved meta for launch, but diversity was supposed to be one of the main selling points of new dawn, and so far we've only seen new armor. I'm afraid if they don't go far enough it'll alienate a whole group of people. Uber said early on that the majority of people they talked to would play darkfall if  it had a skillcap. So far we haven't seen anything close to a skillcap.

Are they gonna do all the lm/gm changes plus crafting titles plus every elemental magic title in one patch? It's not shaping up to be the darkfall i signed up for unless they have a huge patch up their sleeve.

Please don't fuck it up, you really are our last hope.
  • Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:00:08 am by Brown Dorf

Reply #22
Hope I don't need to get 100k med points and stop medding before launch
Emperor Jack - Supreme General of Giants

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
You would want to, though currently there is no way to instant spend it.
Depends on how hard you go at launch, but having a bit of a stack does help out for the offline parts of your day.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Rushed release incoming - good luck.

Reply #25

@Ub3rgames What i want to know is if i make a character now just to build up the 100k meditation for launch does that mean i have to use the same character name and race as my indev character or can i change it at launch and retain my indev 100k meditation?

Reply #26

@Ub3rgames What i want to know is if i make a character now just to build up the 100k meditation for launch does that mean i have to use the same character name and race as my indev character or can i change it at launch and retain my indev 100k meditation?

Last time I spoke to the devs about this (link) they said that we can keep the 'character' (with its med points and any crafting masteries it'd bought) and can choose a new race. We cannot change its name.

If you delete your character you lose the med points and masteries. But you then get to choose a new name.

No name changes because they want things we've been up to politically and otherwise in InDev to count going forwards.
  • Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:35:51 pm by Maejohl

Reply #27
Things still not done yet entertaining the idea of launch date
Marketplace
Local Banking
Titles
Crafting changes
Towers

Back to reality...

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
it's almost as if there will be patches between now and the release date
Bala Eregi - SG of Bewahrer der Welten

Reply #29
@Brown Dorf @TimothyJB @Kenman
Armors and shared cooldowns did a lot more for specialization than you give them credit for.
The framework for titles is nearing completion, then will come using it to make titles which should be rather quick by comparison.
The first wave of titles will be in.

They will be rather simple in nature, focusing on individual skills/schools/professions. In essence, the same purpose as a skill cap.
A character will have only 5 slots available.

Expect them to be mostly impacting utility wise. For example signature utility spells would need to have the title to really be useful (think come hither or wall of force as signature spells) Power attack, whirlwind and seize would need a title too.
Their impact on damage will be smaller than armors' impact. A "build" will be a combination of both.

@Battle Smurf @clottbott
The reward is unspent meditation, so you'll have to at least be active enough to keep a store of 100k.
Note that we raised the stored cap, so you could still have some "spending money" meditation on top if you babysit it.
You can disable the meditation system in the journal.

The meditation will be tied to your character, so you will need to use the "same" one.
Name change won't be an option, but we'll be working on race changes.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.