Skip to main content

Topic: Regarding a certain other game (Read 452 times) previous topic - next topic

Regarding a certain other game
No, not that game.

But EVE Online has after 15 years just announced, believe it or not, instanced dungeons. And at the same time also introducing "transmuted" gear with stats tthorugh the process randomly become either better than anything, or trash.

I don't like it - do you think it has any relevance for DND or RoA? We know that Ub3r devs have drawn much of their inspiration from there.
  • Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:55:00 am by CistaCista

Re: Regarding a certain other game
Reply #1
Move this thread to off-topic, I don't give a fuck about EVE the online spaceship simulator for 70 year old men who can't handle stimulating game play.
dodgy bastard

Reply #2
Move this thread to off-topic, I don't give a fuck about EVE the online spaceship simulator for 70 year old men who can't handle stimulating game play.

you're literally playing a game that takes inspiration from that spreadsheet simulator.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #3

you're literally playing a game that takes inspiration from that spreadsheet simulator.
Every games takes inspiration from every other before like Tetris for example doesn't mean I care about it.
dodgy bastard

Reply #4

Every games takes inspiration from every other before like Tetris for example doesn't mean I care about it.

then you're stupid, they're trying to make this darkfall more like EVE.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5

They're trying to emulate the success of Eves totally player-run economy you insufferable fuckwit.

Saying 'They're trying to make it more like eve' as a generalisation isn't exactly accurate, and completely unrelated to OP.

Stay braindead
  • Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 11:32:13 am by MNO

Reply #6
We know that Ub3r devs have drawn much of their inspiration from there.
Yeah? Like when? Can you give any examples? Local banking I guess? Is local banking EVE's invention? Anything else than local banking that inspired ub3r? I see little resemblance if any in implementations done by ub3r.

Even markets when implemented where visible only locally, so it was different than in EVE. Only when they realized how stupid it is they changed it. Same with resources available everywhere - all ub3r changed is yeld based on distance, not resource availability - again - totally different.

I'm sure they said that they draw inspiration from highly successful game, but do they really? Or maybe it ends with words, as always in case of this studio?
  • Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 11:39:03 am by wildNothing

Reply #7
I'll take no for 500. UW did it right, banegorge dungeon best dungeon.

Reply #8

They're trying to emulate the success of Eves totally player-run economy you insufferable fuckwit.

Saying 'They're trying to make it more like eve' as a generalisation isn't exactly accurate, and completely unrelated to OP.

Stay braindead

They also managed to emulate EVE's terrible travel but then took out all the auto-pilot systems.

Reply #9

Stay braindead

Wrong.

They've started dumbing the game down so their target audience of 60 year old retirees can compete with actual FPS players, and it's only going to get worse once they realize that those are the only people that will continue to subscribe.

Stay clueless shit tier.

• Otoan
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #10

Stay braindead

And my what a great job they've done!
Next time you post @Otoan try and actually know what your talking about or at least try and pretend