Skip to main content

Topic: Rise of Agon to charge $ for QOL changes New Dawn has now (Read 788 times) previous topic - next topic

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Rise of Agon to charge $ for QOL changes New Dawn has now
Reply #15
ROA's model is a very good one.  And yes, they charge a sub, but you can buy in-game Game Time Tokens from other players.  So at least those players who have more time than money can actually PLAY the game.

If you got more time then money for a 9€ subscription per month you should spend that time different.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #16
ROA's model is a very good one.  And yes, they charge a sub, but you can buy in-game Game Time Tokens from other players.  So at least those players who have more time than money can actually PLAY the game.

If you got more time then money for a 9€ subscription per month you should spend that time different.

I mean ya, but Game Time Tokens don't even cost that much gold last i checked

Maybe prices have gone up since the chaos chest gold increase, but any "winning" player can still easily make enough extra gold to pay for their monthly sub without even trying

At that point why wouldn't you just get game time tokens instead?

That's the great part about catering to "whales" a small group of people pay for the development and monthly subs of many

There's nothing pay to win in the RoA shop as far as myself and basically the entire RoA playerbase is concerned (as OP pointed out there have been virtually zero complaints)

Also RoA is planning to go free to play with cash shop only i believe, not that i think there is anything wrong with having both a sub fee and optional cash shop with tradeable items for extremely NICHE games with no competition

Reply #17
i play for free in dnd since launch... They dont charge money,because they see online is just 100 players.If they will charge money now,they will lose half players.

• Devil
  • [*][*]
Reply #18
I buy dumb stuff all the time... If ROA would put in different colored spells id buy it. If they had a bank sitting outfit that just looked cool and had no functionality id probably buy it. Que a top hat and tux please :)

I've been mmoing for almost 20 years im in my late 30's I have disposable cash.... nothing different then me enjoying my hobby just like some dude who goes and buys some new rims for his car.

• sup
  • [*]
Reply #19
It feels like a large percentage of the people on this forum take every modern successful trend in the gaming industry and want to do the exact opposite of it in DND.

Reply #20

I mean ya, but Game Time Tokens don't even cost that much gold last i checked

Maybe prices have gone up since the chaos chest gold increase, but any "winning" player can still easily make enough extra gold to pay for their monthly sub without even trying

At that point why wouldn't you just get game time tokens instead?

That's the great part about catering to "whales" a small group of people pay for the development and monthly subs of many

There's nothing pay to win in the RoA shop as far as myself and basically the entire RoA playerbase is concerned (as OP pointed out there have been virtually zero complaints)

Also RoA is planning to go free to play with cash shop only i believe, not that i think there is anything wrong with having both a sub fee and optional cash shop with tradeable items for extremely NICHE games with no competition
F2p is the only chance both groups have imo.

Reply #21
I buy dumb stuff all the time... If ROA would put in different colored spells id buy it. If they had a bank sitting outfit that just looked cool and had no functionality id probably buy it. Que a top hat and tux please :)

I've been mmoing for almost 20 years im in my late 30's I have disposable cash.... nothing different then me enjoying my hobby just like some dude who goes and buys some new rims for his car.

i wish we had caravans and i could buy rims and paintjobs for them, even better if you can farm colors and sell your ride after customizing and making it look good
that and the suspension that makes your caravan bounce like a lowrider
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

Can we fix the mental illness signatures?

• sup
  • [*]
Reply #22

i wish we had caravans and i could buy rims and paintjobs for them, even better if you can farm colors and sell your ride after customizing and making it look good
that and the suspension that makes your caravan bounce like a lowrider

lol you joke but I would totally buy some "caravan skin" that looked badass and different than the normal one.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
If anyone here played  AOS UO, I'd buy a valorite platemail skin for my shulgans. Shit, even if it was a one mount use deed you buy from the cash shop, I'm down. FashionFall always wins
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #24
they will lose half players.

Not fair for the few that play with pedals

Reply #25
If anyone here played  AOS UO, I'd buy a valorite platemail skin for my shulgans. Shit, even if it was a one mount use deed you buy from the cash shop, I'm down. FashionFall always wins

UO is the model Darkfall should follow to fill the world with content.  UO had over 100,000 items that weren't combat related within a few expansions.  There are entire lifestyles for players in UO that don't involve combat or pvp.  It seems silly but Darkfall should have things like seeds you grow into plants then water to maintain to decorate your home or holding with.   The world could be filled with sheep who enjoy a dangerous sandbox where they can express their personality through the multitude of aesthetics.

Whichever Darkfall publisher starts releasing patches with thousands of aesthetic items inserted into the game is the one that's going to end up with the largest long term pop, imo.
  • Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 06:36:55 pm by Oddjob

Reply #26
New dawn suggestion forum was overflowing with cool ideas for cosmetics and noncombat things to do many months ago during early indev(look at threads 2 years ago).  They got quite a list of low priority additions and ideas. 

The inn with the option to spend gold to get drunk or make tips with musical instruments that provide buffs (swg rip off?)  Just to briefly mention one.  Take a gander, there's some crazy ones we can only dream about because they wouldn't be getting to it until the entire game is completed with watchtowers and the whole nine yards... easy 2 years from now if it lasts that long.
BOS7