Skip to main content

Topic: New guy here! (Read 1332 times) previous topic - next topic

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: New guy here!
Reply #15
Avoid the game, it is extremely tedious.

Fast travel was removed from the game, meaning if you want to go on a pvp trip or farm a mob spawn you have to travel there and then travel all the way back, there is no recall or fast roads. But the worst part is that when you die, you are stuck in the middle of nowhere with no mount and no bank (local banking) so you have to run all the way back.

Titles make it so you either choose between 1) combat or 2) crafting. You have 5 titles, if you choose to take crafting titles then you gimp yourself in combat, meaning you either have to sub an alt to craft or miss out on half of the game because you can't craft at all.

On top of this, its still the same old graphics from 2009, the same old shit UI and the same old New player experience, its an old mmo that won't make it, which shows as the population is terrible.

Good new though, ROA devs should give you a 1 week free trial if you contact them :) ROA has its problems, but is in much better shape than this trash.
Wtf u serious? Ok imm calling on new dawn trolls to goto roa forums and talk all the shit they can about roa

Oh wait all the trolls play roa very toxic community.
nothing bonekiller said is wrong or biased. even the DND fanboys have to admit that. also i may add that ROA devs arent as one dimensional following some kind of "vision" as ub3rclowns. they have shown that they can admit mistakes as proven by the pivotal. they also listen more to their community and what they want to see in the game. ROA is also way further ahead in development as they seem to finally stopped treating the game like a hobby and started to invest into it, seeing as they are actually hiring developers n stuff now.

objectively roa is hands down the superior game at this point by a huge margin. the only things DND really has going for it is the completely different approach to the game aka adding more tedium to an already way too tedious game and a first attempt of diversification which ROA is lacking completely. that beeing said i think DND could still appeal to a specific type of gamer. (mostly the ones that suck at pvp and are more into the huge persistant sandbox type of thing) the problem is that in order to make that type of game actually work properly they need a much bigger playerbase than any darkfall game will ever have but ub3r is too stubborn to admit that.

you´re right about the toxicity tho. roa is full of tryhard wannabes that think they are worth something cos they are good at a completely irrelevant game but thats what you get when you play a game with mostly yanks. they are just not nearly as smart or mature as europeans overall. they never were and they never will be so in that aspect DND is clearly superior.

so in the end it comes down what you value more. an easily accessable pvp game with little tedium that is more feature complete but has a mostly cancerous community or a somewhat broken RPG with absurd amounts of tedium and little to no actual content that you can really only play properly if you dont have many other responsibilitys in your life but has a much more mature and chill community.

Reply #16
Wow!

A bit surprised at the mix of replies.

Tbh back in the old DF I was against fast travel and universal banks, so that as such is a plus for me. I'm glad the more PvP-centric got RoA, but New Dawn's take on it sounds more up my street.

As @nuclearping  mentioned I guess 9.99 is not much to check out the game.
@XiaN  I think chill works better for me.

Thanks for the info

I think I'll give it a try :D

Reply #17
the roa fanboys posted here should go fuck themselves

it is very obvious that they are "working" to bring more players to the teleporthack level global magefall retardation that they call a mmorpg which is played by 50 people at best

Reply #18

it is very obvious that they are "working" to bring more players to the teleporthack level global magefall retardation that they call a mmorpg which is played by 50 people at best

Well I think they actually did the persona favor by showing the mentality of those who like RoA over those who prefer ND and helped him see ND is really more likely to be his kind of game.

Being a shit head while pitching RoA is pretty much telling people that unless they are a shit head too, they wont prefer that game and as usual the agro kids are their own worst enemy for the success of the game they want to succeed.

Reply #19

Well I think they actually did the persona favor by showing the mentality of those who like RoA over those who prefer ND and helped him see ND is really more likely to be is kind of game.

Being a shit head while pitching RoA is pretty much telling people that unless they are a shit head too, they wont prefer that game and as usual the agro kids are their own worst enemy for the success of the game they want to succeed.

dont join this guys clan everyone who joins ends up either quitting the game or leaving his clan and trolling him for how bad of a leader he was.

#fax
dodgy bastard

Reply #20

Well I think they actually did the persona favor by showing the mentality of those who like RoA over those who prefer ND and helped him see ND is really more likely to be is kind of game.

dont join this guys clan everyone who joins ends up either quitting the game or leaving his clan and trolling him for how bad of a leader he was.

