Skip to main content

Topic: Walk of Shame, why do we need that in this game? (Read 385 times) previous topic - next topic

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Walk of Shame, why do we need that in this game?
Reply #15
Walk of Shame has to stay!
It's the only thing protecting new players from gankhungry veterans!
Once warfronts are implemented in 2020 Walk of Shame won't be a problem anymore!
If you don't see this you don't get the VISION!!!!!
This guy sees the vision.

Add blessed ethereal mounts aka UO. Can travel at blue tail speed and instantly dismount you and pop into your backpack if you take damage or choose to dismount. The only condition is you have to be naked with nothing other than your newbie weapons and can only remount it every 5 mins.

Sounds super technical but it's a better compreomise to spawning at a random stone in bumfuck Egypt or suiciding all the way back to your original bundstone

Reply #16
A wise man learns from others mistakes.
A normal person learns from his own.
A fool never learns.

If you are too stupid to bank mounts in various locations you deserve to walk.

This tbh.

Player holdings are useful also. Have a nice locality of them and you will never spawn at a chaos city again.

Reply #17
A wise man learns from others mistakes.
A normal person learns from his own.
A fool never learns.

If you are too stupid to bank mounts in various locations you deserve to walk.

That isnt the discussion, i fully agree with what you write there but that isnt the point. Discussion is about why do we need a Walk of Shame not how do we adept too the WoS.

I think we do not need a WoS or Ride of Shame (if you have a mount). Local banking + no bindstone recall and runestones allready covers the problems we saw in DFO, adding a WoS on top of that is totally over the top and is in no way a reasonable penalty towards casual players.

I work 5 days a week have a social life but play most days in the week for a couple hours semi afk or active. What really pushes me away from the game is not local banking but the time consuming nonsense like the WoS. I find the increased travel times far more realistic then the old DF version and totally understand why they implemented them, but not a walk of shame or localised marketplaces these things add nothing to the game then eat up my time which i rather spend having some fun ingame.

I seen many leave the game because there are games out there which does not bore them with over the top time consuming nonsense but gives them something constructive to do the whole time you are playing. If Ub3r is scared off elitist clans non stop raiding people then make guardtowers cheaper and never allow arcane prot rings in the game. Adding time consuming nonsense pushes the wrong kind a people away from the game, i love this game but over time doing the time consuming nonsense over and over will burn me out and i will stop playing like many before me allready did.
  • Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 04:45:58 pm by Bim Bam
BimBam Kaboom - Simiran

Reply #18
What sucks the most is when the only spawn point available is much further from home than your body.. God that gets me.

Reply #19
melee and archery is ok,moron,but magic is broken. Why did they cut magic power,if mages have titlecap now lol. If you only can have 1-2 title rays,then it dont need to have charging time and must be instant cast.
Rays was strong,because everyone had 7 rays without cd. If i only have dragonbreath now with title,then it must be instantcast with fullpower.
I dont care about this dead shitty game,i have 10 bucks now and i can go play roa with real pvp anytime.
You dont need to cut magic power,if you can only pick 1-2 schools....Bring back old magic,we have a title cap now...
  • Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 01:00:07 pm by 4ifirnul

Reply #20
Walk of Shame has to stay!
It's the only thing protecting new players from gankhungry veterans!
Once warfronts are implemented in 2020 Walk of Shame won't be a problem anymore!
If you don't see this you don't get the VISION!!!!!
This guy sees the vision.

Add blessed ethereal mounts aka UO. Can travel at blue tail speed and instantly dismount you and pop into your backpack if you take damage or choose to dismount. The only condition is you have to be naked with nothing other than your newbie weapons and can only remount it every 5 mins.

Sounds super technical but it's a better compreomise to spawning at a random stone in bumfuck Egypt or suiciding all the way back to your original bundstone

OR ...  wait for it ... just allow players to select the stone the bound at previously as respawn point. Not too technical and every player would welcome it who experienced the walk.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
That works too. Was just trying to figure out middle ground between the two since we have some people that like the "strategy" involved in the walk of shame

Reply #22
No, it serves a purpose

Plan ahead

It adds a new layer of logistics and meta/ strategy and risk vs reward

Be smart/ safe and you won't be as "punished" by it

Be stupid and you get owned

Or knowingly take a risk if u think the reward might be worth it

Working as intended you need to adapt

Reply #23
It's so simple...

You don't need WoS, you can have a "Battle Weary" timer instead. So if you die, you can respawn at your bank, but you cant PvP for "x" amount of time. It means that people who die can keep playing the game, they just cant re-engage in the fight.

You could have fast travel and incorporate "travel sickness" so that there's a debuff on the player for a period of time.

Its not hard, the game is supposed to be fun isnt it?

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Oh shit. Kind of like "stat" in faction pvp in UO. You could still pvp but your skills were dog shit for 20 mins so really all you could do is cross heal and even those heals were meh