Skip to main content

Topic: I want to play Darkfall (Read 245 times) previous topic - next topic

I want to play Darkfall
I've known about this game since I discovered it playing World of Warcraft 9 years ago. I never got to play then because I was too young to afford a sub & didn't know if my computer could even handle it at the time.
When I found DFND I played a bit during the beta but all I was doing was farming mobs or hitting stones. When I saw it as a kid I was massive armies fighting, people roaming and ganking. How do I get to that point? am I too late if I start fresh?

Thanks for your time

• murkk
  • [*]
Re: I want to play Darkfall
Reply #1
You're not too late! The sooner you start the sooner you get the that PVP viable point. I would suggest joining a clan as most clans help new players because you will have questions and stuff.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
You'll have a blast if you join some of the bigger clans left in game. Many are very helpful towards new players and you'll have some fun along the way

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
I've known about this game since I discovered it playing World of Warcraft 9 years ago. I never got to play then because I was too young to afford a sub & didn't know if my computer could even handle it at the time.
When I found DFND I played a bit during the beta but all I was doing was farming mobs or hitting stones. When I saw it as a kid I was massive armies fighting, people roaming and ganking. How do I get to that point? am I too late if I start fresh?

Thanks for your time

You can be viable pretty quickly as melee archer if you want to limit your time spent grinding (it's not really a grind, I promise). Join a bigger clan that has PvE events and you'll soar through skills.

Reply #4
Agreed, start as melee archer.  You'll not only have a competitive character much sooner, but you'll narrow down your "player skill learning curve" to a much more manageable skill set.  "Magefall" is a very steep learning curve by comparison.