Skip to main content

Topic: How many more months? (Read 1181 times) previous topic - next topic

How many more months?

Now we'll talk about the coming features with a high impact on a player's medium to long term decision making.
Just like for the racial passives, we want players to make an informed choice.

Planned ARAC clan limitations:
It is important to spread the word for clans to be ARAC only by choice.
Gameplay will drastically change for them if they do not heed this warning.

Members of a clan will be rogue based on their clan's settings in Clans->Configuration :
- Rogue: If the clan is evil and/or accept members of different racial alliances.
- Rogue: If the clan is allied to a clan that is rogue or made up of a different racial alliance.
- If a member of a blue clan becomes red, he will be automatically kicked.
- If an ally of a blue clan becomes red or rogue, the alliance will be automatically dropped.

The idea is that it really stems from the leaders choice of how they set up their clan.
If they alter the configuration to get a red player in, or ally a rogue clan voluntarily, then and only then, will the clan become rogue.

Planned magic and combat changes:

We still have three weapon types we feel are under-tuned:
- Clubs and Greatclubs: better damage, increased stamina drain on power attack.
- Polearms: Better damage and reach, change of the power attack to do a melee slow.

Now on to magic changes, we will have two utility schools split between regeneration skills and cantrips.
These two schools and their spells will start maxed out at the exception of mana missile.
They are the base toolkit for a mage.

Regeneration:
- Heal Self
- Mana to Stamina
- Stamina to Health
- Heath to Mana

Cantrips:
- Mana missile: only exception that needs to level. May have velocity increased to better serve underwater.
- Heal mount: no reagents.
- Hasten spells.
- Launch: with a stronger effect borrowed from Shrapnel.
- Beacon: no reagents.
- Begone: minimal power increased.
- Confusion.
- Telekinesis: No reagents, minimal power increased.
- Unburden.
- Light: when dropped/unlocked.

Arcane Magic:
- Will no longer do stamina damage.
- Mana damage increased to 40% of health damage.
- Wall of Force: minimal effect buffed to almost always be useful. Maximal effect slightly buffed.
- Reflect spells: Remain as is.
- Mana drain at lvl 1.
- Lend Mana at lvl 40: Linked to durable spells.
- Mana leech at lvl 50: Linked to mana efficiency.

Air Magic:
- Stormblast: buffed to be useful.
- Come Hither: will gain around 60 impact protection.
- Lightning strike: will be reviewed to be less glitchy/floaty.

Earth Magic:
- Meteor strike: will be placed outside of the r90 shared cooldown.
- Earthquake: will be usable while moving, with potential increase in non-self damage. Linked to school.

Fire Magic:
- Magma Storm: will be placed outside the r90 shared cooldown. Will lose damage but have faster casting speed.
- Inferno: will lose its knockup effect. Will gain slightly more damage.
- Fireball: Fixed/non floaty effect. Effect may be impacted more by title to prevent being madatory pick. Up to community debate.
- Wall of fire: Have effect better tailored to be an area blind. Lower damage.
- Haste and rapidshot converted to percentage based traits for clarity.

Infliction Magic:
- All infliction damage reviewed to be bellow average, but becomes above average when flesh curse is applied.
- Venom at level 1: changed to be the "bolt" of this school.
- Infliction Shield at lvl 10: Linked to school level.
- Flesh Curse as signature: Linked to school level.
- Insect Swarm at lvl 30.
- Infliction Ward at lvl 40: Linked to durable spell, may cancel DoT's on target (similar to first aid potions). Up to community debate.
- Rend at lvl 50: changed to be the r50 of this school. Gains a small infliction debuff.
- Exhaust at lvl 60: Linked to mana efficiency, bug fixed.
- Undeath at lvl 75: Linked to quicken spell, bug fixes.
- Toxic Rain as signature.
- Needles at lvl 90: Faster cast time, is placed in the r90 shared cooldown.

Necromancy:
- Does 5% less health damage.
- Loses both mana and stamina damage.
- 5% of damage leeched as health.

Raw Magic:
- Arcane damage to be reviewed to be average.
- Eldritch Sphere at lvl 1.
- Magic Shield at lvl 20: Linked to school, small protection to all magical damage.
- Magic ward at lvl 40: Linked to durable spell, small protection to all magical damage.
- Blast: serves as r50, gains cooldown, keeps knock up, loses debuff, loses DoT.
- Shrapnel: Is placed in the r90 shared cooldown.
- Missile Fury: Channeled spell sending forth a flurry of projectiles down range. Requires to be immobile/overburdened walk.
- Burden: duration and potency reduced.

Spellchanting:
- All attribute buffs are converted to percentage based traits for clarity.
- All attribute buffs heal a bit of health and a bit of the attribute they impact. (health/mana/stamina)
- Lay on Hands at lvl 1: Keeps cooldown, places other heals on its cooldown. Best heal for multitaskers. Linked to school.
- Heal Other at lvl 10: No cooldown, shorter cast time, most mana efficient. Great to keep chip damage for a group in check. Linked to school.
- Sacrifice at lvl 20: No cooldown, least mana efficient, costs health, most burst healing. Great to save a single target at personal cost. Linked to school.
- Adept: Temporarily increases Spellchanting potency greatly, decreases protections and all other forms of damage greatly.
- Mana blast: Becomes an healing blast. No drop off for healing effect.
- Healing Chant: Can be used while moving, better healing, no drop off for healing effect.

