Skip to main content

Topic: I want to play Darkfall (Read 311 times) previous topic - next topic

I want to play Darkfall
I've known about this game since I discovered it playing World of Warcraft 9 years ago. I never got to play then because I was too young to afford a sub & didn't know if my computer could even handle it at the time.
When I found DFND I played a bit during the beta but all I was doing was farming mobs or hitting stones. When I saw it as a kid I was massive armies fighting, people roaming and ganking. How do I get to that point? am I too late if I start fresh?

Thanks for your time

• murkk
  • [*][*]
Re: I want to play Darkfall
Reply #1
You're not too late! The sooner you start the sooner you get the that PVP viable point. I would suggest joining a clan as most clans help new players because you will have questions and stuff.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
You'll have a blast if you join some of the bigger clans left in game. Many are very helpful towards new players and you'll have some fun along the way
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
I've known about this game since I discovered it playing World of Warcraft 9 years ago. I never got to play then because I was too young to afford a sub & didn't know if my computer could even handle it at the time.
When I found DFND I played a bit during the beta but all I was doing was farming mobs or hitting stones. When I saw it as a kid I was massive armies fighting, people roaming and ganking. How do I get to that point? am I too late if I start fresh?

Thanks for your time

You can be viable pretty quickly as melee archer if you want to limit your time spent grinding (it's not really a grind, I promise). Join a bigger clan that has PvE events and you'll soar through skills.

Reply #4
Agreed, start as melee archer.  You'll not only have a competitive character much sooner, but you'll narrow down your "player skill learning curve" to a much more manageable skill set.  "Magefall" is a very steep learning curve by comparison.