Skip to main content

Topic: Laborer title has to go! (Read 653 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Laborer title has to go!
Reply #15
Yup laborer needs to go, its stupid to have someone waste the title spot on something everyone needs to do. Remove the stats gains even, just let people refine.

Reply #16
Let everyone use every crafting skill upto level 25 without a title. Donezo.
* increase crafting times by 33% across the board
* increase the effects of Industry skill to 66% (up from current 33%)

yeah lets make instant crafts and max out everything in 5 hours ( NO)

Like everything on ROA max out in 5 hours teleport anywherr on the map in a blink of an eye might as well just invite hackers back haha

Quick where the roa fanbois? Waiting...

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
* increase crafting times by 33% across the board
* increase the effects of Industry skill to 66% (up from current 33%)

yeah lets make instant crafts and max out everything in 5 hours ( NO)

Like everything on ROA max out in 5 hours teleport anywherr on the map in a blink of an eye

yea an accessable version of darkfall that even a casual player can enjoy that actually works with the low population darkfall games typically get. god forbid better purge it with fire.

Reply #18
what the point of crafting titles and skillcap if i can use 15 alts?

money

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
While i think the title can stay as it is cheap income for people who like to harvest etc. the task of smelting is stuipid and should be done by the crafting station itself.

Crafting orders is what we need.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #20
1 add weapons-armor up to r20? back to merchants and add mounts to stables  make them cost a high price so players still use marketplace/tradechat
or/and
2 allow everyone to craft up to r20? / craft basic mounts / refine ressources but with lower stats and higher ressource cost

I could live with this 2 suggestions

PS: add rare/very rare.. weapon/armor drops back to mobs!
Visually enhance your Darkfall experience
Reshade
Reshade Quick Installer

Reply #21
While i think the title can stay as it is cheap income for people who like to harvest etc. the task of smelting is stuipid and should be done by the crafting station itself.

Crafting orders is what we need.

The refinement process adds nothing to the game in it's current form except tedium. If refinement process required logistics like capture a smelter , visit certain location then it would have added content .

Reply #22
1 add weapons-armor up to r20? back to merchants and add mounts to stables  make them cost a high price so players still use marketplace/tradechat
or/and
2 allow everyone to craft up to r20? / craft basic mounts / refine ressources but with lower stats and higher ressource cost

I could live with this 2 suggestions

PS: add rare/very rare.. weapon/armor drops back to mobs!

Market is full of R20s. What is the problem you are trying to solve?

Reply #23
4ifirnul:

Waste of time = playing bad game he doesn't like
Good use of time = posting on the forum complaining about the bad game he doesn't like
Thought you described yourself again there.
dodgy bastard

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #24

Probably the only post where you've made sense, probably the last post where you make sense!
TooLate TheHero - LFC till I die

Reply #25
I generally disagree with suggestions trying to allow every character to craft regardless of Titles, but not in this case. I don't think the laborer Title adds much to the game.  I would also welcome allowing all characters to be able to cook the lowest tier foods.

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #26

Probably the only post where you've made sense, probably the last post where you make sense!

I didn't know I had a fan following me around the forum

I'll sign your tits for £10.

Reply #27
It has to go ASAP. 99% of the people ACTUALLY playing the game agree on this.

Reply #28
Hello,

As a player who has materials to provide to my dedicated crafters, i feel concerned by this subject :

I agree that the Laborer title should be required only when smelting rare ores. You need so much wood or iron ingot in recipes that woodcutting/smelting it is a full-time job in a Clan, if not many full-time jobs (require more than 1 laborer). As a consequence : this is no longer a game for the quoted laborer(s). It becomes a matter of Quality of Life playing Darkfall.

On another hand, i noticed that some quests in starting towns require to craft a cooked fish. You cannot complete the quest by buying the cooked fish from someone else. Thus, it makes sense to modify the requirement to fullfill these quests, or simplier to allow the crafting of basic food without the title.

Last thing about Quality of Life is that archers must have someone provide them in arrows. It may be goblins or kobolds (but at some point nobody really wants to take the time to kill some just to get enough ammo) or it may be a bowyer. Once again, providing ammo for a clan can become a full-time job, when Darkfall is supposed to be a game. Thus, everyone should be able to craft arrows without a title. Or harder mobs should loot more arrows, so that you gain more than the amount you use to kill them (not the case at the moment)

I've read another alternative to fix this situation above, but i can't remember it  :P
In case you ask yourself why ashes are the main reagent for arcane magic : arcane magic is especially efficient against undead monsters.
So it's Ash vs Evil Dead !

Reply #29
I cant wait to hear everyone complain when MORE crafting titles are introduced into the game and it screws up everyone alt crafters.

The titles I am referring to at the specialization titles for certain items.  Like master sword crafter, etc. 

welp, time to sub another alt, just as ub3r intended
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state