Skip to main content

Topic: Why is wolf/orc the least played races? (Read 543 times) previous topic - next topic

Why is wolf/orc the least played races?
What is the root cause?

Re: Why is wolf/orc the least played races?
Reply #1
You serious?

I see tons of wolf/ork. You see many more alfars because someone gave them more melee reach for reasons..
  • Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 01:48:04 am by Maximiliuss

Reply #2
What is the root cause?

-Melee view is fucking horrific
-Largest hit box
-Largest player model that makes it super easy to melee sticky you in a crowd
-you have the lowest amount of racial allies and they are on the other side of the most heavily contested area in the entire map (center)

Want me to go on? If @Ub3rgames had left strafespeed alone instead of giving hunt speed to all the races and giving wolves another +40% along with making melee reaches between all Races arguably the same... it's a fucking joke.

I railed Ub3rgames during indev to make racial changes or this was going to happen **along with not making melee reaches what they are now. I played wolf for the last 2 years in DF1 anybody who actually played wolf could have told you this is how it's going to go (wolf populations are going to drive off a cliff) unless you make changes... but once again they apparently don't have the self-awareness to understand that -just maybe- they don't actually have all the answers and should have listened to people who actually experienced it for 2 years.

Edit- I loved Mahirim, and actually contacted GM Mark about race changing twice before I joined SKD. But I just couldn't bring myself to be forced to play the game with that shitty ass option

• Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:51:01 am by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #3
At this rate there will be no 3 way factional war in it's current state. To balance things out I am afraid Dwarfs or Elves needs to join wolf/orc faction. Our RP nerds can put some sort  spin to save the lore!

Reply #4
I disagree with them being the least played race. I would say Alfar population is lower than ork/mahirim.

Reply #5
What is the root cause?

-Melee view is fucking horrific
-Largest hit box
-Largest player model that makes it super easy to melee sticky you in a crowd
-you have the lowest amount of racial allies and they are on the other side of the most heavily contested area in the entire map (center)

You get the best racial bonuses and you have two racial homeland areas to harvest and direct access to two subcontinents.

The lack of sexy probably has more to do their lack of popularity, assuming that's even really true.

Lol what? Not to hammer you personally but this type of misinformed opinion is why devs get the impression everything is ok with Mahirim till this day.

-Everybody has huntspeed strafing now , They fucking gave it to everybody, Mahirims just a bit more and what's the second?? Oh ya a walk speed faster then anybody else that was nerfed into the ground with the increased stam regen changes....

I'll bet you can't find more then one clan with more than 10 active wolf players. There is a reason for that

Edit - if I sound irritated it's because this isn't some mystery wrapped in a fucking enigma, they were the first population to die in df1 and they're the smallest population here. Why they can't shrink them (and orc) to Elf size, give them both a no biggie passive and call it a day blows my mind
  • Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 08:01:59 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
I accept everything Ivar says.

But I kind of want to be wolf just for the height in archery.

Reply #7
Ork hitbox is the same as elf.

I see a lot of wolves, alfars much more. I dont see many humans..

Reply #8
Pretty sure at launch Orc/Wolf was the most populated.  Right now it's hard to say.  But I do suspect activity has more to do with what's happening in a given clan than anything else, with racial population being impacted by which clans have managed to maintain activity, not anything to do with the race/race alliance itself.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
At this rate there will be no 3 way factional war in it's current state. To balance things out I am afraid Dwarfs or Elves needs to join wolf/orc faction. Our RP nerds can put some sort  spin to save the lore!
Didn't Ub3r mention they envisioned being able to offer lower priced race changes if you chose the race that had the least population? Basically to even the odds in the "constant battle royals" that would be happening round the clock around center map in the RvR wars for control over who knows what. I forgot what they said but it was in like the first road map (pipe dream)
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #10
Isn't the horde orc/wolf, french connection orc/wolf. Epoch orc/wolf. (well last one died) but the 2 clans are still playing right? and there's tons of orcs/wolves over the arac clans.
Mr. Wam Wam

Reply #11
Because like many dweebs feared there racials are too OP!
  • Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 01:39:42 pm by SupremeBeing
dodgy bastard