Skip to main content

Topic: How many more months? (Read 1184 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: How many more months?
Reply #15
Awesome!!!  I REALLY don't like the skill/attribute limits though.  Pay2Win will SUCK for the players who can't afford it.  And we can't afford to lose them as players!!!

Reply #16
Freemium, that won't gimp PvP but otherwise is restrictive.

Eg
- can't be promoted past lieutenant
-harvests at 1/3 speed and can't take crafting or harvesting titles (to prevent unlimited afk crafting/harvesting alts
- can't sail ships, use cannons or place siegestones
Etc

This way, anyone that CAN afford a sub will want one.  And anyone that truly CABT afford a sub can still play (and we surely want them!!!  We need POP)

Plus cosmetic cash shop to squeeze every penny from the rich.

@Ub3rgames must consider other options

It's already in the game
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,1520.msg46793.html#msg46793

Patch 3.6:
New Trial Accounts features:
- Added restrictions related to Trial Accounts:
  - Cannot go past certain skill and attribute levels,
  - Cannot harvest except skinning,
  - Cannot create clan,
  - Cannot be promoted,
  - Cannot pilot warhulks,
  - Cannot own a house,
  - Cannot pilot a ship but can use ship cannons.
- Level limitations will not be used for this stress test, we need people to level up and test high end gains in groups.

and why isnt this a thing?

Reply #17
Awesome!!!  I REALLY don't like the skill/attribute limits though.  Pay2Win will SUCK for the players who can't afford it.  And we can't afford to lose them as players!!!

It's a trial, they know what they are getting into before they even try it. With that said, it's frontloaded anyway, if limits are like 75 or something then it's a non issue.

Eg
-harvests at 1/3 speed and can't take crafting or harvesting titles (to prevent unlimited afk crafting/harvesting alts
Etc

This way, anyone that CAN afford a sub will want one.  And anyone that truly CABT afford a sub can still play (and we surely want them!!!  We need POP)

It's already in the game

Patch 3.6:
  - Cannot create clan,
  - Cannot be promoted,
  - Cannot pilot warhulks,
  - Cannot own a house,
- Level limitations will not be used for this stress test, we need people to level up and test high end gains in groups.

I would wager that since the introduction of titles/crafting and mob scaling, that this system needs more work again now.

Couldn't allow a trial account to scale mobs either really, or pick the processing title or buy mastery crafts.

That said, I'd wager they will be here when Ubergames finish racial warfare changes and magic tweaks.

Reply #18

It's a trial, they know what they are getting into before they even try it. With that said, it's frontloaded anyway, if limits are like 75 or something then it's a non issue.

Eg
Etc

It's already in the game

Patch 3.6:
  - Cannot create clan,
  - Cannot be promoted,
  - Cannot pilot warhulks,
  - Cannot own a house,

I would wager that since the introduction of titles/crafting and mob scaling, that this system needs more work again now.

Couldn't allow a trial account to scale mobs either really, or pick the processing title or buy mastery crafts.

That said, I'd wager they will be here when Ubergames finish racial warfare changes and magic tweaks.

Well a least its in place

Reply #19
If i remember well they said they will reactivate free trials down the line but probably they don't feel like the game is ready for that yet.
If someone try a free trial and don't like the game now, it is higly unlikely he will come back a few weeks/months later to try it again and see if he likes it now.
So they have to let people free trial the game when they feel it is ready, in order to try retaining most of those new players

Reply #20
I dont think you even play or have the slightest clue what they have done, actually after reading your post im positive of it.
I don't follow what you mean if you're trying to say he's flat out wrong.

I'd say half (maybe even less than that) has been implemented

For the mentally impaired, the original post has no bolding, that bolding is his and is what he thinks they have done compared to not.

I started to, but then realized it was going to be too tedious since some things in schools were half changed, which you can tell by me stopping at earth. As it seems, most people didn't put any stock in that because they werent grasping at whatever straw they could find to discredit my post. But yeah everyone else is definitely mentally impaired because they didn't make the same pathetic inference that you did.

Even if what you said was correct, is the point of my post incorrect? They haven't implemented at least half of this and they posted it on February 1st. Most people assumed this stuff was around 2-4 weeks away at the time they posted it. Now we're halfway through April and we're at half-mast on arguably some of the least impactful changes to the game. Almost everything being developed here has to be changed due to the already terrible changes that Ub3r made in the first place, like making almost all magic utility useless. They had to put in months of development time to tweak those things just to make them useful once again and they're only half done.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
It's Mycke bro, biggest fucking glass house on these boards. We're already into page two because this idiot trolled from the second post in
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #22
It's Mycke bro, biggest fucking glass house on these boards. We're already into page two because this idiot trolled from the second post in

The irony of the SaD trolls talking about glass houses o.0

Reply #23
I dont think you even play or have the slightest clue what they have done, actually after reading your post im positive of it.

For the mentally impaired, the original post has no bolding, that bolding is his and is what he thinks they have done compared to not.

I started to, but then realized it was going to be too tedious since some things in schools were half changed, which you can tell by me stopping at earth. As it seems, most people didn't put any stock in that because they werent grasping at whatever straw they could find to discredit my post. But yeah everyone else is definitely mentally impaired because they didn't make the same pathetic inference that you did.

Even if what you said was correct, is the point of my post incorrect? They haven't implemented at least half of this and they posted it on February 1st. Most people assumed this stuff was around 2-4 weeks away at the time they posted it. Now we're halfway through April and we're at half-mast on arguably some of the least impactful changes to the game. Almost everything being developed here has to be changed due to the already terrible changes that Ub3r made in the first place, like making almost all magic utility useless. They had to put in months of development time to tweak those things just to make them useful once again and they're only half done.

I guess people dont see a problem with the slow dev game pace , you do maybe this isn't the game for you?I mean what is the purpose of your post?

Reply #24

I guess people dont see a problem with the slow dev game pace , you do maybe this isn't the game for you?I mean what is the purpose of your post?

Nobody is happy with the pace of development genius. PvP'r, crafters, nobody actually playing the game is happy with the current development pace.

Mycke is our forum autism champion.

Reply #25
note all these things were supposed to be in at launch, were almost 3 months in now
thank god theyre not charging a sub, game is f2p if you bought it and most people still dont even login
  • Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 09:47:25 pm by inkarnation
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #26
game is f2p if you bought it and most people still dont even login
Shit, it's true. This is so bad. Wonder how ub3rgames feels about it. Will they ever apologize to us?

Reply #27
They should prolly just make a statement like hey guys this is early access(under development) we will relaunch the game in few months have no sub until then. And of course not wipe

Make some nice visuals and make a nice roadmap with detailed outline on steam wait a few months launch
  • Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 10:40:39 pm by amejis85

Reply #28
They should prolly just make a statement like hey guys this is early access we will relaunch the game in few months have no sub until then. And of course not wipe

Yep might as well make it offficial since thats pretty much happening anyway lol

Reply #29
They should prolly just make a statement like hey guys this is early access(under development) we will relaunch the game in few months have no sub until then. And of course not wipe

Make some nice visuals and make a nice roadmap with detailed outline on steam wait a few months launch
They had their chance. Not sure if people will come again. They fucked up and I'm sure they are aware of this. For us this is a game. For them a job. How fucking bad must they be to fuck this up this bad.