Skip to main content

Topic: New patch tomorrow? (Read 914 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: New patch tomorrow?
Reply #15
One would hope for a hotfix for Healing Blast at the very least.
what is wrong with healing blast? i dont have the title
Nothing much, except it can't be leveled :D

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
For native English speakers, "couple" almost always means exactly 2.

In many other languages the same word doesn't necessarily mean 2 (for example, in Croatian "par" [meaning couple] is usually 2-3).
My guess would be that, since Ub3rgames employees are not native English speakers, they probably don't always mean "couple = 2", which may be the cause of misunderstanding.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

for ub3rgames "couple weeks" means somewhere between 2027 and the collapse of the universe. anyone assuming anything else at this point is delusional beyond salvation.

Reply #17
If they nerf witches brew ill kill myself
Oh wait i wont have to, melee archers will do it in 5 seconds for me

Can we fix the mental illness signatures?

Reply #18
Remote view of marketplaces will not solve anything, make marketplaces racial bound and kabooom people will use the marketplace and trading will start to go up again and thereby a new playstyle becomes valid instead of another time consuming activity which adds nothing to the game and no one in his sane mind will ever consider becoming a trader.
Remote view combined with buy orders might make the trading game playable for more people. Right now unless you spend all fuckin day riding around, trading sucks. These 2 additions will make it much easier to identify market shortages and trading activity in an area.

Let them take their baby steps before scrapping the whole idea.

• Meth
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
If they nerf witches brew ill kill myself
Oh wait i wont have to, melee archers will do it in 5 seconds for me
oh ey

Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.

Reply #20
Remote view of marketplaces will not solve anything, make marketplaces racial bound and kabooom people will use the marketplace and trading will start to go up again and thereby a new playstyle becomes valid instead of another time consuming activity which adds nothing to the game and no one in his sane mind will ever consider becoming a trader.
Remote view combined with buy orders might make the trading game playable for more people. Right now unless you spend all fuckin day riding around, trading sucks. These 2 additions will make it much easier to identify market shortages and trading activity in an area.

Let them take their baby steps before scrapping the whole idea.

Buy orders will help a lot but what will remote view do?

Each racial area has one active market place and several semi active, crafters place their better stuff in the most active and rest is filled with crap and maybe a few items which have some value. Remote view will not change that, yes a new player can now see what is in other market places, without remote view one question on racial chat will give the starters the direction where to buy their stuff.
Ub3r now spends a lot a time adding remote view while a regional market system solves all issue's in one go and makes sure the time consuming nonsense is gone and it will add a lot a quality of life to new and veteran players.

Ub3r is tunnel visioning big time in several area's of development, i hope they wake up soon.
BimBam Kaboom - Simiran

Reply #21
Scary to see that such a simple feature takes up so much dev time. Doesn't bode well for the remaining 1000 needed features.
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Affiliated Mandrake Dealers

Reply #22
We are currently finishing up QA on a patch we aim for tomorrow, and so far it is looking good.
It will be the remote view on market places, which turned out to be equivalent in workload than the initial market places themselves.
Other tasks are nearly completed but not ready to patch in yet.

What is the rough eta of these "other tasks"? Next week? Does it include ARAC and alignment changes? If not when can we expect to see those changes in game? What about significant additional magic/spell changes, when can we expect those to be patched into the live game?

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
We are currently finishing up QA on a patch we aim for tomorrow, and so far it is looking good.
It will be the remote view on market places, which turned out to be equivalent in workload than the initial market places themselves.

What is the rough eta of these "other tasks"? Next week? Does it include ARAC and alignment changes? If not when can we expect to see those changes in game? What about significant additional magic/spell changes, when can we expect those to be patched into the live game?

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,8612.msg145652.html#msg145652

In the next couple weeks:
- More magical changes, delivered as they get completed.
- Contextual gray: The first use being a radius during sieges allowing attackers and defenders to kill any interfering parties without being free targets themselves. Mutual allies will be allowed to kill mutual allies as well.
- Declaring war on ARAC/Evil/Racial enemy clans changed to a low flat price.
- Tweaks of the siege rules to make them more engaging and understandable.
- Remote view/purchase from a marketplace to other marketplaces. You will still have to move to get the item.
- Remote withdraw of gold for an extra fee.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #24

@Ub3rgames still no ARAC- red changes or siege cost changes?

You guys are making it extremely difficult to be supportive.

Reply #25

@Ub3rgames still no ARAC- red changes or siege cost changes?

You guys are making it extremely difficult to be supportive.
If this isn't in the next patch, I'm beyond puzzled as to why as this has supposed to of been a priority to be in the game before launch nevermind 3 months post it.. utterly ridiculous! As this is affecting current ingame affairs more then anything! and should be a priority over a remote martketplace everyday of the fucking week!
dodgy bastard

Reply #26
Foreman: "Let's change the windows first"
Workers: "Shouldn't we fix the cracked foundation where half the house fell in already?"

Foreman: "I've got an amazing vision for this project, trust me"

Reply #27
As I see it, buy the time Ub3r finally finishes their "vision" there will not be anyone left who cares.

Reply #28

If it took you two weeks for that I shudder at the thought of how long it's going to take you to get anything else done on your list.

Remote-viewable markets seems like low hanging fruit. If you somehow doubled your development pace then people would still think it's slow. I don't think you have the tools or resources to stem your own bleeding at this point. Sad to see another Darkfall project die :(

Reply #29
As I see it, buy the time Ub3r finally finishes their "vision" there will not be anyone left who cares.

b... please

inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!