Skip to main content

Recent Posts

General Discussion / Re: Still best game on the MMO market
Last post by sjzdx -
I agree with what you are saying.  The majority of players who play this game dont post on the forums.  Look at my post count.  Been in game since beginning of indev.  The majority who use these forums it seems are people who are disgruntled, already left the game or potential new players looking to decide if they want to join.   I occasionally look at forums for the videos but get caught reading some of the posts every now and then. 

As for people quitting silently,  If they want to add constructive criticism that is what the suggestion section in the forums is for.  But to constantly post over and over and complain on forums for a game they dont play doesnt seem like a good investment in time to me.  It doesnt seem constructive to the community or the future of the game either.
General Discussion / Re: Ub3rgames - Status
Last post by SomeBK -
Working on his resume more likely
Would obviously be the smartest thing to do. Lock in a job before the company is dissolved
General Discussion / Re: SHIELD DISCUSSION
Last post by MKH -
Not many players would wear a bludgeoning enchant, myself included. Where Biggo (I take it you're testing with him) users q4 slashing enchant, because he faces 90% of the server using slashing damage.

You can't test vs his setup, unless you use the same enchanted gear for his damage, the same keen on weapon and have the same titles. Bludgeoning does more damage to heavies, that's always been the case.

Get a mage, and compare the range, arc and dps you can do!

This is dnd, they made it into a mini class game, where builds would have their + & - vs other builds.

Someone picking all melee titles is going to do more dps in melee than someone not taking all melee titles.

Rings and necklaces should be ingame from day 1, if removing the extra slot, stops all this nonsense about 1h vs 2h, then remove it.

1h would still wear a slashing enchant, but they would lose stam enchant. And no one would take bludgeoning enchant, so it won't change that much. 2h would still be the best all round weapon! Just like they're now!

No need to go that hostile with it. Removing enchant slot would change quite a bit the situation, I mean if you get around 4 less damage cause of  the enchant it's a very significant change. We were in comparable gear melee wise. In ranged I had worse gear since I didn't have piercing enchant but on melee wise we were in same gear essentially.  I would not enchant bludgeoning prot for my gear so he would always hit the same to me and in melee weps we had equal rank and enchant.

Now if you take away shield slot for enchant and then he would go slashing over stam eff I could Stat game him since he would definitely struggle with stam the longer the fight. Now that he has q4 or 3 stam eff enchant he ain't gonna stam out. And I'm not here making any ultimatum or saying game is completely imbalanced I'm just saying currently 1hander is bit too strong in melee against other melee types since you dont  have to play timed parry to make it efficient.  So with out the enchant slot it would be closer in balance I think but as said before it paper rock shiccors atm. And 1hander counters 2handers basically same as mage is a lot stronger against 1hander than 2hander.
Last post by Giant -
Not many players would wear a bludgeoning enchant, myself included. Where Biggo (I take it you're testing with him) users q4 slashing enchant, because he faces 90% of the server using slashing damage.

You can't test vs his setup, unless you use the same enchanted gear for his damage, the same keen on weapon and have the same titles. Bludgeoning does more damage to heavies, that's always been the case.

Get a mage, and compare the range, arc and dps you can do!

This is dnd, they made it into a mini class game, where builds would have their + & - vs other builds.

Someone picking all melee titles is going to do more dps in melee than someone not taking all melee titles.

Rings and necklaces should be ingame from day 1, if removing the extra slot, stops all this nonsense about 1h vs 2h, then remove it.

1h would still wear a slashing enchant, but they would lose stam enchant. And no one would take bludgeoning enchant, so it won't change that much. 2h would still be the best all round weapon! Just like they're now! 
Last post by gosti -
Timed parry with 2h isn't as viable as with 1handers because:
- less dmg reduction with perfect block
- slower weapons, meaning can't timed block every 1hander swing and still hit your enemy. You can block every 2hander swing and still hit with 1hander+shield. (we're talking 1h vs 2h here, right?)

I agree 1handers are MUCH worse vs any mage. Actually when i saw 1hander user as a mage i intentionally pushed him very close range so he changed from bow to 1hander trying to land that 1 hit and still failing because of knockups and his weak range/arc.

I also agree fighting 1hander users as a 2hander user sucks big time...

Rock-paper-scissors.
Last post by MKH -
@MKH that's not right. Seeing that we tested it. Having the same gear, same slashing enchant same titles, and you will see near the same damage. Making out 1h does double the damage is just retardedly funny. If Ub3games wasn't fucking useless or bankrupt, that could have added Rings and Necklace back into game by now which would make the shield enchant slot, undesirable! 

I have no plans to log on to this dead game, but I welcome vids showing the same setup where 1h does double damage?????

Have to test again tonight if I get clanies to test with. But numbers were just like that but it could be cause they were using clubs. But then again I doubt it since I didn't have slahinh enchant on my gear. They enchants were piercing encumbrance and slahsing on shield. And damage were what I wrote but as said they were wearing more heavy pieces than me. But anyways in any fight I could not go into melee at all since they hit 10 more per swing.

And gear were shredder with mostly FP some thickleather on them. And q4 slashing enchant.
Last post by Giant -
@MKH that's not right. Seeing that we tested it. Having the same gear, same slashing enchant same titles, and you will see near the same damage. Making out 1h does double the damage is just retardedly funny. 

So with 1h and shield vs 2h, you get timed parry option and 1 more enchantable slot losing reach, right? Dps is the same when trading hits

Arc, range and DPS vs anyone not having shield out. (Even 1h shield get caught with a bow or staff out) Vs Mages 2h is far superior.
You can time parry with a 2h lol HELLLOOOOOOOO have you played this game?????
Last post by sileno80 -
@MKH that's not right. Seeing that we tested it. Having the same gear, same slashing enchant same titles, and you will see near the same damage. Making out 1h does double the damage is just retardedly funny. 

So with 1h and shield vs 2h, you get timed parry option and 1 more enchantable slot loosing reach, right? Dps is the same when trading hits

Last post by Giant -
@MKH that's not right. Seeing that we tested it. Having the same gear, same slashing enchant same titles, and you will see near the same damage. Making out 1h does double the damage is just retardedly funny. If Ub3games wasn't fucking useless or bankrupt, that could have added Rings and Necklace back into game by now which would make the shield enchant slot, undesirable! 

I have no plans to log on to this dead game, but I welcome vids showing the same setup where 1h does double damage?????
Last post by sileno80 -
1h+shield auto-wins against all other melee types, even if you are a mage

reach is irrelevant after reach was changed

either change how shield/resistances/blocking works, or buff 2h dps

Arent you using daggers? If so, isnt trading hits still in your favour against a 1h and shield user? It should be, right?