Skip to main content

Recent Posts

Like right after, i mean measured in seconds right after ;)
General Discussion / Re: Ub3rgames Appreciation Thread
Last post by corpusc -
[.....] was nonetheless absolutely, brilliantly, on the right track - that is, until they decided to launch while the majority of their own implementations exist in half or quarter states, others are not to be included in launch at all [....]

ummm, this is exactly why i said " "finished game" ".

you said "half or quarter states".
that means "half finished" or "quarter finished".

i was just saying your viewpoint of what a "finished game", while important to you,
is irrelevant to their plans, and the wishes of most Darkfall fans.

releasing the game does NOTHING to stop continual progress with the game.
it in fact HELPS TREMENDOUSLY with the further testing of things.
look at the tons of Early Access games on Steam that are MAKING A KILLING
from players KNOWINGLY CHOOSING to take part in the progression of an
"unfinished game" that they care strongly about.

whether its "finished" or not is totally irrelevant to most people nowadays.
they're happy to play and pay to help the game progress.
too bad you aren't.
 lets have a little fun and guess how many minutes after the announcement tomorrow the first salty tears post hits about somebody's quitting / not playing because of the launch server location...

General Discussion / Re: PSA : Abandoned Holdings
Last post by Tolbin -
If you see a group of blues you don't like just keep standing in front of their attacks, when they go grey go ham on them and if they kill you, they'll go red so either way you've won either by killing or losing them alignment and you'll get a cry PM. #thuglife

it's cute you think problems from old DF1 or RoA are problems in New Dawn.

Going to be fun watching the old df clowns attempt this at a spawn that was leveled up by a group
Care to explain how will it be different in ND? Because to me it looks like in ND it will be even worse, because of the engagement system. So if someone tricks player x into going gray and attacks him, friends of player x won't even be able to heal him, because they would all turn gray too?

a leveled up pve spawn(or solo player, then leveled up by the wanna be griefer ) your going to get wrecked trying to stand between the player and a mob.

...and between active blocking/only same race-alliance clans are blue so no grey friendly fire/massive gold costs for a war Dec/alignment graves, every spell that effects another player in anyway does a alignment-damage check, there is no easy way to grief and they have done about all you can do for an open world pvp game to stop it.

but I'm sure the tough kids above will try lol

and once you make a mistake you are red, and that is hard to reverse. But of course it will be tried, and some number of new players who don't understand the game will quit, and toxic noob tankers will think they are the coolest thing ever.
General Discussion / Re: PSA : Abandoned Holdings
Last post by mezferic -
But you assume the tough kids will care about being red?

racial red players (and ARC clans) will have the highest % of quitters.

Less rewards, can't ally blue clans or effect their clan alignment, still take alignment hits trying to live out of the chaos cities, can only shop at merchants who set up shop in chaos cities which will be nobody, no fast travel so no easy escape if they move into your chaos city and that's where you bank at. Being red vs your race is going to really suck.
Nice sig. We need more people with ubergames bullshit in their sig to preserve these moments.
Me and the boys are fed up we are happy to come home to Lux now and disband Giants, our secret ally was long found out by master detectives anyway.
General Discussion / Re: Make a great announcement
Last post by Mycke -
Oh, a Q&A
Well...even that wouldnt do much.

The trailer needs to be good.
And i dont mean...oh look at the pretty world and that you can walk around in it.
They need to actually take the time to explain the game, the game mechanics, the lore, the intent, the ...everything.

No new players care about the combat changes, the changes to combat diversity...
Because none of that has meaning to them, they dont even know what wall of force does...why would they care.
(though i agree, the intent of combat roles is something you can mention. Its just...too abstract for somebody who knows nothing about the game).

As for people that have tried any DF iteration in the past. The roadmap alone should give them a good idea of where this game is headed. They are good on answering questions in the dedicated subforum for it. And there's still plenty of people to answer questions should they be busy.

Only the lazy want the devs to answer questions that you could already have answers to.

I think too many just have little business understanding or experience to use as a reference so they just go with what the AAA games do, not understanding the why or how. They think the only way to successfully launch a game is to spend millions in advertisement so you can draw 10x as many people even though almost all will quit very shortly. This creates huge up front costs with extra servers, staff and especially advertising that may come back in the short run with launch numbers, but take too much up front capital and this is what they dont understand.

This game will launch with 10-20k people (prob closer to 10) and there is little in their means to make it otherwise, for if this game ever reached higher pops it would be because of word of mouth that it was good.
Guides and Player Help / Re: shadow knight advice
Last post by CeliahAiley -
Chill
General Discussion / Re: Make a great announcement
Last post by Nuyur -
Oh, a Q&A
Well...even that wouldnt do much.

The trailer needs to be good.
And i dont mean...oh look at the pretty world and that you can walk around in it.
They need to actually take the time to explain the game, the game mechanics, the lore, the intent, the ...everything.

No new players care about the combat changes, the changes to combat diversity...
Because none of that has meaning to them, they dont even know what wall of force does...why would they care.
(though i agree, the intent of combat roles is something you can mention. Its just...too abstract for somebody who knows nothing about the game).

As for people that have tried any DF iteration in the past. The roadmap alone should give them a good idea of where this game is headed. They are good on answering questions in the dedicated subforum for it. And there's still plenty of people to answer questions should they be busy.

Only the lazy want the devs to answer questions that you could already have answers to.