Skip to main content

Topic: Shipwreck! (Read 371 times) previous topic - next topic

Shipwreck!
Using the same Chaos Chest system you could add shipwrecks to the sea (or even floating crates) containing appropriate loot (gold, timber, wood up to map, shipbuilding module or astrolabe). This would lead to having players around the seas hunting for wrecks and players chasing those who hunt wrecks XD

Re: Shipwreck!
Reply #1
yep!
That's something RoA is doing right for example and they could copy the idea (just like RoA devs copy some ideas from DnD).
The code structure for random stuff to appear in the world is already there for the chaos chest, so just re-use it for additional dinamic content

• Bunny
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
You mean like "flotsam" from UW?

Reply #3
This would be so cool.

Reply #4
Using the same Chaos Chest system you could add shipwrecks to the sea (or even floating crates) containing appropriate loot (gold, timber, wood up to map, shipbuilding module or astrolabe). This would lead to having players around the seas hunting for wrecks and players chasing those who hunt wrecks XD

Great idea.

I'd go a step further and say in order to loot these chaos chests you need to have a ship within the vicinity of the chest. Get people out on the high seas.

Reply #5
Great idea.  People love boats, but there is SO little content on the water currently.

Reply #6
People love boats. But only a couple clans actually own them. Unless you count rafts and launches, of course.

Reply #7
People love boats. But only a couple clans actually own them. Unless you count rafts and launches, of course.
that's because there is currently little (and i am generous :-D) content for boats....why would you spend your night on a boat currently? you'll find no one in the seas, and will have basically nothing to do...so people don't even bother getting one

Reply #8
GREAT     SEA     UPDATE
Lets make the Sea Great Again !
Bring back Ships on the Sea !
My Ideas :

Sea Treasure Maps
Find Sea Treasure Maps when fishing with Fishing Box on a Boat, or with High Sea Polee
You have to dive to the treasure place to get your Loot, better use the new Diving Helmet

Diving Helmet
With this special helmet you can dive 5 minutes
Sea Trading Routes
1. Craft Resource Boxes - place it on a Ship, bigger Ships have more Space for Boxes
                                        sail to Trading Post and u get a Trading Box for your Resource Box . You have to load your Boxes in your Inventory. 1 Box have 200kg (overloaded). Need a Crew for faster Loading. Tier I- III Boxes. Each Trading Post have his own Trading Box. North Tradingbox,South Tradingbox,West and East Tradingbox.
NORTH TRADING POST    pays for South TB Tier I 2500 g
                                                              West TB Tier I 1400g
                                                              East TB Tier I 1000g
Random Time Events
Sometime for expl. East Trading Post pay +50% more for a West Trading Box

2. Delivier the Trade-Box from Trade Post South to Trade Post North and get the best Reward. Should be good enough for the time and resources. You can also delivier your cargo from North to East or West, but for fewer gold.

3. Pirates Danger
Keep in mind that your Resourcebox and Trading Boxes can be stolen. Its in your Inventory or in your Ship Inventory !
Trade Posts are Safezone. Nobody can kill or attack you or your Ship inside this Zone

Fishing Box
Get a better Reward when you fish with a Fishing Box on a Ship. Bring Treasure Maps back to Loottable.

NPC Pirates Ship
Some Spots with Npc Ships. Pirates on board. Would be cool if they sail a course and fire cannons. Or static Ship with Mobs and Loot. Kill the Npc Captain and loot a Ship

Sea Chaos Chests
from Ihope Ugotlewt-03.11.2017
perhaps add some intressting chaoslike chests for boats that u have to use shipcanons to break. faar inbetween but would bring some boats out and about

High Sea Fishing
NEW Item : High Sea Fishing Pole
Catch new Fish with the High Sea Fishing Pole. Each Sea has his own Fishs.
New Cooking Recipes

Whale Fishing
New Item: Harpoone
New Animal : Whale, White Whale, Moby Dick (for exp.)
Shoot a Harpoone on a Whale (on a Ship),2 People min. needed, each more Harpoone decrease the Time to catch the Whale
Loot: Whale Meat, Whale Fat
New Recipes : Cooking and Alchemy

New Ship "Sea-Scraper"
Better Loot when fishing with the Sea Scraper . Loot: Armor,Weapons,Maps,Rare Ore etc.

New Ship: "Whaler"
Special Ship for Whale Hunting
inkl. 2 stat. Harpoone (faster Catch, with this Ship you can catch a Whale solo)

Costume Sail Colours
Paint your Sails.
New Recipes for Inks
Armor painting, Weapon painting
Costume Clan Logos on Sails
Create a Logo and put it on your Ships Sails, House Flags or Armor Chests

New Food & Drinks
Rum - gives 3min +20 Health
Beer - gives 3min +20 Stamina
Old Wine - gives 3min +20 Mana

Reply #9
I know what im about to say sounds sour, but they themselves said updates to ship and sea stuff is basically one of the least priorities, done in overtime. You can imagine what overtime means in case of tiny dev team and what it says about timescale.