Skip to main content

Topic: With no monthly income how will DnD survive?? (Read 1402 times) previous topic - next topic

• Devil
  • [*][*][*]
With no monthly income how will DnD survive??
I wager those servers are pretty expensive.... Are they intentionally not billing people because the game is screwed up?

Re: With no monthly income how will DnD survive??
Reply #1
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #2
It wont.

Even if they implemented everything on the roadmap tomorrow, there would still be 100 people on the server.

Reply #3
If they instead went live b2p, we would have 10x the population. You guys don't understand how much people hate subscription even though it is a better model for both consumer and developers.

Reply #4
They both work/worked In IT before DnD. I'd wager the servers are on their computers at their own premises. I reckon server upkeep is not as expensive given the fact.

That said I think they are simply unhappy with how the launch and lack of core features went. They can only apologise (which they have for lack of some features), and not charge us to play which they seem not to be doing at the moment.

Nothing else they can or should do other than continue their work and spill us out more patches!!  :D

Reply #5
They both work/worked In IT before DnD. I'd wager the servers are on their computers at their own premises. I reckon server upkeep is not as expensive given the fact.

That said I think they are simply unhappy with how the launch and lack of core features went. They can only apologise (which they have for lack of some features), and not charge us to play which they seem not to be doing at the moment.

Nothing else they can or should do other than continue their work and spill us out more patches!!  :D

Whats on next patch ? City nodes outside cities, few magic school adjustments.. what else ?

Reply #6
WITH montly subs, how would DND survive? 1k subs, -> 9k euro -> 3 low payed devs. GG.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #7
If they instead went live b2p, we would have 10x the population.

no we would not
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #8
If they instead went live b2p, we would have 10x the population.

no we would not
Neither of you know that but what so we have now a game thats incomplete getting minor update monthly so whats end goal down the line when ub3r feel they have a complete game then what ????

Sometime a company has to take risks. Based on psst darkfall version and past patterns one can assume where this game is going ans how long.

I think we need 2 ask ub3r  new questions and see what there plans r for this game for the end of this year is this just some hobby project or an actual game company that seeks growth??

Reply #9
Buy to play with cosmetic cash shop attracts people.
Whether that is good for Darkfall or not is not for me to say, as I am far from a marketing analyst or expert.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #10
Buy to play with cosmetic cash shop attracts people.
Whether that is good for Darkfall or not is not for me to say, as I am far from a marketing analyst or expert.

Darkfall can become a perfect game in our eyes but does no one any good if population remains low. Everything should be on the table for review/change. There is no such thing as untouchable sacred cow.

Reply #11
The main issue for DF now may be that you need players for content. Maybe thats the thing to address? Also lower the cost of war decs, ty.

Reply #12
no pve content, no pvp content(only villages), useless holdings(only mines), no seatowers towers, ponyfall at TOO BIG world and if anyone killed you so far of your bank .... u will run about 30 min+ naked... and zerg of archers with full stats all fight so funny. mass fight - warrior spaming bow mages first nuke, pew pew pew.no mobility no control for mages! only zerg only 1 button.warriors without any skills ( only seize atack).thx for another dead server.
villages and scaling killed economy aswell + offline meditation and power hour = empty world
and amazing graphic about 2009 too good ;)
  • Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 02:21:19 am by semenchik

Reply #13
devs get paid in thin mints
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #14
devs get paid in thin mints

Baguettes as they have said many times....
  • Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:09:20 am by Mycke