Skip to main content

Topic: can someone show me how to be a pro mage? (Read 788 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: can someone show me how to be a pro mage?
Reply #15
this is how u play mage,but there is no magic at all in shitty ddnd
You post this shit video in every thread. If you get a boner of RoA, why you don't play it and still hang out here in the DND forums? Retarded kid.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
Air floating effect is pretty powerful. However it will get fixed.

Also all secondary effects are highly influenced by encumbrance and magnitude
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
I dropped my melee title, I kept pushing melee in robes and it's just not meant to be played that way. I am giving in, 100% mage. My titles currently are water, necro, earth, combo-scholar.

I need inspiration man, I just got hit by the NEW magma and I realized I picked the wrong school..

dont melee in robes, use giant bone and use 1h+shield. together with a good shield you have 14-15 melee protections. higher than plate and almost at FP level (correct me if im wrong) and a fast swinging weapon. go axe if you dont have necro school for the slashing debuff. use fire as main school and air as secondary for maximum mobility and utility and to run heavy armor targets out of stam easier. knockups from fire and float shit from air is also very good control tools. then as last title pick either potent or quickcaster depending on preference. (or even alteration master if your the haste buff bitch of your group)

Reply #18
I stuck with water, scholar, combo-pole arms.

Water rotations are good for short distance fighting and I have good transitions. My sigs are dogshit tho, if anyone is interested in the hybrid play, go air and use bone.
  • Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 12:43:18 pm by Maximiliuss

Reply #19
Air > Water hands down. Water has a bit more stamina drain but air overall a much better school.

Make sure to have secondary schools like necromancy and fire so your not a one trick pony and have enough utility to perform in many situations.

Reply #20
Water and air are virtually the same with a few spells that differ. AoE: air does more dmg, water blinds. Nuke: air  faster travel, water casts faster but moves at inferno speed.

Water gets 2 10% atk speed debuff to melee or archery that last like 30s and gills.

Air gets tornado, arrow debuff, come hither, storm blast, arrow protection.

I hope this helps at least the devs get the point.

Imo, you shouldnt have 2 schools that do the same gimmick (+40% stam dmg) because one will outshine the other at some point. Take stam drain from water, and a casting/swinging slow effect or something to it.
  • Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 09:22:10 pm by Maximiliuss

Reply #21

Imo, you shouldnt have 2 schools that do the same gimmick (+40% stam dmg) because one will outshine the other at some point. Take stam drain from water, and a casting/swinging slow effect or something to it.

yeh its not like theres  schools already that do 20% stam drain,  lets make water a shitter version of fire!

if any school from air or water should lose its extra stam drain (i dont think it should) its AIR not water. it actually has spells, and sigs worth a damn.
Big Abbo

Reply #22
That would make Air weaker than fire. They should change the flavor of water imo with proper thought behind it and testing it could be fun.

Reply #23
Water has faster first nuke then air. Air first nuke probably one of the slows nukes in the game, very hard to aim, specially someone on horse that runing away. When they nerf r50 air, water>air specially if they will buff the debuffs in water
Herzl - GSC

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Water has faster first nuke then air. Air first nuke probably one of the slows nukes in the game, very hard to aim, specially someone on horse that runing away. When they nerf r50 air, water>air specially if they will buff the debuffs in water

What? Blizzard is way slower than exploding charge.

Reply #25
First nuke bro
Herzl - GSC

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #26
Wtf is first nuke.

Reply #27
bolt i guess..

Reply #28
good and fast damage is not a pro mage.... since only eye root is working properly,there is no pro mages in dnd,its more like DF UW mages or a mages of a common game.
make it unique again idiots,bring back old magic effects

Reply #29
I think the most important thing about being a mage is accuracy.  Sure you can aim at someones feet with AoEs but you'll only do 20-30% splash damage.  If you aim well, you can go Fire Mage and knockup / ray or knockup / bolt.  Also if you are playing against a heavy armor wearer, shoot them with a debuff and you'll see a major increase in overall damage.  Accuracy is key.