Skip to main content

Topic: Heavy's/light heavys. How are we supposed to enter cities? (Read 577 times) previous topic - next topic

Heavy's/light heavys. How are we supposed to enter cities?
Heavy's/light heavys. How are we supposed to enter cities? Even with a full leather / metal helm gloves boots setup we can't make it into cities easily with unburden. I find myself removing the metal pieces, and still unable to make it into cities. Is this intended? It is beyond demoralizing running around an empty map, not finding anyone, and taking the massive risk that is raiding a city solo and not even being able to get into the city. Then running back for 40 minutes back to your holding. Is this intended? What do I do to improve this? Lvl 80+ launch. 25+ tele and unburden.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Heavy's/light heavys. How are we supposed to enter cities?
Reply #1
First of all, if you run around for 40Min and dont find anyone you doing it wrong. Secondly as heavy meele pusher you should try raiding dungeons.

Third, with the new contrip and regeneration schools added hopefully this week you get a level 100 unburden and 100 launch. Hopefully that helps.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #2
Cities will  be getting walls that you can't get over at all without breaking down a wall section's protections or using a siege ladder*.

Heavies aren't meant to get over city walls without help from mages.

Either lay in wait outside the gates, or find another target.

*"Soon".

Reply #3
Heavy's/light heavys. How are we supposed to enter cities? Even with a full leather / metal helm gloves boots setup we can't make it into cities easily with unburden. I find myself removing the metal pieces, and still unable to make it into cities. Is this intended? It is beyond demoralizing running around an empty map, not finding anyone, and taking the massive risk that is raiding a city solo and not even being able to get into the city. Then running back for 40 minutes back to your holding. Is this intended? What do I do to improve this? Lvl 80+ launch. 25+ tele and unburden.

Unburden, then levitate on the wall, then launch....your welcome

Reply #4
Cities will  be getting walls that you can't get over at all without breaking down a wall section's protections or using a siege ladder*.

Heavies aren't meant to get over city walls without help from mages.

Either lay in wait outside the gates, or find another target.

*"Soon".
BUILD THAT WALL.  Billion dollar walls scaled by 25$ ladders. 

Reply #5

carry battlespikes
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #6
Robe up, launch over, regear in a corner for 2 minutes.

Reply #7
Robe up, launch over, regear in a corner for 2 minutes.

Lmao for 2 minutes. That's awesome.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
You can't anyway with coming changes to city walls unless you use a raid stone or a ladder. Battles will be outside, rare nodes will be moved outside too while player towns will be a more safe place.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #9
This is not DFO. We, as a community of assholes, must come up with new ways to be dicks. Adapt or Die.
They say you are what you eat
I took the star outta starvation.

Reply #10
for the same reason fire ball doesnt send heavys 50ft in the air anymore.

heavy meele pushers always want their cake and eat it too
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #11

I'm not sure if you've played a heavy, but Unburden does not remove the gravity that heavy players incur when wearing heavy armor.

Reply #12

I'm not sure if you've played a heavy, but Unburden does not remove the gravity that heavy players incur when wearing heavy armor.

ivar is a known low IQ moron

the only places ive been raiding is where its easy to get over walls.

e.g. khosgar, mad shral, etc

and sadly, yes, the map is mostly empty during NA times. Theres hardly anything worth farming for anything outside of gains, so just check highest tier mob spawns and known zergling holdings.
  • Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 04:00:06 am by water_wizard
LOUNGE LIZARD/SKY

Reply #13
wallcup simulator.

Sounds like trammel.

Everybody knows if you're game isn't too hardcore it'll turn soft in minutes. Hurray the masses!

Reply #14
personally, i like to use the public chat tool to taunt my opponents into leaving their dwellings.