Skip to main content

Topic: With no monthly income how will DnD survive?? (Read 1143 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: With no monthly income how will DnD survive??
Reply #15
I wager those servers are pretty expensive.... Are they intentionally not billing people because the game is screwed up?

Just a guess from personal experience- since you are required to use a third-party for purchase/transactions and they want their money fees up front along with a contract, and this is their first go at a business- I'm guessing they don't have one and are just pushing to get everything patched so they can actually charge us and we won't leave.

Edit- or worse because they're kind of beginners to the business they hired a shity company isnt doing a good job
  • Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:07:00 am by Ivar_theBoneless

• Otoan
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #16
They both work/worked In IT before DnD. I'd wager the servers are on their computers at their own premises. I reckon server upkeep is not as expensive given the fact.

That said I think they are simply unhappy with how the launch and lack of core features went. They can only apologise (which they have for lack of some features), and not charge us to play which they seem not to be doing at the moment.

Nothing else they can or should do other than continue their work and spill us out more patches!!  :D

This in itself shows how much of an idiot you are. Only an idiot would host their own servers to save pennies. Have you not watched Silicon Valley? It might be a comedy tv show but that shit is on point.
Next time you post @Otoan try and actually know what your talking about or at least try and pretend

Reply #17
They both work/worked In IT before DnD. I'd wager the servers are on their computers at their own premises. I reckon server upkeep is not as expensive given the fact.

That said I think they are simply unhappy with how the launch and lack of core features went. They can only apologise (which they have for lack of some features), and not charge us to play which they seem not to be doing at the moment.

Nothing else they can or should do other than continue their work and spill us out more patches!!  :D

This in itself shows how much of an idiot you are. Only an idiot would host their own servers to save pennies. Have you not watched Silicon Valley? It might be a comedy tv show but that shit is on point.

Nice and mature to start throwing insults around. Iirc they both worked in network programming before, so why the fuck not host their own servers? I'd still wager that's exactly what they do and also the main reason the server stayed in Paris.

Reply #18

Nice and mature to start throwing insults around. Iirc they both worked in network programming before, so why the fuck not host their own servers? I'd still wager that's exactly what they do and also the main reason the server stayed in Paris.

Actually you're wrong. Early on the devs admitted they were hosting the game on servers located where one of them used to work (possibly still works).

Reply #19
Buy to play with cosmetic cash shop attracts people.
Whether that is good for Darkfall or not is not for me to say, as I am far from a marketing analyst or expert.

Cosmetic stuff takes a lot of time and effort, I do not think they have enough people working on it to be able to do it, or enough people to buy the cosmetics to make it worth it. Also I would imagine that in a game like Darkfall cosmetics would make it lag a lot.

I mean take a look at Path of Exile, it is a successful game, probably has good servers and all that. However you can notice the difference between playing with people with them and without. You can only have 6 people in a party but if all 6 have loads of cosmetics it can cause crazy lag. The character models are also smaller, although on the other side a lot more spells are cast in PoE.

Now imagine having a siege that is like 20-30v20-30 all with micro transactions. If they wanted to put in good quality cosmetics this could cause loads of lag.

Reply #20
Like they always have. Turn tricks on the street corner. I'm sure there are fetishes for unshaven French dudes. They make a killing...

Reply #21
It is really bizarre and imho shows very amateur. They clearly have little income or else we'd have more than a handful of devs who code/gm/probably do support/probably one does website/probably do the qa.

It doesn't show them being fair to me it shows them being naive and we likely won't see this prosper without SOME kind of business savvy or at least faith in their product. If they don't think it is worth anything than why should we as consumers?

On all accounts it is not something that gives me faith on this project continuing for very long.

• Devil
  • [*][*]
Reply #22
Will be interesting to see how many are left once subs turn on thats for sure.

Reply #23
What i heard, is that when they advertised the indev period they got so much money/subs that they had enough to pay for it for a few years or so. And that they're riding that at the moment. IDK. It doesn't make much sense to me from a business perspective, but from a goodwill perspective i appreciate it.

• Devil
  • [*][*]
Reply #24
Video game companies are out to make money like every company ever formed. If your not making money and just providing a service its a hobby not a business. My guess is they don't know how to setup monthly billing or haven't put the time into developing it.

Reply #25
Video game companies are out to make money like every company ever formed. If your not making money and just providing a service its a hobby not a business. My guess is they don't know how to setup monthly billing or haven't put the time into developing it.

Oh dear lord the fact this is more then likely the case is very scary 😫
dodgy bastard

• Meth
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #26

Very much so, because lets be real would you resub at this point? 1 dev spent a month working on this patch jesus

Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.

• Devil
  • [*][*]
Reply #27

Very much so, because lets be real would you resub at this point? 1 dev spent a month working on this patch jesus

Probably not. I'm annoyed at everything just like everyone else :( I had high hopes for warfronts and decent race wars.

Reply #28

Probably not. I'm annoyed at everything just like everyone else :( I had high hopes for warfronts and decent race wars.
the fact that ub3r is giving out race changes to anyone who just says "i made a mistake" and there fucking alts, means i know multiple players whove been all 5 races on the same character and its only been 3 months.. its fucking stupid

this feels like a fucking private server
dodgy bastard

Reply #29

the fact that ub3r is giving out race changes to anyone who just says "i made a mistake" and there fucking alts, means i know multiple players whove been all 5 races on the same character and its only been 3 months.. its fucking stupid

this feels like a fucking private server

It has the population of one too.