Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Update 1.5 - Skinning and scaling overhaul (Read 2321 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Discussion: Update 1.5 - Skinning and scaling overhaul
Reply #75
flesh golem nerf sucks working on alchemy seen that don't wanna log in

Reply #76
Agree on the Flesh Golem nerf. It felt wrong. The mob was super easy and dropped way too many Giant Bone for that difficulty and respawn timer.

Reply #77
Robe and Bone armor requiring, from the lower lvl, enchanting mats to make was not a good choice. Now you have one variable impacting multiple aspects of the game.

Kobold bone is now too easy to get (outputting 400 kobold bones an hour in a good spawn currently, which is nuts). Giant bone is way too hard, considering you ALSO need a good chunk of thick leather to go with it. And that's hitting enchanters too...

(And in the meanwhile, staff recipes are still not fixed and r80s are way cheaper than anything above r40s).
@Asdrael These numbers sound fine to me. Even with a price 50each (which means bone set at 5-6k) it's not a crazy profit, 20k per hour. There are far more profitable mobs.
Dunnin Dainstaff - TTD

Reply #78
Agree on the Flesh Golem nerf. It felt wrong. The mob was super easy and dropped way too many Giant Bone for that difficulty and respawn timer.

i dunno it was hit and miss, just before this patch, it was 5 minute respawn, without title in 30 mins i got 0 giant bone, 5 golem bile 5 nith, 6 vile spikes and 40 bone... none of which failed, was just terrible RNG, but an hour solo was 100-179 was constant for an hour solo (without then with title), so whether the spawn was just bugged until recently or not i dunno, but i hope it spawns faster now cause 5 mins respawn for 2-4 bone is terrible.

Reply #79
It's not 2-4 bone.  It's 2-4 bone for someone with 0 skinning, 20 wisdom and no Skinning Title.  For someone maxed with title it'll be 5 average per skin.  But even though it's an easy mob, I think it's new loot is too light when compared to a comparable slow-spawn MOB like the Crog.

Crog drops Q3 Horn (!!), Q3 bone, thick leather, tons of meat, tons of q1 quartz.  This seems OP but in practice it's balanced by the very slow respawn.  IMO the Flesh Golem is comparably slow spawn and comparable difficulty, and SHOULD have good loot.  With the nerf, it's just not worth farming.
  • Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 03:26:41 am by Rimamok

Reply #80
It's not 2-4 bone.  It's 2-4 bone for someone with 0 skinning, 20 wisdom and no Skinning Title.  For someone maxed with title it'll be 5 average per skin.  But even though it's an easy mob, I think it's new loot is too light when compared to a comparable slow-spawn MOB like the Crog.

I killed 3 earlier with like 60 skinning 75 wis and 100 title and got 4 6 4.

Reply #81
@Ub3rgames What is the total number, for a base, uncontested starting cap on a VCP per person in mediatation points?

-and to follow up on that, have you checked to make sure all the racial lands are equal for NPC-Dungeon/kill quest mediatation points? I ask because I'm finding the dwarf lands seem to be extremely easy to keep around a 30k base compared to alfar lands in 15-30 mins play time.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #82
Thank for the patch Ub3r.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #83
Solid patch and my main reason to not play has been addressed (rewarding gameplay aka loot tables). Still dont like the respawn mechanic, but now WoS is more or less gone, so good direction.

Reply #84

Reply #85
Pretty significant giant bone nerf across the map.  Not so bad for tailors above 50 mastery.  Not so bad for Alchemists already at 100.  Whatever you say, Stone Cold Steve Austin!

Reply #86
Overall, this patch is another step in the right direction. Another one down, many more steps to go.
===You can't have manslaughter without laughter===

Reply #87
Nice patch, i love the kobold bone drops increase...i can finally farm for a mid tier hybrid armor i can afford to lose without too much worries.
I can finally go around in bone/studded mix even when i am alone instead of having to rely on cheap robes because it took so much time to farm for a thick/giant bone that i couldn't afford to lose my few sets too fast.

Reply #88
Scaling is shit right now. You listened to some solo no lifers and farming is once again not worth it with others... Why should solo be the only way is beyond me...

Farming with others should be slightly better than solo, not too much, but not worse than solo either. And right now it's worse that solo
Dunnin Dainstaff - TTD

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #89
It should be the same as solo. Not worse, not better. The same.