Skip to main content

Topic: Make use of the trade routes as an artificial way to get items moving (Read 135 times) previous topic - next topic

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Make use of the trade routes as an artificial way to get items moving
Make the trade routes operate in two way directions.
Allow players to go to the trade huts and put in buy orders not just at any marketplace but also at the trade huts.

Yssam to ruby visa/versa
Niffle to human lands visa/versa

If I put a request for 10 fiend claw at the ruby trade hut for 1k per claw and my 10k gold gets attached to it and it shows up as an order at the Yssam hut that needs to be filled. Someone there fills the order

Then someone who wants to do a trade route (because they get actually good rewards) goes about doing their normal function like it operates right now with the gold wager gets a backpack. They have no idea what's in the backpack and only one order is attached to each backpack.

If the player makes it across, they get paid and the fiend claw makes it to the hut with a message to both players that 10k gold (minus 10%) has been deposited into the order filler's bank account.

If the player does not make it, a message stating the order did not make it and the 10k is split between both players into their bank accounts and the items being delivered disappear from the world and just that order can simply be requested again remotely.

With the nerf to rares from villages, the rewards for doing trade routes should be simple items like rare ore, thick leather, elemental cloth and the like with an occasional chance to get a rare material used in crafting a racial weapon.

Having 4 timers each separated by 6 hours equally all revolving on a 25 hour fixed cycle the way villages work will give players incentive and equal chance to work their schedules around the timers and even make natural trade routes form between the ruby to human lands, from there to Yssam and Yssam to Niffle and Niffle back to ruby with the furthest points being connected by the static timers.

Just an idea to try to take already in place mechanics and make them useful to jumpstart this shit show of an economy with local banking
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Re: Make use of the trade routes as an artificial way to get items moving
Reply #1
Smart way to reduce tediousness for those who don't want to deal with logistics! Sounds like the way trade routes originally were supposed to work tbh with local banking.

Reply #2
that would be cool. Nice idea

Reply #3
Make the trade routes operate in two way directions.
Allow players to go to the trade huts and put in buy orders not just at any marketplace but also at the trade huts.

Yssam to ruby visa/versa
Niffle to human lands visa/versa

If I put a request for 10 fiend claw at the ruby trade hut for 1k per claw and my 10k gold gets attached to it and it shows up as an order at the Yssam hut that needs to be filled. Someone there fills the order

Then someone who wants to do a trade route (because they get actually good rewards) goes about doing their normal function like it operates right now with the gold wager gets a backpack. They have no idea what's in the backpack and only one order is attached to each backpack.

If the player makes it across, they get paid and the fiend claw makes it to the hut with a message to both players that 10k gold (minus 10%) has been deposited into the order filler's bank account.

If the player does not make it, a message stating the order did not make it and the 10k is split between both players into their bank accounts and the items being delivered disappear from the world and just that order can simply be requested again remotely.

With the nerf to rares from villages, the rewards for doing trade routes should be simple items like rare ore, thick leather, elemental cloth and the like with an occasional chance to get a rare material used in crafting a racial weapon.

Having 4 timers each separated by 6 hours equally all revolving on a 25 hour fixed cycle the way villages work will give players incentive and equal chance to work their schedules around the timers and even make natural trade routes form between the ruby to human lands, from there to Yssam and Yssam to Niffle and Niffle back to ruby with the furthest points being connected by the static timers.

Just an idea to try to take already in place mechanics and make them useful to jumpstart this shit show of an economy with local banking

If they could pull this off in a non french timelime, this would be fucking amazing. Eve had this shit and I am confident that it would work better in dfo.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
I'd like to bump this because the game needs incetives and motivation to play TravelFall. Restoring trade routes to make them more desired while tying orders to it can't be all that hard. It shouldn't be that hard to have a sort of marketplace looking page at each hut and 3 hours after the trade hut has closed, be able to check how many people accepted trade run quests and how many of those made it. Then simply remove the listings from the list at point a and add them to the list at point b while deleting the items from the list that did not make it.
The only thing that would have to be designed is the server's communication to both parties upon results
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)