Skip to main content

Topic: DF1 - my personal suggestions (Read 950 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: DF1 - my personal suggestions
Reply #15
We liked the feat system, it was one of the interesting things UW did, and we will probably add an achievement system providing meditation points. It will be just another way to help out new players and casual to catch up.
But it is a lot of work and creating a system that does not exist yet, so it is very low priority. It will be fine in an update after launch, when a gap will actually exist.

We already planned to add meditation points to all quests and increase the amount of daily quests both in dungeons but also through the racial sub factions. Which again should help new players and casuals remain in the game.
That's also why we want to keep meditation offline, it prevents double dipping. if you play a lot, you already progress a lot and don't need meditation as much.

As an unrelated side note, we also have a concept for player driven bounties:
- Go at an NPC, pay a bounty to get a target ganked once.
- Players can go at the NPC to pick up the bounty quest, gank the target and come back to get the reward.
- There will be limitations like no friends/clan/alliance members and no new characters can pick up the bounty. (to avoid exploits)
- There will be also a "bounty board" fee of 10% gold getting destroyed in the process.
- With skill decay on gank, it will be a player driven reputation system.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
Why not? This is necessary to decrease the hybrid oneside build and force everyone to grind and macro everything, a huge issue that make Darkfall a desert.

There were alot more factors in Darkfall becoming deserted.. and alot of those factors are addressed by DnD's changes

I know you want to defend your ideas, but I think you will be happy with what DnD will do ultimately

I'm absolutely open to more ideas, for example i like the title system they propose with skill decay, expecially for dedicated crafters. We are here to discuss alternatives and features after all.

As i said numerous times, i just made suggestions on what i think the issues were more blatant (i think you agree that grind, jack of all trades oneside build, non existent economy, lack of content apart pvp,  were the one of the main reasons why people leave), devs have their vision and they will decide what to do no matter how much i QQ, i'm still a nonfactor in the end.

I just loved the Darkfall concept as a whole, loved the fluid combat, the races, the landscape, the hardcore pvp open world without safezones, the freedom you feel when you run around, so much potential wasted under Av management, i just want the game succed and for this reason more people are needed to populated a vaste open world as Agon is, and to cover the enormous expenditures and infrastructure the game demand.
  • Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 03:39:45 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
We liked the feat system, it was one of the interesting things UW did, and we will probably add an achievement system providing meditation points. It will be just another way to help out new players and casual to catch up.
But it is a lot of work and creating a system that does not exist yet, so it is very low priority. It will be fine in an update after launch, when a gap will actually exist.

We already planned to add meditation points to all quests and increase the amount of daily quests both in dungeons but also through the racial sub factions. Which again should help new players and casuals remain in the game.
That's also why we want to keep meditation offline, it prevents double dipping. if you play a lot, you already progress a lot and don't need meditation as much.

As an unrelated side note, we also have a concept for player driven bounties:
- Go at an NPC, pay a bounty to get a target ganked once.
- Players can go at the NPC to pick up the bounty quest, gank the target and come back to get the reward.
- There will be limitations like no friends/clan/alliance members and no new characters can pick up the bounty. (to avoid exploits)
- There will be also a "bounty board" fee of 10% gold getting destroyed in the process.
- With skill decay on gank, it will be a player driven reputation system.

Amazing, indeed feats will require work since you have to make it from scratch (maybe you can ask AV if they send the code from UW), so using the actual ingame quest and expand them as a daily routine would work too, expecially if you gain meditation points.
Didn't think about it, but yea, meditation points are experience after all so is a great idea and reward system.

Like also your bounty system.

The more metagames you introduce the betteris for the game.
  • Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:58:51 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues