Skip to main content

Topic: Monster Loot (Read 1383 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Monster Loot
Reply #30
I would love to be able to find randomly enchanted weapons.  Random weapon and randome enchant.  Not really like the old key system items, but weapons from any monster in the game, just at a very rare chance.

Nope, no gear dropped from mobs. Mobs should drop raw stuff and money only that don't affect crafters.

I 100% agree that it needs to not effect crafters, and mob dropped stuff does effect crafters.  But it simple is not fun to explore in this version of darkfall on a pve aspect because you know nothing special is going to happen. 

Exploring is fun in a pvp aspect because something might happen unexpected.

I still feel there needs to be a very low chance to find a randomly enchanted, random rank weapon from monsters.  Ultima Online had this and they seemed to be able to still have a craft driven economy.  The thing to remember is items must be ultra rare.  Nothing like the old drop rates for justice bringers, infernal, or full plate.

It doesn't even have to be monsters dropping items, but something must happen to make PvE exploration fun and exciting.  

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #31
But again, incompetence reigns supreme in Darkfall.

And you think you are smart one here? Lol.
In Unholy Wars mobs dropped "broken weapons" to salvage in return some ingots, this can be a better idea instead of low dura weapons, because even if they are low dura they can be used for pvp.

It doesn't even have to be monsters dropping items, but something must happen to make PvE exploration fun and exciting.

Broken items to salvage, exp scrolls, etc... see above, i'm ok with evertything but no stuff than can be crafted.
  • Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 05:27:16 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #32
In Unholy Wars mobs dropped "broken weapons" to salvage in return some ingots, this can be a better idea instead of low dura weapons, because even if they are low dura they can be used for pvp.
  • Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:03:15 pm by Seronys

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxvjYE39MTQ

This is what I think of everytime you post and it fills me with joy

• Hitom
  • [*][*]
Reply #34
Broken items to salvage, exp scrolls, etc... see above, i'm ok with evertything but no stuff than can be crafted.

Gnoll armor sets, goblin armor sets, etc, equivalent to rank 30/40 armors with random dura. Adds immersion to the game and doesn't make crafted gear any less desirable. 

Reply #35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxvjYE39MTQ

This is what I think of everytime you post and it fills me with joy

That is, in fact, actually me.

Gnoll armor sets, goblin armor sets, etc, equivalent to rank 30/40 armors with random dura. Adds immersion to the game and doesn't make crafted gear any less desirable. 

Nothing makes crafted gear any less desirable, fnights is a fucking idiot.

Crafted gear always had more damage on weapons, and better protections than mob dropped gear. People would always prefer to farm in crafted gear instead of shit breaking on you.

He points out how people would take them to PVP and doesn't realize that: You can still take low dura crafted gear to pvp and have it break, and that person is still at a disadvantage due to the subpar damage/protections.

Meaning: If there was a way to make low dura gear actually useful, say with a flat 10% material return, people would A. prefer to receive the materials, but B. could also use the garbage quality equipment, except it still has value, so even when you kill the person using it, you aren't receiving nothing. Also, certain mobs/farming might actually be more fun/worthwhile, derp de der.

Let me reiterate: fnights is a fucking idiot, anything he says should be disregarded.
  • Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:14:59 pm by Seronys

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

• Hitom
  • [*][*]
Reply #36
Let me reiterate: fnights is a fucking idiot, anything he says should be disregarded.

jajajaja. get a room you two allready.

Reply #37
Its crazy to expect loot to not totally suck....

Reply #38
Something something something Vision

Something something something why dont u just go play RoA then?
Dont let your memes be dreams

Reply #39
wow why is almost every comment a go play ROA are guys really that butt hurt and jelly of ROA?
is this how the overseas EU players really are? I thought they was smart and well mannered.
ok before you say it ill go ahead and ablige   " GO PLAY ROA THEN!"

Reply #40
An even simpler solution than mob dropped gear that has low dura and dura affects gear stats is to have mob dropped gear be unable to be enchanted.

We can all see that enchanted high level gear is the endgame, that creates a material difference and still leaves a demand for crafted enchanted quality merchandise.

I think the game has gone too far in its drop frugality. I know its very much a work in progress and it will be addressed *soon, but I hope Uber consider this thread when doing so.

The current system is a bit like Trump's tariffs *ducks*.
Chunder McBushpig
Token Horde Australian

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #41
So peoples version of fun is finding mostly destroyed crap gear and swords which effect the economy in major ways and no one really cares about? We are STUCK in the past in those regards. Dealing with junk loot isn't a great feature and most mmos have moved away from junk loot altogether.

There should be uncommon and rare drops for Meditation. Make a very rare drop to increase alignment.  None of these should be effected by scaling

With the way spawn scaling works, I don't want to see anything more really added to mob spawns. Then clans don't even have to gather? All they have to do is scale mob spawns, recycle broken weapons and gear plus all other loot? WHAT A TREAT!

I am all for a recycler though, available to the laborer, in each Capital.
  • Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 02:28:50 am by PANZERBUNNY

Reply #42
Go read the holy road-map

Reply #43
I want to wear some Black Knight armor again. 
Craft it, drop it; I just want it!

Reply #44
I got a cottage deed from a green level mob. But ya in general i think the loot isn't overly exciting. Adding rareish
cosmetic items to the game as drops would be nice.  Hats , Wep auras, ect .