Skip to main content

Topic: Live update patch 1.2 notes (Read 3659 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Live update patch 1.2 notes
Reply #195
I dont think anyone cares at this point.

Many care, and there are plenty guys supporting what Ub3rgames is trying to do but time will tell does they get them in in time. But combat balance wasn't the reason many are semi active or very little active atm. But if Ub3r gets warfronts,  buy orders, trading contracts, watch towers, new siege systems etc. Implemented into game I wouldn't be surprised if population started drastically increase. There is just so little to do in game atm. So just need to wait and see if they get implemented or not.

The earth is flat.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #196

Many care, and there are plenty guys supporting what Ub3rgames is trying to do but time will tell does they get them in in time. But combat balance wasn't the reason many are semi active or very little active atm. But if Ub3r gets warfronts,  buy orders, trading contracts, watch towers, new siege systems etc. Implemented into game I wouldn't be surprised if population started drastically increase. There is just so little to do in game atm. So just need to wait and see if they get implemented or not.

oh god, a post that makes sense.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #197

I mean yeah, if they managed to turn darkfall into a great game then people would play it....it goes without saying. If that happens ill cut off a finger at the first knuckle to apologise for my doubts.

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #198

I mean yeah, if they managed to turn darkfall into a great game then people would play it....it goes without saying. If that happens ill cut off a finger at the first knuckle to apologise for my doubts.

Well I do believe they are capable of making those things they've listed in road map into game. And I do think then it will be a really good game also. Hopefully they get them done fast enough before every one tires out playing the same old. Fingers crossed but my world won't shatter if it doesn't succeed. I still rather see them try to make darkfall something new than just tweak it to back to that old DFO style which I definitely loved but I don't see it can ever be that true MMO sandbox that could attract all sorts of type players. Wheter or not DnD can do it I don't know but if they get those things from road map into game I think they have a real chance anyways. But no need to worry about it I'll enjoy the game while waiting and hope for them to succeed.
Viil Taja - Epoch

Reply #199

Well I do believe they are capable of making those things they've listed in road map into game. And I do think then it will be a really good game also. Hopefully they get them done fast enough before every one tires out playing the same old. Fingers crossed but my world won't shatter if it doesn't succeed. I still rather see them try to make darkfall something new than just tweak it to back to that old DFO style which I definitely loved but I don't see it can ever be that true MMO sandbox that could attract all sorts of type players. Wheter or not DnD can do it I don't know but if they get those things from road map into game I think they have a real chance anyways. But no need to worry about it I'll enjoy the game while waiting and hope for them to succeed.

Their roadmap will do nothing for the game, it will still be the same old graphics, old UI, broken economy, tedious running simulator requiring alts to play and extreme death penalties.

There's literally no new players coming in for a healthy mmo and even when they do they quit within a few hours without even experiencing the roadmap content.

Is there an MMO out there that has dropped to critical numbers that has brought the playerbase back to a sustainable level ?

I don't think so.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #200
Tibia, about 5 times over by now...
Id argue UO, given that there's a large backing for the older versions of the game thats hosted on private servers that keep dieing (or stop being hosted), but i can see how thats not an official release.

Aside from that, i think MO would do it if they actually got to a real release at some point.
They've mostly fallen off the grid though in a perpetual beta test where progress is dead slow and the same old people keep toiling away at the game and each patch that comes gives them something new to play with.
It at least has not died, dispite being on life support for like a decade now?

The more recent mmo's are all setup as a cash grab.
They get a big purchase price, which gives x ammount of months sub.
There's content for 1/5x at best, so people simply stop playing before the first real resub time and never look back.
Most of those do retain some population, but the remainder dies out in a year or so...by which time the dev's have made a "new" game again. Mostly new UI and graphics, but the same engine and basics.

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #201

Their roadmap will do nothing for the game, it will still be the same old graphics, old UI, broken economy, tedious running simulator requiring alts to play and extreme death penalties.

There's literally no new players coming in for a healthy mmo and even when they do they quit within a few hours without even experiencing the roadmap content.

Is there an MMO out there that has dropped to critical numbers that has brought the playerbase back to a sustainable level ?

I don't think so.

Game had same old graphics same old grind same old gui in release and people still bought it and came to play. It's because people that play this love the concept already but when you run out of things to do after grind and don't any more get regular pvp you see people not logging in any more. Now if this game gets things from their road map I implemented which will create a lot of content to fight over constantly im pretty sure a lot of guys that now only logs every now and then will be logging in regulary which will make game more alive which will create demand for different gamer types which will give more people reasons to start playing which can lead to steadily growing population.

But no need to argue over it though time will tell anyways. I'll wish for the best 👍 and I'm sure you'll do the opposite.
Viil Taja - Epoch

Reply #202

I don't think so.

