Skip to main content

Topic: Epic skin drop rate (Read 630 times) previous topic - next topic

Epic skin drop rate
So, 1h farming (solo) of hobgoblins officers provided to me....

26 q3 eyes....EPIC DROP with 80 SKINNING TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.s. i killed 36 hobgoblins in 1h, and received 26 eye's...
I understand that regular mob can nod drop more than 2 eye's in a time, but still....stupid drop rate for q3 mat....worse only q2 bones and q3 biles
  • Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 11:02:29 pm by Unknowm Mantra

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Epic skin drop rate
Reply #1
Skinning Skill and Wisdom ?
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #2
Doubt it'd be a big difference with higher skills levels. Instead of 26 he'd have 40. Woopwoop.

Can't see how anyone will be able to farm any excess to sell.
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Affiliated Mandrake Dealers

Reply #3
Embrace AltFall and/or bring friends.

4 of us (with no alts) farmed 180 Hobgoblin eyes in an hour (45 per player), while occasionally killing other mobs (while waiting for respawn), and I find that reasonable.

Our skinner has title 60, skinning 50, Wisdom 70

PS I definitely agree that lvl 1 mobs are total trash to the point of not worth doing.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #4
As a soloist, just do the dungeon dailies, tend to be better rewards for the same amount of time (depending on the dungeon).  Then buy the mats you need.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
As a soloist, just do the dungeon dailies, tend to be better rewards for the same amount of time (depending on the dungeon).  Then buy the mats you need.
This guy sees the vision

Reply #6
Have you tried subbing alts?

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #7

~80 wisdom, ~60 skill.

But fails not linked to skill\stat, it was fixed in beta

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8

~80 wisdom, ~60 skill.

But fails not linked to skill\stat, it was fixed in beta

kk thats alot, should be 2 each mob minimum. seems like only scaling makes it worth it :-(

Reply #9
Mob that has 100% to skin for 1 mat
0 wisdom 0 skill, it now had 50% to skin for that mat
50 wisdom 0 skill, 62,5%
50 wisdom 50 skill, 75%
100 wisdom 100 skill, 100%
So the map skin rate is not correct if you have 100 wis 100 skill and 0 title.
Title 100 adds 20% to current % (if i understod this correctly. Not sure how this works exactly with spawnscaling)
100 wis, skinning and title on mob with 100% to skin for 1. Now had 120% (which means 20% chance to get extra loot).
This is if you actually get "skill skinning was a success" and not "skill skinning failed."

Reply #10
This is the exact same thing for every mob in the game. I can think of maybe 4 or 5 where I think the skinning is worth it at level 1 (Crogs and Frostwalkers for instance).

The rest are laughably bad. I know Ub3r has said they will remove skinning fails, which is good, but seriously. Make it viable to farm stuff properly as solo. There's no reason it has to take an hour to farm enough kobold bones for one fucking bone set. I'm fine with higher tiers (Giant etc.) being more difficult, but an hour of active farming for one is just ridiculous.
Flopfall: New Dawn. Please buy 6 accounts.
SACCADE NEOS -- SIMIRAN

Reply #11
I once had 3 q3 quarz in an hour farming earth elementals. Next day around 30. RNG

Reply #12
This is the exact same thing for every mob in the game. I can think of maybe 4 or 5 where I think the skinning is worth it at level 1 (Crogs and Frostwalkers for instance).

The rest are laughably bad. I know Ub3r has said they will remove skinning fails, which is good, but seriously. Make it viable to farm stuff properly as solo. There's no reason it has to take an hour to farm enough kobold bones for one fucking bone set. I'm fine with higher tiers (Giant etc.) being more difficult, but an hour of active farming for one is just ridiculous.

solo is so shafted it's not even funny, respawn rates and skin rates are some kind of a cruel joke.

Reply #13
shas bi ku3 farmit`

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Glad iam a simple man an Q4 Bile and Cinder are easy to skin ^^