Skip to main content

Topic: Laborer title has to go! (Read 762 times) previous topic - next topic

Laborer title has to go!
Kinda given up posting suggestions as it either falls on death ears or you get the usual ignorant fan boy's in here spewing theoretical shit, but here it goes:

I think it's time to let everyone be able to refine their own wood/ores. So you wanna enjoy Darkfall with a few friends, or a small group. All of you are PvP orientated so you take the relevant titles. Your like, it's cool we'll stay near our capital/known crafter locations and just get our gear crafted for us when we need it. However, not only do those players need to find their specific crafters, they also need to find a laborer that's willing to spend a significant amount of time smelting/refining their mats. This could result in potentially a lot of travelling to the laborer, back to the crafter which again, is more time spent. Let alone risk of being scammed. I understand that playing alone should be difficult... but to be fair its near impossible. The only real way is buy an Alt (which shouldn't be necessary as it just highlights bad game design) or join a big clan, which you shouldn't be forced into.

I think most people can stomach travelling distances to get their stuff crafted, but to have to find someone to refine it BEFORE you can even take that step is just too much.

TL/DR - Remove laborer. Let everyone able to smelt/refine their own mats. Add the bonus to mining/logging in the Bowyer/Armoursmith skill.
  • Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:53:46 pm by Kal VenoM

Re: Laborer title has to go!
Reply #1
I kinda agree, but the solution is pretty simple. Save in bulk, drop title, pick up laborer, refine, drop laborer, pick up initial title at a cost of 10 levels or 0.3%, 0.4% or -0.6% efficiency which increase again in steps of 0.17% per day (6 days).
  • Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:57:39 pm by Nataz

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Let everyone use every crafting skill upto level 25 without a title. Donezo.

Reply #3
I kinda agree, but the solution is pretty simple. Save in bulk, drop title, pick up laborer, refine, drop laborer, pick up initial title at a cost of 10 levels or 0.3%, 0.4% or -0.6% efficiency which increase again in steps of 0.17% per day (6 days).

That's not as simple as just removing the title and letting everyone able to do it themselves whenever they want lol.

I actually feel really strongly about this, who the fuck honestly enjoys having the laborer title on their main character? The title literally involves watching a timer bar refill on your screen constantly, that's the game-play you receive from this title. How the fuck is that fun, I bet there's not one single person on this game saying "BOY OH BOY IM SO GLAD I TOOK LABORER SO MUCH FUN :)))". It's just a huge, massive tedious drain that needs to be removed and forgotten.

Edit - Just to be clear, smelting/refining is tedious as fuck but I'm not against it being in game. It can be done whilst being afk doing the washing/tabbed out doing something else or some shit. What I'm against is the Laborer title.
  • Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 04:10:40 pm by Kal VenoM

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
BOY OH BOY IM SO GLAD I TOOK LABORER SO MUCH FUN!

just kidding, obviously i have an alt, like everyone else.

Altfall = BestFall

(not)

Reply #5

Yeah I like that idea.

Reply #6
I completely agree. (up to lvl 24.9 is what I'd do)

And to make crafting titles retain usefulness @Ub3rgames should do the following:
* increase crafting times by 33% across the board
* increase the effects of Industry skill to 66% (up from current 33%)
* make 5-minute foods craftable at skill 25 instead of skill 1
* make a new (bad) recipe for arrow making at lvl 1 Bowyer (1 ingot + 2 wood for 25 arrows or some such)
* change current (great) recipe for arrow making to lvl 25 Bowyer
etc

It would allow anyone to:
* experiment with Crafting so that new players can see if that's something they might be interested in
* make super basic goodies available to anyone (so anyone could make 2 min food or brown sack, but you'd still need a dedicated crafter to make you better food or colored sacks/bags)
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #7
what the point of crafting titles and skillcap if i can use 15 alts?

Reply #8
* increase crafting times by 33% across the board
* increase the effects of Industry skill to 66% (up from current 33%)

yeah lets make instant crafts and max out everything in 5 hours ( NO)

Reply #9

That's not as simple as just removing the title and letting everyone able to do it themselves whenever they want lol.

I actually feel really strongly about this, who the fuck honestly enjoys having the laborer title on their main character? The title literally involves watching a timer bar refill on your screen constantly, that's the game-play you receive from this title. How the fuck is that fun, I bet there's not one single person on this game saying "BOY OH BOY IM SO GLAD I TOOK LABORER SO MUCH FUN :)))". It's just a huge, massive tedious drain that needs to be removed and forgotten.

Edit - Just to be clear, smelting/refining is tedious as fuck but I'm not against it being in game. It can be done whilst being afk doing the washing/tabbed out doing something else or some shit. What I'm against is the Laborer title.
stfu faggot,how can you even play this shitty broken dnd game after your old pvp videos??? You not better than a horde carebears since u play this.

Reply #10
Ub3r can create a new Titles, like: Harvester, (that fuses Laborer + Herbalist), and Survivalist (fuses Skinning and Cooking)

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Braindamaged teenager has arrived guys, threads ruined. The kid can't PvP with any success even in DND and is crutching on the theory that it's because it's skill-less.

Time to move on.
  • Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 05:30:44 pm by MNO

Reply #12

stfu faggot,how can you even play this shitty broken dnd game after your old pvp videos??? You not better than a horde carebears since u play this.

I mean instead I could spend my time posting more than 90% of the forum on a game I don't play right?

Reply #13
4ifirnul:

Waste of time = playing bad game he doesn't like
Good use of time = posting on the forum complaining about the bad game he doesn't like

Reply #14
I cant wait to hear everyone complain when MORE crafting titles are introduced into the game and it screws up everyone alt crafters.

The titles I am referring to at the specialization titles for certain items.  Like master sword crafter, etc.