Water Magic:
- Ice Storm: Effect fixed to be an in battle blind. Faster cast time.
- Slow and Delayed Shot switch to percentage based traits for clarity.

Witchcraft:
- School rewarding rotation skill and accuracy. Support and single target damage focused.
- All spells do Malediction damage, which will be set to start at bellow average like arcane damage.
- All attribute debuffs are converted to percentage based trait for clarity.
- All debuffs have a cooldown similar to r50s, or slightly lower, to encourage rotating two of them in combo mode.
- All attribute debuffs do a base health portion of damage and a part of the attribute they impact. (health/mana/stamina)
- Ominous drain: Serves as r90 and is added to the r90 shared cooldown.
- Spell Curse: Debuffs malediction and does damage. Debuffs are of malediction type so successive applications increase in strength.
- Witches Brew: Current self healing effect is applied to others without drop off, self healing divided by 3.

Less than half of this has been implemented, and this was posted almost 3 months ago. I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

Re: How many more months?
Reply #1
I dont think you even play or have the slightest clue what they have done, actually after reading your post im positive of it.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
I dont think you even play or have the slightest clue what they have done, actually after reading your post im positive of it.
I don't follow what you mean if you're trying to say he's flat out wrong.

I'd say half (maybe even less than that) has been implemented
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #3

For the mentally impaired, the original post has no bolding, that bolding is his and is what he thinks they have done compared to not.

Reply #4
"Just like for the racial passives, we want players to make an informed choice."

That's the part that should have been bolded. They could have simply done what most Developers of games do, don't say a thing then just randomly nerf something. People REALLY would have bitched and moaned then.

This is a list of coming changes, there was never a date attached to it, and was for information purposes.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5

For the mentally impaired, the original post has no bolding, that bolding is his and is what he thinks they have done compared to not.
I disregarded the bolding altogether and literally jogged my memory of reading this original post from the devs when it came out.

Again, he's not far off in saying that over half of that list hasn't been implemented. Regardless whether he plays or not or whether he puts things in bold and other things not, it's a fair question on his part to assume "how many more months?"
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #6

None of the ARAC changes done and 4 out of 12 magic schools updated along with none of the melee changes finished from his quote...

4/12 = 33% not counting the other things not done

And you wonder why I call you potato mycke
  • Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 03:03:07 am by Ivar_theBoneless

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
In before Mycke says Ivar has been inducted into the SKD troll hall of fame

Reply #8
Here why dont you guys read my comment again and think about what it specifically says.

And now think about why your arguing irrelevant points might be making you look silly....

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
The one who looks silly is the guys saying he doesn't think the OP has the slightest clue what Uber has done before even reading the entire post since he then went on to say after he fully read the post, he felt confirmation. That or he just tried to get cute with words he has no idea were used to make himself look foolish.

You're a joke Mycke. Go mana missile something to make you feel better

Reply #10
Anyone who doesn't have their head up Ub3r's ass already knows how incredibly far behind schedule DND is.  They planned release 9 months ago and the game is still VERY feature-incomplete. 

So, I definitely feel you, OP. But really, did a whole new whine-topic need to be opened, after there are SO many?  What do you hope to accomplish with this post?

Reply #11
early access steam bring in money hire people try something

Reply #12
Freemium, that won't gimp PvP but is QoL restrictive.

Eg
- can't be promoted past lieutenant
-harvests at 1/3 speed and can't take crafting or harvesting titles (to prevent unlimited afk crafting/harvesting alts)
- can't sail ships, use cannons or place siegestones
- 1/10 the global item storage limit (to prevent storage alts and give a little more incentive to sub)
Etc

This way, anyone that CAN afford a sub will want one.  And anyone that truly CAN'T afford a sub can still play (and we surely want them!!!  We need POP)

This does not preclude DUELs/GaneTimeTokens, but in fact works quite well with it.  Freemium players with enough play time can sell goods to upgrade to full sub, thus pumping more RL dollars into Ub3rgames' pockets.

Plus cosmetic cash shop to squeeze every penny from the rich.
  • Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 04:44:32 am by Rimamok

Reply #13
Freemium, that won't gimp PvP but otherwise is restrictive.

Eg
-harvests at 1/3 speed and can't take crafting or harvesting titles (to prevent unlimited afk crafting/harvesting alts
Etc

This way, anyone that CAN afford a sub will want one.  And anyone that truly CABT afford a sub can still play (and we surely want them!!!  We need POP)

@Ub3rgames must consider other options

Reply #14
Freemium, that won't gimp PvP but otherwise is restrictive.

Eg
-harvests at 1/3 speed and can't take crafting or harvesting titles (to prevent unlimited afk crafting/harvesting alts
Etc

This way, anyone that CAN afford a sub will want one.  And anyone that truly CABT afford a sub can still play (and we surely want them!!!  We need POP)

@Ub3rgames must consider other options

It's already in the game
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,1520.msg46793.html#msg46793

Patch 3.6:
New Trial Accounts features:
- Added restrictions related to Trial Accounts:
   - Cannot go past certain skill and attribute levels,
   - Cannot harvest except skinning,
   - Cannot create clan,
   - Cannot be promoted,
   - Cannot pilot warhulks,
   - Cannot own a house,
   - Cannot pilot a ship but can use ship cannons.
- Level limitations will not be used for this stress test, we need people to level up and test high end gains in groups.