Skip to main content

Topic: New patch tomorrow? (Read 1171 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: New patch tomorrow?
Reply #30
We are currently finishing up QA on a patch we aim for tomorrow, and so far it is looking good.
It will be the remote view on market places, which turned out to be equivalent in workload than the initial market places themselves.
Other tasks are nearly completed but not ready to patch in yet.

Hire. More. Coders. Immediately

Hire a head GM so you're current coders don't have to waste time

Acquire a community manager

If it's a money thing, take out a loan

If it's won't relocate to Paris/ speak french thing, lower your standards

It will still take at least a couple months to train new Devs to do anything autonomously using this engine...

You do NOT have time to waste and you CANNOT do this properly with just your current team

Even the most die hard New Dawn fans will not keep logging in and playing that long and new player acquisition/ retention is below replacement levels

Show some fucking urgency and acknowledge the problems

For example do you guys @Ub3rgames even realize that you neutered magic and light hybrids and have yet to replace it with anything?

Do you realize the flaws in your self buff system and how quick and easy it would be to fix it and simultaneously make mages/ light hybrids/ combat less shit?

Get your priorities right, tackle low hanging fruit that takes little time/ effort but has a big impact in the communities eyes, and for the love of God stop wasting your key coders time with shit a lesser skilled person or even a volunteer could do

This is getting beyond frustrating to watch.

• Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 10:23:16 pm by Battle Smurf

Reply #31
Estimate server crash 30-45 minutes after patch deployment and roughly 3 hours down time to fix.

Reply #32
Estimate server crash 30-45 minutes after patch deployment and roughly 3 hours down time to fix.
Bro didn't you see the patch notes a couple patches ago? They sped up their boot time to get the server online to longer than AV did 9 years ago... I mean roa has had a super fast boot for ages I heard....

Reply #33
If they nerf witches brew ill kill myself
Oh wait i wont have to, melee archers will do it in 5 seconds for me
are u dat bad? You got all escape possibilities to reset a fight or even get away - use em!

Reply #34
are u dat bad? You got all escape possibilities to reset a fight or even get away - use em!

Cast a begone break your legs with 25 60 HP,if u parry u Will melee pushed if u run give them your back,inspire us with ur plays pls

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #35
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,1091.msg148773.html#msg148773

Server will go down for Update 1.2 in 1 hour, at 12:00 Paris time. Estimated downtime of 1 hour 30 minutes.
Think of packing your mounts and their inventories before that.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #36
no one in his sane mind will ever consider becoming a trader.
no one in his sane mind will ever!!! this what i think when i run halfmap from chaosstone naked.
i think its fucking experiment

Reply #37

Cast a begone break your legs with 25 60 HP,if u parry u Will melee pushed if u run give them your back,inspire us with ur plays pls

I just run to nearest structure and launch onto it, seems to be the way to go in a 1v1 situation  as a mage agaist anyone that isnt a mage (Atleast then it fair) :P

Reply #38
no one in his sane mind will ever consider becoming a trader.
no one in his sane mind will ever!!! this what i think when i run halfmap from chaosstone naked.
i think its fucking experiment
I would if they implemented it well, but i doubt it would be. I did it alot in games like albion, archege and all that.