Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Population spread and server location factors (Read 19756 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Discussion: Population spread and server location factors
Reply #570
@Ub3rgames whats the active pop count nowadays??

I think they have too many fingers to count that :p

Its pretty low id be surprised if the server ever gets more than 100 on at a time lately, I know my activity is its lowest since I started my clan with just me in Jan.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #571
Australian here.

Basing where you place your servers on how many people are currently buying the game is probably the worst business decision you could possibly make.

People outside of Europe aren't going to buy a game that's hosted in Europe 95% of the time.

Don't underestimate your Asian markets either as several NA clans were almost exclusively Asian. I know that because I played in the same timezone as them and they probably accounted for 50-60% of the "after hours" population, with the rest being Aussies, New Zealanders, and Americans and Europeans who worked odd hours.

Korean DFUW was quite popular for a while but apparently they made it Pay2Win so it died off.

People from Hong Kong and Shanghai can get outside the Great Firewall of China. I had multiple Indonesian players in the clan back in DFO too.

https://www.submarinecablemap.com/

You guys need to hire a research/statistical analysis company to actually run the numbers and find the best location.

Aiming for the lowest ping for the greatest number of people is also a bad idea. What you should be doing, is aiming for the greatest number of users with playable ping.

The difference between 50 ping and 100 ms ping is negligible. The difference between 100 ms ping and 150 is getting annoying. The difference between 150 ping and 200 is putting you at a disadvantage. The difference between 200 ping and 250 is game breaking.

There's no sense in having a massive concentration of people with 10 ms ping whilst screwing the rest of the players.

• Giant
  • [*][*]
Reply #572
Australian here.

Most Asian countries are a lot closer to France, than the US! The Pacific Islands like Japan, Australia and New Zealand, would be the exceptions. Paris or Germany would be the best location for a Global Server. It's just a matter of geographical positioning on Earth, it's not Americas fault it's continent on it's own, split hundreds of millions of years ago from Europe and Africa! So don't blame Trump for it's location on Earth!

SG of Elitist Cuntz

Reply #573
Population means nothing. A large number of people in South Asia earn $1 a day. If Ub3rgames hired the right marketing team then they will remove all emotions in their decision process.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #574
Population means nothing. A large number of people in South Asia earn $1 a day. If Ub3rgames hired the right marketing team then they will remove all emotions in their decision process.
dafuq?

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #575
Aren't a lot of the Asian population restricted from playing outside of their regions? How does that work, because it seems like wasted effort- pushing an agenda on a population that can't even receive access to your game.

Some interesting points in the post above.
Place the server in a location which will receive the best connection globally and be done wid it.

Reply #576
The key is to place the server in the location where the most potential paying customers can get <100 ping, period. That means both a gaming population and disposable income to afford a sub.

I have looked at the numbers and I think the answer is clear, but we will see.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #577
39 pages of the same shit. why do you guys all waste your time on this. so much lol

Reply #578
So now that we know the server will be NA.

When is the launch expected? Thank you.
Stay trash Euros.

• Semu
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #579
So now that we know the server will be NA.

When is the launch expected? Thank you.
Stay trash Euros.

It's an Eu server. Go and suck a Trump!

Reply #580
I will not play Darkfall on an NA server.

People who want to play on an NA server need to play Rise of Agon. They will have to accept EU ping if they really want to play here.
This game is better suited for EU mentality.
PLEASE INSERT 1 BREAD TO CONTINUE PLAYING

Reply #581
Here's hoping for an NA server.

Reply #582
I will not play Darkfall on an NA server.

People who want to play on an NA server need to play Rise of Agon. They will have to accept EU ping if they really want to play here.
This game is better suited for EU mentality.

Damn you really are a little pussy douche aren't you?

I should of never stuck up for your little wannabe Dictator ass when everyone was shitting on you for being the Darkfall version of Kim Jong-Un

Reply #583
NA simply has more players and more buyers, which is more $ for New Dawn.

Sorry EU kids. Learn to play NA ping.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #584
everyone knows south africa is where the money's at
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc