Skip to main content

Topic: New guy here! (Read 1331 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: New guy here!
Reply #30
Avoid the game, it is extremely tedious.

Fast travel was removed from the game, meaning if you want to go on a pvp trip or farm a mob spawn you have to travel there and then travel all the way back, there is no recall or fast roads. But the worst part is that when you die, you are stuck in the middle of nowhere with no mount and no bank (local banking) so you have to run all the way back.

Titles make it so you either choose between 1) combat or 2) crafting. You have 5 titles, if you choose to take crafting titles then you gimp yourself in combat, meaning you either have to sub an alt to craft or miss out on half of the game because you can't craft at all.

On top of this, its still the same old graphics from 2009, the same old shit UI and the same old New player experience, its an old mmo that won't make it, which shows as the population is terrible.

Good new though, ROA devs should give you a 1 week free trial if you contact them :) ROA has its problems, but is in much better shape than this trash.
You answered NONE of the OP's questions.  If you hate the game so much, why are you here?  Do you get off to this stuff?  Seriously rethink your life.

I'm here to watch the circus show that ub3rgames and the fanboys are :) Pretty entertaining if you ask me.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #31

Fast travel was removed from the game, meaning if you want to go on a pvp trip or farm a mob spawn you have to travel there and then travel all the way back, there is no recall or fast roads. But the worst part is that when you die, you are stuck in the middle of nowhere with no mount and no bank (local banking) so you have to run all the way back.

Titles make it so you either choose between 1) combat or 2) crafting. You have 5 titles, if you choose to take crafting titles then you gimp yourself in combat, meaning you either have to sub an alt to craft or miss out on half of the game because you can't craft at all.

On top of this, its still the same old graphics from 2009, the same old shit UI and the same old New player experience, its an old mmo that won't make it, which shows as the population is terrible.

Good new though, ROA devs should give you a 1 week free trial if you contact them :) ROA has its problems, but is in much better shape than this trash.
You answered NONE of the OP's questions.  If you hate the game so much, why are you here?  Do you get off to this stuff?  Seriously rethink your life.
getting off is better than not getting off
Rethink your post.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #32

Rofl this guy.

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

Reply #33
the roa fanboys posted here should go fuck themselves

it is very obvious that they are "working" to bring more players to the teleporthack level global magefall retardation that they call a mmorpg which is played by 50 people at best

If that's directed at me, then just so you know, i have only played 1 - 2 Hours of ROA and quit because i didn't see a single person in the alfar capital.

If that's true that's even sadder

lol its sadder that he plays neither games yet he write as many negatives things he can to response to people and is incredibly biased. @Blackmeat Bonekiller u do this like its ur Job! LMFAO

Reply #34

I'm here to watch the circus show that ub3rgames and the fanboys are :) Pretty entertaining if you ask me.
You're not watching.  You're talking shit.  I don't remember this level of fuckboy on the RoA forums.  You are a sad, sad little man.

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #35

You are a sad, sad little man.

because he says things the fanboy hivemind doesnt wanna hear?

PROTIP: shutting your eyes and ears from the truth while singing "lalala" doesnt make the truth magically go away. if you want this game to survive the first 6 months acknowledge its problems and massive design flaws and be vocal about them so they get through ub3rs thick skull. otherwise you may aswell just quit like the rest of the 2 digit IQ fanboys that have defended the "vision" for the first 2 months and havent been seen since.

reality is those you see complaining here are those who are actually passionate about the game and want it to succeed. thats why we say what is wrong about this version. the fanboy fucktards just want their carebear sandbox riding/node hitting simulator until they realize how boring that shit is and then be the first ones to jump ship and leave the real darkfall players with a messed up broken shit version of the game with zero chance of recovering from the mess ub3r created cos they were encouraged by the shitty fanboy opinions. opinions of ppl that are long gone and will never return cos they are busy playing the next WoW expansion.
  • Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 10:54:27 am by XiaN

Reply #36
This game died in 2 months and the developer's pace has them taking 2 weeks to implement a single UI change. They also don't communicate with their playerbase.

PvP is shallow and simplified.

Mages take 10x as long as Melee/Archers to grind to PvP competence because the developers have an obvious bias.

You can't play this game casually if you want to do anything other than hit the mob spawn right next to where you live over and over. Anything else takes all day.

Servers are based in france so if you live in the US your ping will be abysmal in a game where ping matters more than anything else.

Reply #37

You are a sad, sad little man.

because he says things the fanboy hivemind doesnt wanna hear?

PROTIP: shutting your eyes and ears from the truth while singing "lalala" doesnt make the truth magically go away. if you want this game to survive the first 6 months acknowledge its problems and massive design flaws and be vocal about them so they get through ub3rs thick skull. otherwise you may aswell just quit like the rest of the 2 digit IQ fanboys that have defended the "vision" for the first 2 months and havent been seen since.

reality is those you see complaining here are those who are actually passionate about the game and want it to succeed. thats why we say what is wrong about this version. the fanboy fucktards just want their carebear sandbox riding/node hitting simulator until they realize how boring that shit is and then be the first ones to jump ship and leave the real darkfall players with a messed up broken shit version of the game with zero chance of recovering from the mess ub3r created cos they were encouraged by the shitty fanboy opinions. opinions of ppl that are long gone and will never return cos they are busy playing the next WoW expansion.
It's one thing to critique a game, and another to turn new people away from the game when all they asked were simple questions.  I think it's rather stupid to make it your mission to completely shit on a game in development that other people might enjoy, for personal gain, which is the case here.  If you don't like the game and don't really care what happens to it, just go the fuck away.
  • Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 05:55:29 pm by _SeeD_

Reply #38
Ive played both but ROA ultimately won my consistent subscription which I will further explain.

New Dawn:

Besides having 140-160ms latency, the game has a few features I liked, others....not so much.  Mob drops have been extremely nerfed, mostly only drop regs and a little bit of gold.  Mobs level up when more people are fighting them. 

Local banking I understood for what they are planning in the long haul but if your unlucky and you are moving your bank and get ganked....I would 100% understand why one would walk away from this game.  You have to travel to markets depending on where your living out of.

No fast travel, no ports, much walk of shame.  Dying is painful, often you end up in Timbuktoo, BumfukNoWhere and have to run all the way to a place that has a market to buy a mount.

Everything is locked behind a title.......everything.  Want to gather efficiently....need a title.  Want to smelt.....need a title.  Want to cook.....need a title.  Thus Altfall came to be as we know it.  Skinning in this game is a nightmare and if you dont have that title, have fun grinding your fingers into nubs farming mobs until you have enough to make that ONE item to the set. 
Houses = Worthless, no house recall.

---------------------

Rise of Agon

-Better latency (60-70ms)
-Cheaper sub, even cheaper if you do the three or six month package.
-Gametime Tokens (Buy game time off markets in game)
Fast travel:
A. Wilderness ports....Alot of these are one way. 
B. Capitol Cities have a port hub for vulnerable VCP's.  You must be blue alignment to use them.
C.  City recall, Capitol Recall (3hr cooldown), House Recall.
Basic Runebooks-Require 2 portal shards to use + the marking of a runestone before use.  Holds up to 8 spots. 

You can craft anything (artesian skills coming)  Gathering is fast, meaning less time spent staring at nodes.  Crafting is fast at stations (can craft in huge batches) meaning less time crafting, more time doing other things.

Rare ores dynamically spawns in nodes, drops 3-5.  Ores are unique to each continient. 

Combat is more or less the same as original DF but thats due to change with the coming perk system.

I left New Dawn for a number of reasons.  One was my clan was more or less non existant NA time with the exception of those I would play with while in Discord that were closer to my timezone. 
Traveling is super tedious in New Dawn and with only an hour or two to play, I didnt like spending that time traveling to there and back again.  Everything in ROA is super convenient for those that dont have a huge amount of time to play.

I liked New Dawn as it will or hopefully have the "RISK "tabletop game atmosphere but I just dont have time myself to invest into it.  Even if I were still single, I can only sit infront of a computer screen for 3-4 hours max before it starts hurting my eyes (side effect of PRK surgery)
  • Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 05:43:40 pm by Rethgar

Reply #39
@stubs Must have quit already, no feedback as of yet.

Reply #40
@stubs Must have quit already, no feedback as of yet.

Or he decided to ignore the forums and just try the game after reading your retard posts
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

Reply #41
I hope that new guy will just enjoy the game and ignore these stupid forum trolls.

• Otoan
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #42
I hope that new guy will just enjoy the game and ignore these stupid forum trolls.

Why is it that if someone has something negative to say they are forum trolls?
Next time you post @Otoan try and actually know what your talking about or at least try and pretend

Reply #43

Why is it that if someone has something negative to say they are forum trolls?
Too many trolls here gave many dnd fanboys ptsd on negative posting. It is really ub3r's fault for not moderating as 3/4 of us asked them to do....