Game had same old graphics same old grind same old gui in release and people still bought it and came to play. It's because people that play this love the concept already but when you run out of things to do after grind and don't any more get regular pvp you see people not logging in any more. Now if this game gets things from their road map I implemented which will create a lot of content to fight over constantly im pretty sure a lot of guys that now only logs every now and then will be logging in regulary which will make game more alive which will create demand for different gamer types which will give more people reasons to start playing which can lead to steadily growing population.

But no need to argue over it though time will tell anyways. I'll wish for the best 👍 and I'm sure you'll do the opposite.

That's where you are wrong, people didn't quit because they ran out of things to do or pvp, they quit because ub3r made the game extremely tedious, they literally made it worse than the original. And unfortunately ub3r has no plans to change these features so the game will stay like this forever until they finally admit they made some huge mistakes.

Traveling is one of the biggest flaws, i have said it since release and i'll say it again, you cannot remove fast travel without implementing anything to help normal travel.

If i go to a village for some pvp, i dont want to spend another 15 minutes running back to my holding, it sucks and it makes it tedious.

If i die in the middle of nowhere, not only do i have to deal with having died, but i then have to run to a market to purchase a mount and then make the travel all the way back to my holding. Its tedious.

• Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 11:49:47 pm by Blackmeat Bonekiller

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #203

I don't think so.

That's where you are wrong, people didn't quit because they ran out of things to do or pvp, they quit because ub3r made the game extremely tedious, they literally made it worse than the original. And unfortunately ub3r has no plans to change these features so the game will stay like this forever until they finally admit they made some huge mistakes.

Traveling is one of the biggest flaws, i have said it since release and i'll say it again, you cannot remove fast travel without implementing anything to help normal travel.

If i go to a village for some pvp, i dont want to spend another 15 minutes running back to my holding, it sucks and it makes it tedious.

If i die in the middle of nowhere, not only do i have to deal with having died, but i then have to run to a market to purchase a mount and then make the travel all the way back to my holding. Its tedious.

I get you feel that way and friends you played with might feel the same but as general queries have shown most don't hate slow traveling as it's a must so there could be more different types of players. That we all agree that necessary tools to make it work ain't there yet. Like roads that eat less mount Stam, trading contracts which makes trader type players to get their field of gaming in. No new watch tower siege system and warfronts which would make local conflicts that more appealing and make less need for people to travel further etc.

But making fast travel to game would only appeal to those few old DFO players which ain't gonna lead to no good anyways.

I support their vision trying to make this truly more like an MMO and I rather see them try and fail than making this back to more like old DF where you fought same few all over the map.

Trading contracts and buy orders alone makes traders life so much more better that if that's combined with warfronts and new siege system and you get a lot of meaningful activities for many types of players.

Hopefully these things starts to pop Ingame so we can see does they boost population or not. I can see how it could but time will tell.
Viil Taja - Epoch

Reply #204
In this day and age you need to release a good game and continue to improve it to have it survive. Long dead are the days that you can release shit and have it survive until you make it good. People have been burnt by too many paid, early access "releases" for that to work in todays world.

Darkfall: New Dawn is dead. It won't gain back any relevant population even if everything on their long-term roadmap were released in the next 2 months, and there's no world in which that is happening.

Reply #205
In this day and age you need to release a good game and continue to improve it to have it survive. Long dead are the days that you can release shit and have it survive until you make it good. People have been burnt by too many paid, early access "releases" for that to work in todays world.

Darkfall: New Dawn is dead. It won't gain back any relevant population even if everything on their long-term roadmap were released in the next 2 months, and there's no world in which that is happening.
yep, and there is one to blame - not community, not darkfall (as interest was there) but terrible devs. Worst devs darkfall has ever witnessed.

Reply #206

I think people are burnt out after 4 or so re-releases, when someone from anyone of those other releases comes here and quit its at least the 2nd time they've quit this game, those people arent coming back.

That delusion about the grind being content and expecting to lose about 80% of customers until the game becomes good is just french stubbornness or ego, game is dying at a fast rate dont even know if they can fix it.

Reply #207

I don't think so.

You are still moaning over the travel concept? Really? After how many months/years? It is getting boring don't you think. I think everyone knows your opinion on that by now. I want faster roads too but i dont bitch around like a 5 year old. Man, suck it up.

It is very misleadin. This game has more important stuff that needs to be done than faster roads.

Reply #208
This tragedy was written on the wall months ago

Encouraged by the almost "cultist" likes of fanboys (Maejohl and crew) Ub3r decided to go through with the premature launch.

And anyone raising concerns, questioning this decision for being premature were shut down by this fanboy cult or Ub3rs usual ignorant "know-it-all" attitude
  • Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 12:17:51 pm by NeroImperitus

Reply #209
tbh im not sure what what we expected from frenchies