Skip to main content

Topic: Where is the bang? (Read 2409 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Where is the bang?
Reply #15
Without time gate  you can just switch between crafting profession and  we are back to everyone able to craft everything.

• murkk
  • [*][*]
Reply #16
I am looking for regular bang sessions during NA evening to nights. That is 9pm-5am UTC (take a hint ub3r, Universal Time. Paris is -2 UTC, I swear to god I am going to burn all the baguettes if I catch you with this paris time nonsense.)

Please help a guy out, do your part to get this lonely guy a proper bang session before everyone quits on me. :(

Honestly bro.
From my experience in the last week.
Mid map villages during 1-5pm EST groups of 10+ bang.. as of today!
Wolf lands: Rats in hats/Deathpigs bangers
Dwarf lands: Thick Leather spawns ie. Ogre Boss/bullies
Ork lands: Andruk / surrounding dungeons
Yssam: Golem spawns and Talpec
Between Erinthel in elf lands and Northern Ruby

Reply #17
@lambdaExpression

Doesn't have to be timed gated though does it, to achieve what you're talking about?  You take the title, and if you drop it, then you lose all of your skill.

I've yet to hear a single positive aspect of time gating.

Reply #18
@lambdaExpression

Doesn't have to be timed gated though does it, to achieve what you're talking about?  You take the title, and if you drop it, then you lose all of your skill.

Loosing all you crafting skill is a big deal, especially if clan didn't power level this crafter.  Why is you clan so reluctant to use trade channel , market, Alliance crafter while your back up crafter catch up?

Reply #19
@lambdaExpression

Loosing all you crafting skill is a big deal, especially if clan didn't power level this crafter.  Why is you clan so reluctant to use trade channel , market, Alliance crafter while your back up crafter catch up?
Just embrace AltFal in all its glory and have crafting Alts.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #20
@lambdaExpression

This is off topic but peoole dont sell shit. I depend on my guilds crafter ALTS and randomly buy food on markets. The system is poo, do you get paid to defend it?

Lately Ive gotten bang in northen center map. I am going to check out wolf and work my way around west and south. I bring a handful of gearsets w me so I hope we meet.

May the bang be with you.

Reply #21
@lambdaExpression

I don't think you understand what he meant. Title!=skill. He means that you can solve the problem by linking skill and title so if you drop title you also lose your skill progression (which otherwise stays)
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #22
Another problem is that the Crafting/enchanting system is set up so that we can never actually enchant our best gear, so there's less incentive to farm enchanting mats.

For example, we lost our main staff crafter.  So our clan is now waiting for our replacement staff crafter to get past the painful time gates.  And then once they CAN craft a new rank of staff, they can't enchant that staff until another 15 Title points.

Completely, utterly painful system.  And the sad part is its unnecessary.  It adds nothing to the game, just makes it more painful.  As others have noted, it could have been useful at the BEGINNING of the game to "gate" the powerful clans from growing past the casuals too quickly.  But now the time gates are just a huge barrier to new players or to anyone who changes their spec.  As everyone's been saying all along.

Can anyone think of any positive arguments to time gated titles at this stage in the game?  I really can't think of any benefit off the top of my head. 

Time gated titles are actually the thing keeping me from wanting to log in and play atm

Reply #23
Last time I tried to say something about time gating having more drawbacks than benefits, I got hit by a barrage of "it is perfect because Ubergames said so".

Shit i am turning into Seronys.

Reply #24
1) Embrace AltFall
2) Never change titles
3) If your current build becomes boring GOTO 1 (play your alt with a different build)

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #25
@lambdaExpression

you dont lose your crafting skills, you lose title levels, stop spreading bullshit. thanks
time gating needs some adjustments i agree

Reply #26
Without time gate  you can just switch between crafting profession and  we are back to everyone able to craft everything.

And whats the problem with that exactly? The time gated and title systems is just bullshit and tedious and you always gotta wait for shit to be crafted. You dont get it that people want to play a game and dont want to ask around and waste tons of time instead of enjoying their bit of free time.  This game is gonna go down very fast and it already started 2 weeks after launch

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
Another problem is that the Crafting/enchanting system is set up so that we can never actually enchant our best gear, so there's less incentive to farm enchanting mats.

For example, we lost our main staff crafter.  So our clan is now waiting for our replacement staff crafter to get past the painful time gates.  And then once they CAN craft a new rank of staff, they can't enchant that staff until another 15 Title points.

Completely, utterly painful system.  And the sad part is its unnecessary.  It adds nothing to the game, just makes it more painful.  As others have noted, it could have been useful at the BEGINNING of the game to "gate" the powerful clans from growing past the casuals too quickly.  But now the time gates are just a huge barrier to new players or to anyone who changes their spec.  As everyone's been saying all along.

Can anyone think of any positive arguments to time gated titles at this stage in the game?  I really can't think of any benefit off the top of my head. 
With healthy population, you wouldn't need to replace the crafters as such. Finding a replacement wouldn't even be a problem.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #28

And whats the problem with that exactly?

If everyone is self-sufficient then markets are pointless and there will be no economy.

Reply #29
simiran moved into cbay, so Its actually worth it again to raid it.
Mr. Wam Wam