#fax

Biggest griefer and erractic personality in the game says dont join my clan, make of that what you will ;)

Reply #21

If that's directed at me, then just so you know, i have only played 1 - 2 Hours of ROA and quit because i didn't see a single person in the alfar capital.

Reply #22

If that's directed at me, then just so you know, i have only played 1 - 2 Hours of ROA and quit because i didn't see a single person in the alfar capital.

If that's true that's even sadder

Reply #23
I'm currently playing both. RoA seems to be going in a very good direction lately and have a ton more quality of life changes as well as new content. They've added in new champion pve spawns, a very nice village pvp capture system, a fantastic market and new dynamic rare ore nodes/chaos chests that really favour adventuring and exploration. They've announced several new features that are very interesting here: https://forums.riseofagon.com/forums/design-discussions.72/.
Many DND fans are super toxic and outdated about RoA, calling fans elitists and many RoA fans hate dnd calling its fans shills and saying it is an echo chamber of opinions here. There's a very small group that can see the merits of both and/or be somewhat unbiased on them.

Dnd has big potential to be a more localised eve version of Darkfall but the pace of development and recent decisions/implementations by ub3r have been lacklustre. Alts offer a huge advantage here and spawn scaling is interesting but easily abused.  Mount inventories are nice and new armours/combat changes however DND actually has less content than dfo did and most of their patches have simply modified the old content. Local banking and armours are really the few truly new things they've added to the game that wasn't reworking old content. It is a very different game both for good and bad reasons.

One thing that seems apparent to me playing both is population is about the same currently but RoA is rising and DND is losing players. RoA is 11ish months out, DND is 2ish months out and still enjoying launch population tourists.

There's toxic people from both games but the majority of both games are pleasant. The toxic people simply scream that the other fans are the toxic ones.
  • Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 11:51:01 pm by BobbyJoe

Reply #24
My clan and our alliance are having a good time and enjoy playing. We look forward to the ongoing development of the game, which is headed in a direction we support. Some other people feel differently. Guess that is life!

• Otoan
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #25
its so fun i made a 3rd account

PROS:
NO of few hackers, cheaters mainly in hiding not a big factor in PVP
No flying 360 mages hybrid that can jump faster than your horse, no 6 x ray spams for 300 dmg in 5 seconds scripts.
You wont see the same No Lifers teleporting all over the game world just to shit on newbies.
Melee players get more love here than DFO.
Being a dedicated crafter is in high demand, im always looking for crafters in npc cities.
Meditation offline skilling makes skilling up much more easy.

Don't listen to the people that have no skill in aiming and absolutely hate any form of challenging pvp. You will find very few fun activities in this game. They've handicapped people to avoid pvp encounters. PvE has always been stale in darkfall and a means to an end. People will get extremely far ahead of you with the use of several alts. I'm sure people will say they can find pvp encounters in very specific situations/during non-NA hours but just look at clan discussion to see how prevalent that information is. Going out of your way to look for activity could result in you spending the next 30 minutes (or possibly longer) traveling back to your home base. Game is going to continue to die with no meaningful changes.
  • Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 08:21:48 am by Otoan
Next time you post @Otoan try and actually know what your talking about or at least try and pretend

Reply #26
Please tell us how you get on.

The last ''new player'' on here never returned with feedback.

Reply #27
Please tell us how you get on.

The last ''new player'' on here never returned with feedback.
Legitimately please, ub3r desperately needs to see its issues.

Reply #28
Avoid the game, it is extremely tedious.

Fast travel was removed from the game, meaning if you want to go on a pvp trip or farm a mob spawn you have to travel there and then travel all the way back, there is no recall or fast roads. But the worst part is that when you die, you are stuck in the middle of nowhere with no mount and no bank (local banking) so you have to run all the way back.

Titles make it so you either choose between 1) combat or 2) crafting. You have 5 titles, if you choose to take crafting titles then you gimp yourself in combat, meaning you either have to sub an alt to craft or miss out on half of the game because you can't craft at all.

On top of this, its still the same old graphics from 2009, the same old shit UI and the same old New player experience, its an old mmo that won't make it, which shows as the population is terrible.

Good new though, ROA devs should give you a 1 week free trial if you contact them :) ROA has its problems, but is in much better shape than this trash.
You answered NONE of the OP's questions.  If you hate the game so much, why are you here?  Do you get off to this stuff?  Seriously rethink your life.

Reply #29
Legitimately please, ub3r desperately needs to see its issues.
Welcome to the last year of our lives.