Skip to main content

Topic: Mines (Read 638 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Mines
Reply #15
In other DF when raider hit the mine, clan cared for getting their resource stolen. In DND we can't feel this because game trying to remove drama...

Reply #16
If you have more than about 20 hitting the mine the returns start to drop rapidly and the fill rate slows down dramatically. If you have 20 no-lifers hitting it for 24 hours you will do a bit- not a lot, but a bit- better than the old system. But for most clans the mines are hit just during the prime time and the returns are not excessive.

Yes, no-lifers can abuse about anything, but you can't scale the game for them.

Reply #17
So make up your mind. They are either something that gives value to a holding or an equivalent of a single decent node (hundreds of them in the world).
The difference between a Mine and a decent wilderness node is, that the Mine is per-player hitting it, the wilderness node is not. Thus a Mine gives value to the holding.
There are more nodes in the surrounding area of most holdings than men in any clan tapping the mine. So you are wrong. If mine is just another decent node than it gives no value to the holding really. Yet they claim at the same time that it not only does, but that this is the sole purpose of it being in a holding, to give it value - value of one decent wilderness node... I'm not surprised this game is falling apart. They can't even explain basic game mechanics without contradicting themselves.
  • Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 11:52:55 pm by wildNothing

Reply #18
This felt like the perfect time to chip in. Yes, hitting 1 mine/1 grove with 27 alts grants you 2500 wood/2500 iron+60 rares every 3 hours doing nothing.

Reply #19
This felt like the perfect time to chip in. Yes, hitting 1 mine/1 grove with 27 alts grants you 2500 wood/2500 iron+60 rares every 3 hours doing nothing.
We all know there is a problem with city nodes. All know it but ub3rgames. One decent node - they repeat.
Yet they claim this "single decent node" per player gives value to a holding.
  • Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 05:22:50 pm by wildNothing

Reply #20
Well I'm damn glad the current setup reduces drama, because Darkfall players really dislike conflict.

Reply #21
Pure BS
Dunnin Dainstaff - TTD

Reply #22
Honestly sounds about right.  At our Timber Quarry, I get 130 timber every 90 minutes, or 50 wood.  With 27 characters that would indeed be around 2500 wood in 3 hours.  Doesn't sound like BS to me, it's roughly matching what our clan pulls from our resources. 

Whereas in DFO you could only get, what, 600 timber every 90 minutes TOTAL between all clannies?  So about 500 wood every 3 hours?  Even when we've got 15 people tapping the Timber Quarry, we haven't seemed to hit any reduction in "per person cap".  So we're pulling way more timber than from a DFO timber quarry, and it therefore stands to reason that mines are doing the same.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23

- There is less clan/alliance drama,

yeah there is less drama,but there is 30 alts with unlimited resources.

30 paid accounts.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #24
30 paid accounts.

1 time payment of $12 vs the amount of entertainment time received is probably very favorable when compared to 6 hours at a bar at $13 per cocktail or $6 per beer or when you compare to other hobbies, I've got reserved list magic cards that have spiked in value far more than 30 accounts x $12 since DnD released like playsets of City of Traitors.

Anyways my point is that your point and several others who have pointed out the same thing in other threads would be wrong until a subscription payment system is set up.  There's plenty of people like myself with a modest amount of alts who have no intention on renewing the subscription and only signed them up because we knew we wouldn't be charged a follow-up for them for at least 90 days or more taking into consideration ub3rs pace of achievement.  Yes, it's shameless financial exploitation, or you could say we are doing more to support ub3r right now since they aren't charging any of you subscriptions either, so its only new accounts providing revenue.  Don't blame the player.

• Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 04:45:24 pm by Oddjob